[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6655 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I was playing around with this set-up inspired by a game Hanasawa ran on Skype Mafia, and I would appreciate any feedback.

One and Done! 9p game, semi-open set-up

Two Mafia

Seven Town

Mafia get access to an arsenal of one-shot {kill, poison, treestump, arson, PGO} for killing purposes. Only one used per night, and it is consumed. If all are used, i.e. the game hits N6, the arsenal refills.

Kill is straightforward.

Poison is exactly one night delayed; target is not informed.

Treestump lets the person keep posting but no longer voting or using an unspent PR shot.

Arsonist is minimum one-night-day cycle delayed. Once primed, any surviving Mafia can ignite him at any time, day or night.

PGO is one-shot. Scum arming himself takes the place of a killing action that night and is used starting that night on the first person to target him for the rest of the game. The arming is not blockable.

Scum also select from two of the eleven one-shot PRs that either of them can use at any time (one per night): JK (protects against kill, arson), roleblocker, tracker, self-watcher, doctor (protects against kill, poison), neighborizer, commuter, silencer, hider, investigator (finds out which one-shot roles have been used at any one point in the game), detective (finds out which kill methods have been activated at any one point in the game). They then remove one role from the pool entirely.

The others are randomly distributed to town (so every player has one) with one left over and unused.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6661 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Which role(s) do you think would amount to scum claims? Roleblocker would be my thought, and I was originally thinking this could be offset by the part where scum choose one role that won't be in the game at all and so function as a safeclaim. I'm not sure which other ones would be dead giveaways.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6663 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Do you think it works better replacing the RB, investigator, and detective with VTs? My original plan was for it to be a set-up where everyone would have something to do at night, but if that's not possible to make equitable, better a useable set-up. Alternatively, what about replacing the giveaway roles with less swingy roles?

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”