He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Ircher »

Traitors are still normal.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Ircher »

I'm not convinced the setup will have a 40% town win rate or better, though it's a bit hard to tell given it is an even-start setup and there is a traitor. The weak hider is definitely a strong role. The Traffic Analyst is moderately strong; it will get guilties on all the scum (though the traitor has an alibi), but it can only act on odd nights and there are quite a few "millers". The Vig/Ascetic is of middling power role that helps get the game off evens, but its power is dampened by the fact it acts later in the game. The JOAT seems to be a moderately strong role as well with quite a few useful abilities. The lazy fruit vendor is a pretty weak role. Overall, I'd say town has enough power.

What concerns me is the amount of power mafia possess. A full roleblocker is a notoriously strong role for mafia to have, and a mafia jailkeeper is pretty much the same but with an additional side effect and is a bit more believable as a claim. The jailkeeper also significantly nerfs the weak hider in that it allows for the hider to get false innos. The Hider Enabler is also rather strong since the weak hider is town's main power in this setup. I think changing the jailkeeper to a goon or at least limiting it to only a single shot would greatly improve balance and be passabe.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”