How do you play the early game?

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

How do you play the early game?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:37 am

Post by Klick »

There is a long-standing trend of a decent chunk of new players signing up for a game, not quite knowing what to expect, and getting voted out in the first three rounds before they get a chance to get the hang of things. Raw experience and site meta are definitely extrinsic factors in this, but I suspect it would help to have an open discussion here about how to approach LSGs from the get-go.

The biggest piece of advice I can think of is to read the room, get to know everyone on a basic level before the first challenge ends, and figure out how to make yourself important to the people on your tribe. Someone has to be voted out first/second, and you need to do something to convince enough people that that shouldn't be you. This is something that comes naturally after you do it a few times (to the point that I think some people would read the title of this thread and answer 'just be social, it's not that hard'), but if you've never played a game like this before it can be hard to know to have that mindset from the start.

I'll post other thoughts when I have them. What do you all think?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by Klick »

pika-pi!! :D
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Klick »

That was brilliant
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Klick »

To be fair AcRv, the one person who immediately came to mind when I read this was Banette ;)
In post 49, Cephrir wrote:If your tribe is big enough, you also get the own-gravedigger: "Hi, person I'm meeting right now for the first time! Here's some gossip I've taken out of context. What if we voted out all the characters of opposite gender to ours? Just kidding! Unless..."
<3
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:50 pm

Post by Klick »

Yeah, occasionally when I lose a tough game of Rocket League, I get tilted and it messes with my mentality. I should have a better mindset tbh. Thanks AmandaKY!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 am

Post by Klick »

The spambots really love this thread

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”