Let's talk Subjective challenges.

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Ariel »

I enjoy subjective challenges being infrequently included as possible challenges in ORGs. Maybe because I view ORGs as by design usually involving other people's whims being a factor in one's elimination, it doesn't offend me for that to be true in challenges? Subjective challenges might be more appropriate in certain types of ORGs or more complex Survivor games than vanilla Survivor though. I think it's optimal when the challenge is designed so that players aren't spending a disproportionate amount of time on it. It's also best to provide players and judges as much information upfront as possible about the judging criteria. I personally see it being more of an issue that certain other skills are disproportionately tested in challenges. Even on the TV show, I'm bored from too many premerge challenges coming down to a puzzle.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”