[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8110 (isolation #0) » Tue May 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

this is an adaption of a setup i made for epicmafia. it was quite fun in live chat play, and turned out to be well balanced (http://puu.sh/hL7VW/b34ae4307a.png) and im curious how it would pan out here. i added a mis-lynch because it seems like comparable setups that are balanced with 1 ML on epicmafia are considered balanced with 2 MLs here (which is probably due to having different lynch mechanics) an initially common misconception about the live chat version was that it was too town-sided or too scum sided. it can appear as both depending on how you perceive it. both town and mafia have some pretty powerful weapons at their disposal.

Hollywood Illusions

1 Mafia Actress
(role-cop that flips as the role of the last person they targeted)

1 Mafia Illusionist
(1-shot day-vig that can choose someone at night to disguise his next days shot as)

4 Vanilla Townies

1 Day-vig Giver
(chooses one person at night to give a 1-shot day-vig ability to)

1 Talent Scout
(Named VT)

1 Bleeder
(if anyone attempts to kill the bleeder, he suffers a prolonged death, and survives until the end of the day phase. this includes being day-vig'd or night-killed. if night-kiled, recieves a message from mod that he is bleeding)

game begins without a night-zero. all day-vig actions should be performed by the mod, at the request of the person performing it via PM. this is essential for game mechanics because of the illusionist factor. mod reveals who (allegedly) performed the day-vig and who they targeted. if the dayvig results in a death, the flip is made in the same post. if someone receives a day-vig ability from the day-vig giver, they will be alerted at the beginning of day via mod PM

the setup essentially has 2 ML's - a d1 lynch, and a d2 day-vig. after both have been used, town is essentially in a lylo situation as mafia has a day-vig to use.

if actress is lynched day 1, she will flip as actress. after that, the actress factor is a wild-card for town to consider.
if illusionist uses his day-vig day 1, he will be confirmed mafia... only the illusionist can have a day-vig day 1, and it is not disguised yet.

mafia have no day-talk, but mafia can arrange a code at night for the actress to communicate if she role-copped a PR or not. this will increase the odds of the illusionist using his day-vig effectively. if a VT is shot by the illusionist, the chances of a mafia win will plummet. if illusionist is unsure of an appropriate target, he can save his shot until town has shot and lynched incorrectly... he can also save his shot as a tool to hammer the vote by changing the amount of votes needed to lynch in the process of killing somone
Last edited by Soft-spoken on Wed May 27, 2015 3:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8117 (isolation #1) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 8111, BBmolla wrote:I enjoyed it when I played it at epicmafia.

Illusionist and Actress need to work their ass off to ensure the Actress isn't lynched day 1 though.
honestly, i don't believe that mafia being lynched day 1 will hurt scum in this setup any more than any other 9p with 2 ml's... and i wouldn't place value of the actress over the illusionist. if illusionist is being lynched, he is forced to shoot bleeder if he has claimed, and force the actress to PR hunt for the n1 kill. if bleeder hasn't claimed because town chose to take the gambit of giving day-vig to a random player, he has to PR hunt himself... fast. in any case, if mafia is lynched d1 in any 7v2 setup, it goes downhill pretty fast.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8168 (isolation #2) » Mon May 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

that setup indirectly gave me an idea though.

Supersaint Nightless

2 Mafia Super-saints

3 Town Super-saints

Mafia wins when a TvT hammer occurs. if this is too townsided (havn't theory crafted), expand to 4v3

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”