xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #70 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 67, Chevre wrote:no I think it's really a huge discussion point. Think of the disparities:

- the building jury is vitriolic and backs the least-gaming, non-Chatzy personalities until they are all voted out
- no one (except Tove maybe really?) has any idea of how the jury is actually thinking? I personally think it is CRAZY that I had a tonne of support prior to my elimination
- the spectators
and
mods are infuriated at the jury for their actions and say that this is not the way a jury should be

I know I gel with Kanye/Reck's thoughts on the matter.

I talked with CC about it and realized we have differing philosophies on the matter. I think it should be no-holds-barred, knock yourself out, say what you want, give it 110%, but leave it at the door when the game's over. CC (and clearly plenty others) think even though it's just a game, there should be stricter policies on what people can/cannot say.

My proposed suggestion is for mods to clearly label in their rules whether "harsh language will not be tolerated -- period" or "this is a game, but emotions run high, so only play if you can maturely deal with the emotion of the game". I think taking the anger & vitriol out of juries would do the game a disservice, but as a compromise, at least we could leave it up to the players/mods what kind of game it's going to be.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #72 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sure. That's the stock boilerplate rules that every mod uses. Clearly there's room for interpretation there as what qualifies as "excessive", and people aren't happy having mods make those calls, so I think we need further classification to prevent anger over that issue.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Social Game Archive”