Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #97 (isolation #1) » Mon May 04, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Klick »

My two cents, and basically a rephrasing of what has already been said: the reason casual game talk doesn't work early on is because, if it were to happen, no one would trust anything anyone said. If Player A starts off discussing alliances from the get-go with every single player on the tribe, what reason would any other player have to make an alliance with Player A? There has to be some basis on which people decide who they talk true strategy with early on. And that is why small-talk is essential to the early-game; it gives the other players some idea of who you are and lets them read into whether or not you would be a decent ally.

This does make me wonder, though - @everyone: How do you decide on who you want your early allies to be? What is your criteria? I haven't thought much about how that happens for me. I tend to go for certain-looking players each game, depending on how I want to play. Sometimes I'll seek out strong social players I can share a powerful alliance with, and other times I'll look for followers I can lead. Being able to at least hold a conversation, even if it's a small one, is a necessity though.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #206 (isolation #2) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 204, Snakes wrote:I wish I had put more effort into working with Crazy. A me, http, swizzle, Cornelius? alliance would have been best in hindsight.

Klick's Pre-Game Predictions wrote:4th: Valley Girl
3rd: HTTP 404
2nd: T-Swizzle
1st: Cornelius

...are you saying this was somewhat realistic? :D
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #217 (isolation #3) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 212, SleepyKrew wrote:well fuck you too Klick

I based my rating on Tingle, to be fair.

Return to “Social Game Archive”