SURVIVOR Marathon: Winter Edition

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

SURVIVOR Marathon: Winter Edition

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Aronis »

From the creator who brought you
Super Survivor Bros.
and
SURVIVOR
My Little Monty: Friendship is Magic
comes a new adventure...

The long awaited sequel to
SURVIVOR
Marathon
is here...

It's the...

SURVIVOR
Marathon: Winter Edition

Have you ever tried running a marathon in the winter? In sub zero temperatures? I haven't, but I jogged for thirty minutes yesterday and IT WAS HELL. It's set to be our most grueling season yet, with one of the best casts ever assembled in the history of Mafiascum.net. In one day, we will accomplish what would normally take 39 days and crown a sole survivor... Someone who beat not only a group of amazing castaways, but also the brutal weather conditions. Think you have what it takes? Sign up today!

I will run the game with anywhere from twelve to fifteen players. Depending on the size of the player list, the game will probably take 3-5 hours. The goal is to start at approximately
7pm ET/4pm PT, Sunday, February 21st.
The game will be ran entirely through discord.
If you're not familiar with survivor, basically there's a challenge, someone wins immunity and then there's a tribal council where somebody gets voted out. If you have any questions, let me know. And as always, you can sign up to spectate if you don't want to play.

Spoiler: GAME RULES
GENERAL RULES:
1. This is a game. No excessive toxicity. Be respectful of everyone. Play to win and have fun.
2. If I make a mistake please DM me about it and I will do my best to correct it.
3. Failure to follow any of the rules will likely result in a warning or your removal from the game.
COMMUNICATION RULES:
1. Do not DM anyone who is eliminated or not on your tribe.
2. You may create group messages to your hearts content. As long as everyone involved is on your tribe obviously and you remove anyone who gets eliminated or cease using them at that point.
CHALLENGE RULES:
1. You may give individual immunity away if done within two minutes of the challenge ending.
2. Unless I give you explicit permission to do so for a challenge, do not use outside resources for challenges.
3. You may alter your submission until the deadline.
TRIBAL RULES:
1. All TCs will last at least 8 minutes from the end of the immunity challenge results being posted. More time may be given at my discretion.
2. If you fail to vote in the allotted time, you will receive a self vote and may be eliminated from the game.
3. You may alter your vote until the deadline.
4. In the event of a tie at tribal council, we will immediately go to drawing rocks. Anyone who is immune and anyone who the vote was tied between will not draw a rock. Everyone else will be vulnerable. In the event that there is a tie vote in a situation where nobody or only one player is eligible to draw a rock, we will not draw rocks and instead hold a tiebreaker challenge between the tied players and the loser will go home.
5. The final tribal council will consist of three players.

MY BELOVED PLAYERS

1. PrivateI
3. ORAM
4. coolcatjune
5. tris
6. Silverclaw
7. Ydrasse
8. GeorgeBailey
9. Hectic
10. Gypyx
11. Cheery Dog?
12. kdowns
13?
14?
15?

MY VERY BELOVED ALTERNATES

1. xofelf
2. Sirius9121
3. Malkon
4?

MY SLIGHTLY LESS BELOVED SPECTATORS

1. D3f3nd3r
2. Skelda
3. Drench
4?
Last edited by Aronis on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1, Silverclaw wrote:If the time changes to like, 7pm let me know. I just can't do 4.
I'll keep you posted, I could definitely move it back a couple hours if that's better for everyone
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Aronis »

I was able to alter my schedule so this game can have a later start time. It will now run at
4pm PT/7pm ET
assuming we get at least 12 players. I am sorry if this inconveniences anyone.

Also, I created a short wiki page today for the original SURVIVOR Marathon game ran in December, so feel free to check that out if you'd like.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Aronis »

Yes, the game will take place entirely through discord. I'll send out an invite to the server approximately 30 minutes-1 hour before the game starts
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Aronis »

The server link:
https://discord.gg/QTaGvEHw

joinnnn
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Aronis »

The game is underway, but it's not too late to join and spectate!
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Aronis »

Congrats to kdowns on winning and to GeorgeBailey and Silverclaw for making it to the end. Thank you all for playing and watching!!

I'll probably post a voting chart and maybe some other things later and if anyone has any feedback on how the game was ran, I'm always happy to have suggestions.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”