Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Gypyx »

wooo woo woo it's 2 in the morning and idk why i'm checking MS
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by Gypyx »

hmmmm, i kinda think the setup has a bit too much "random stuff" personally? Like, tell me if i'm wrong, but the "Vengeful" "1-shot Babysitter" or the neighborhood don't serve a crucial part in the setup?

heck, i'd say vengeful is even less effective than normal with the maf's information, like, they know that something is unclaimed in Lylo / MeLo
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 7, Isis wrote:Gypyx, "random" roles are like.. good. Roles that are more arbitrary are harder to guess in setup spec and allow the game's play to more frequently bend towards which players in the rand turn out to be successful in the dayplay rather than which players land the protagonist or antagonist roles of more scripted setups. I've consistently seen player feedback be more likely to be negative the stronger a designer was committed to a setup having a specific conceit and there's reasons that makes sense.
alright fair, i thought normals were actually supposed to not have a lot of moving parts, without being extremely straightfoward of course

plus the reasons make sens actually so ye i'm okay with keeping things that way

the thing tho, is that like, if we reach MeLo with the venge unclaimed, scum knows that there's an unclaimed role in that mix, and can reasonably guess it's a vengeful because really what role other than venge doesn't claim in that situation, so they can basically neutralize it by acting smart

which i though was bad but actually i'm supposed to think about balance so it's good probably?

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Gypyx »

can't go wrong with adding wiki stuff yeah, active can also be reasonably mixed up with non-passive as Isis did

yeah btw, about the informed, i feel like it's a bit too weak to really weigh in that sorta "inform scum about this town to give them agency" stuff

like, picture this, you're scum, but know there are 5 active PRs, what does that mean, can you do anything with that ? Probably not, Maybe refine a bit the loud visitor's fake claim but that's it really

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 14, Kerset wrote:
In post 12, Gypyx wrote:like, picture this, you're scum, but know there are 5 active PRs, what does that mean, can you do anything with that ? Probably not, Maybe refine a bit the loud visitor's fake claim but that's it really
In mid-game, you know how many more PR are hidden.
fair, it's still pretty weak imo, but if that's what you wanna roll with go ahead

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 16, Isis wrote:The vanilla townie is pretty weak too? I don't get it.
you know what i mean by that >.>

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

well, it isn't a criticism of the setup, which is probably in a good place with the suggested changes, more like "yo, i'm not sure the effect is what you were aiming for"

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Gypyx »

Ascetic isn't accurate as they don't fail as if roleblocked, as the targeting player is still considered as targeting you

stating that the informed's info is redacted upon flip can't go wrong also

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by Gypyx »

ah, well, it looks like it doesn't have the best of phrasings?

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

looking good to me

bottom text

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”