[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #8290 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Yimmy »

This is probably a ridiculous idea, but it's an idea and I'm gonna tell you guys
Assuming it's a day start everything goes like normal until night. When night comes, any non-killing PR will give said pr to whoever they use it on, after the action goes as normal. For the sake of natural action resolution, the PR is given to the other person after everything else, as that allows killing roles to eliminate PRs.
More or less the idea of this is that you can apply it to any setup (probably after some balancing), but for the sake of the example we'll say we're applying it to matrix6 setup with 2 (5 VT, 1 MG, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 cop. 1 doc). If the cop targets VT 1, cop receives an innocent result, and the next night VT 1 gets the ability for the next night. The original cop does NOT keep the ability for the next night. If the doc targets the Mafia goon, but the roleblocker targets the doc, since the doc does not perform the action, he keeps the ability to protect for the next night, but also gets the ability to roleblock the next night. Balance wise that might be townsided, but I don't know what to do about that.
In another case, say that the cop targets VT 1 and the mafia kill the cop. In that case, the cop PR is gone from the game.
If there's a role that somehow would make it so that the role is gone from the game no matter what (can't really think of any examples, but it might be possible), the role will always stay with the original owner. I don't really know what to do about roles like bus driver that target multiple people, such as bus driver. I would say either the bus driver chooses who gets the role, or the original bus driver keeps the role forever.
I'm pretty sure that's everything. I think it would allow for some very interesting games.
This would allow for a couple unique strategic things, such as mafia night killing their partner if a lot of PRs targeted one of the mafia.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #8293 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Yimmy »

On the subject of JOAT, I would say 1-shots act as normal.
That made me think about 2 pr more shots and how to handle those. I think I would probably make it have 2-shots, but still move around. Say a 2-shot cop targets a VT. The VT then targets a different VT, but the second VT doesn't get it because it was 2-shot.
Something that bothers me is that mafia have 2 choices to kill to get rid of the PR. Sither the guynthat has it or the guy that's targeted.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”