midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Ok, I am fine with that. My main idea for the setup was that there was an all town hood and that mafia had to hunt for that hood (I added the doctor because it seemed too plain otherwise). I am fine with making the 3 neighbors into 3 masons if you think that is balanced.
So scum would be informed that Player X is a mason and they would have a rolecop to find out.
Or do you think scum should be informed that there are masons and not a player in particular. IMO I lean towards the first one because then they can have some fun looking at interactions, but I'm not sure if that is balanced.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Thanks.
I am fine with informing existence of doctor, but I also don't want scum to be blindsided by there being masons cuz I think masons are pretty powerful. If you think there is a reasonable chance they would be able to figure it out relatively early (by D2 maybe), then I think inform doc is ok but if not then inform mason.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:40 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 6, mastina wrote:Imo, informing of the doctor is good, and if you opt for traffic analyst, that'd let them know about the masons
I think I'm leaning towards this. The traffic analyst should be enough for maf to be careful about town communications whether mason or neighbors. And ya, scum can just try and find the doctor in dayplay.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:22 am

Post by midwaybear »

Yes with the informed knowing that there is doc.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:37 am

Post by midwaybear »

Ok, I’ll update the role pms and rules post some time soon.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Rules

Credit to everyone who helped formulate this ruleset

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all Site-wide Rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 36 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 36 hours please PM Cabd and I or post in the thread to declare V/LA.
Deadlines
  1. Deadlines for this game will be 10 days for Day 1 and 7 days for following Day Phases. Night Phases will last 48 hours.
  2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to the mods by the posted deadline. If the mods do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. Starting day 1, if at any point during the day more than half of the living players are voting for a particular player, day will end and that player will be eliminated.
  2. A majority(half plus one) must occur for an elimination to occur
  3. Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player).
  4. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  5. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at our discretion. If we think its a vote, then its a vote.
Miscellaneous
  1. I will use
    bolded font
    for Mod posts. Don't impersonate the mods. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to our discretion and will be handled as we see fit on a case-by-case basis.
Setup Information
  1. This game is a normal game.
  2. All private topics have daytalk
  3. Mafia can multitask
  4. Sample VT role PM
Spoiler:
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when there are no longer any threats to town.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Spoiler: Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one kill that night.

The game thread is here.

Town MasonWelcome!

You are a
Town Mason

You know that X and Y are aligned with the town and may speak with them here[/here], where you may talk anytime ... [url]here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

You and your partners share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Informed Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Informed Mafia Goon

You know additional information about the setup: there is a Town Doctor in this game.

You and your partners share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Traffic AnalystWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Traffic Analyst

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player is able to privately communicate with another living player (you cannot distinguish between a player who is alone in a private topic, and a player who does not have private topic access at all).

The game thread is here.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”