Theme Test Market and Co-Mod Recruitment

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Firestormer »

Hi! I'm going to be doing my own game soonish and wanted to advertise here when I do, but I need co-mods to be able to do so! I've run a few games of my own in the past so running the game itself isn't going to be any problem I feel, but I could use a co-mod for any kind of help when it comes to just knowing the community and the meta around here if possible? I would be running all the rounds and such on my own so it would be a very hands off kind of job, and it would be hosted on Jcink rather than Proboards because that's where I know how to host well, the main difference between the two is Jcink doesn't have group messaging but does look better usually, style over substance I guess.

This is the board for the last game I hosted, it was The Amazing Race rather than a normal format but it shows it off well enough: https://theamazingorg.jcink.net (I do plan on hosting a second TAR early next year and have all but the final leg prepared so I may advertise that here too when the time comes, but wanted to host Barbie first)

The theme is going to be Barbie (the movie) and I'm planning to host it on November 10th (or a week later depending on if other games happen, but I'd really prefer the 10th if possible), so if you're willing to help out and get a game going then let me know! It's going to be Survivor theme, mostly simple but I have one twist planned that I can discuss with whoever wants to be a co-mod. Planning on making it 27 players and would advertise here and in the places I usually host at once I'm sure I'm ready, but can be adjusted depending on interest.

If interested send me a pm here!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by Firestormer »

That's fair, I am planning on casting from a few places so hopefully I can get the numbers, but the game can very easily run with less players if needed so I'll play it by ear.

Anyway, Haschel will be joining the co-mod team! Ad to come once the upcoming game is far enough into it!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 am

Post by Firestormer »

So I have an org for The Amazing Race I'm gonna be hosting in July, but I was told it's too early to post an ad here like I have on the other places I host at typically (and kinda need to for a theme like this because there's a lot of pre-planning needed to make it run correctly), but Vash said that I should post it in the theme test thread for the time being lol. So I guess this is a "theme test" to see who is interested in joining this?

I posted the ad on the other org boards I'm on a couple days ago so I do have 24 signups already, my goal was 30 for 15 teams but I will likely increase that now. But if you do want to join then fill out this form and I'll try to give you a partner from this site too, or sign up as a pair if you and a partner already have something in mind for that! This is purely to determine interest and make the pairs from whoever signs up, not to choose reps or anything.

https://forms.gle/BWTL2jRAjmja5KXX6

And if you want to see the ad I posted elsewhere and would've posted here, click this link: https://clubsthatsuck.jcink.net/index.p ... topic=4127

(but in the comod recruitment part of it, if someone did want to be a co-mod I would be very appreciative of that! you won't need to test or anything, I just need someone who knows the community enough that they'd know who would be good as partners for any solo signups we have here)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”