Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sun May 03, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Snakes »

Not to be rude, but you voted for her as well. You can't really be that upset that she was voted out.

Good, because there's no reason for you to be crying. The outcome you supported has come to pass. This is what you wanted, right?

omg KA I love you <3333
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #94 (isolation #2) » Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Snakes »

In post 88, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:

But I agree with Axxle's latest post, in an anonymous game, people aren't going to commit to an alliance with you if they know nothing about you. It is a social game, after all, but you're right that the game doesn't get into high levels of strategy until a couple weeks in, after everyone has figured out who they want to trust.

Pretty much this. Not everyone is going to be as wordy as I am and that's fine, but I want to at least get to know someone before jumping into an alliance with them. Otherwise I'm picking based off of character choice or challenge performance and I have no idea if they're going to be loyal or trustworthy. It also comes across a lot better if you have a little bit of a conversation with someone before offering to work together. Then they'll assume you want to work with them because you like them. If you offer an alliance to someone after one response, it's going to come out of nowhere and they'll have no idea if they can trust you.

And yeah, newbies can definitely do well. I won the first game I played, and all of the best players on the site were newbies at one point.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #137 (isolation #3) » Mon May 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Snakes »

In post 132, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 129, KingdomAces wrote:That reminds me, I was actually kind of serious about this:
Food wrote:BPC [The spectator played by N, not the mod.] gave me an idea: Survivor: Mish Mash Survivor. Anon Survivor where the player options are usernames of anyone who's ever played a Survivor before. Playing in character is recommended. Picking yourself is allowed, but not as your first option, and other people taking it has preference.

Either that or character options are characters from Anon games. If a newbie asks for the mods to pick, give them Chancey and watch what happens when they say it's their first game.
Like, I wouldn't be able to design it, because I'm bad at being creative, and it would also be even less newbie friendly, so it's probably not actually a good idea, but as long as people don't use it as an excuse to be openly hostile (which is a very extreme statement in itself), it could be fairly interesting.

Just can't have anyone be Snakes, they'll lose round 1 out of principal, or win out of principal :P

Hey, it didn't work out this time :P

I remember discussing a newbie only game with jelly. I feel that could be a good idea. It would let people who want to play but don't have the experience have an equal shot instead of trying to figure out what's happening while the experienced players set their alliances up. I didn't feel like there was an anti-newbie bias this game, but it did feel like preswap, people wanted to vote for the "easy" votes who hadn't made as many social connections, and those players ended up being newbies who didnt know how important getting into the pm game immediately was.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #176 (isolation #4) » Tue May 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by Snakes »

In post 171, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 126, Espeonage wrote:Marq is my hero. Reck is too good for me.

wha???

Also am I just not understanding what a 'pagong' actually is? Because everyone was crying about a pagong backstage but like... that was 100% not the case. I assumed 'pagong' just meant grouping up along tribal lines and systematically eliminating everyone outside the tribal alliance. While the F4 were all Brode Island, I don't think it was due to a pagong mentality, and was more that the four of us made individual plays that just so happened to work out.

I think the hardest part of this game for me is that... everyone is allied. Everyone. Fucking everybody is allied with fucking everybody. I don't get it. How did Star/Dave know that the F2 deal they made was going to be honored anymore than the five million other alliances/deals? I can never tell. Hell, I thought mine/Star's F2 was strong as fuck then he voted me off, so clearly I know nothing.

I can't speak for what the mentality was like after the merge, but in my experience, the premerge felt like a pagong and was incredibly frustrating. Each round everyone wanted to target a Brohio. Me and the others from that tribe would try and fight it and most of the time, it felt like everybody just wanted Tribal Council to be over and nobody actually wanted to discuss other options.

A game where people go to different rooms to talk would be really cool and would probably do a good job giving a handicap to the alliance leader, but I also feel like it would be a lot harder for someone from a different timezone to do well.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #180 (isolation #5) » Tue May 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Snakes »

In post 177, Fluminator wrote:@Snakes. We really should have saved Shakira in hindsight. We had the power to.

Yeah, we definitely should have. I literally had to leave for my class right as the idea came up though (which lasted past the deadline), and I didn't know if the votes would be there or if Shakira was even going to log on.

For your earlier message, you hinted at an alliance, I asked you for one and then it seemed like nothing changed in our conversations, so I thought you forgot about it lol. As soon as we got to Brodoku though, you were my #1 :]
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #204 (isolation #6) » Wed May 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Snakes »

I wish I had put more effort into working with Crazy. A me, http, swizzle, Cornelius? alliance would have been best in hindsight.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #209 (isolation #7) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Snakes »

Where can we see these predictions?

Return to “Social Game Archive”