[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8370 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Runner »

Has/have there been game(s) where the players decided how much time they wanted for each day? So for instance, as soon as everyone's confirmed, everyone's first post has to pick between options: 2 days, 5 days, 9 days, 14 days, 20 days. Votes for each are counted up and the most popular one gets implemented, with Day starting immediately with the deadline. Repeat after each Night phase (fixed at 2 days). I don't know about the setup but maybe some delayed actions in real time ("1-shot 72-hour Delayed Vigilante") could make things interesting.

Or is this kinda silly?

(I got the idea looking at some recent discussions here about Blitz games and shortened days and whatnot.)
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8374 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Runner »

In post 8370, Runner wrote:Has/have there been game(s) where the players decided how much time they wanted for each day? So for instance, as soon as everyone's confirmed, everyone's first post has to pick between options: 2 days, 5 days, 9 days, 14 days, 20 days. Votes for each are counted up and the most popular one gets implemented, with Day starting immediately with the deadline. Repeat after each Night phase (fixed at 2 days). I don't know about the setup but maybe some delayed actions in real time ("1-shot 72-hour Delayed Vigilante") could make things interesting.

Or is this kinda silly?

(I got the idea looking at some recent discussions here about Blitz games and shortened days and whatnot.)

Okay, so what if we took a setup like MLOSR where there's a lot of night actions. Everyone's actions are delayed. However, there's no way for players to determine by how much everyone else's actions are delayed, apart from how they vote for day length. It could be 72 RL hours, or it could be 2 Day Phases. The mod randomizes how delayed everyone's actions are beforehand, maybe using a predetermined list which mixes RL time periods with day/night phases. Everyone receives their role and alignment, including the delay for their ability. Each day starts with a public vote on the length of the day, the night still being fixed.

Could it work/be fun?

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”