DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #1) » Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 77, Narninian wrote:oh from reading confessionals its certainly appeared that the game of survivor started in the midgame/after a few boots, but you need fake small talk to get there, which is fairly garbage.
It can't possibly be a coincidence that 5 newbies in a row were booted. Its not like we were all inactive/not invested in the game. I was invested/active I just didn't want to talk about people's lives outside the game.

Now that I know that is policy to look for an easy boot early from people that don't want fake conversations early -- I could be a better survivor player. I'm not just sure I want to since it was so unenjoyable for me.

Hey Narninian,

I think you are underestimating the power of first impressions. Sure, coasting during the early game is easy but only if you are social enough to make a strong first impression. It doesn't require loads of effort but yes, effort is required.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Mon May 04, 2015 10:56 am

Post by DeathNote »

Wasn't stating you were, simply stating early game is a good time to coast but if you don't feel like you need to be super active early game to stay in, then I have to disagree because that is when you make your first impressions and those are what get you to the real heart of Survivor Mid Game.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #3) » Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Then keep playing the game by your own standards and change the "meta". I know I played the game my own way and continually do so, each time I improve and the same can be said for any newbie that plays. I don't consider myself a vet... what 6 games now? Thats nothing yet I considered myself a contender to win NAH.

The meta isn't the problem, it's just lack of experience. It's anyones game, just learn it.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #4) » Mon May 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by DeathNote »

The jest is to PM tho, yeah. Activity is what eliminates most people early on and even mid game. If you lose activity for whatever reason, you have a good chance of being eliminated.

Beyond that, the strategy is yours to develop. I have my own way of interacting and socializing just as other players do. You will develop what works over time and what doesn't you won't ever use again lol.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #5) » Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Our connection was pretty solid. The only reason I had doubted it and considered you an alternative was because Y wasn't very fond of you. I wanted to keep Y and Tommy much closer then our 1 on 1 relationship.

With that said, I considered multiple times ways to work with you over people like IC and Val but I didn't know how to make it work.

Return to “Social Game Archive”