[REVIEW] Open Setup Reviews

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #513 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Antihero »

I think the mechanic would be good for people who are killed off early just because of their reputation because, as pecanpie said, scum have to take role into consideration when making the kill.

I especially like the combination of scum power roles. It forces scum to really think about who should do the kill (that is, given that PRs can't do the kill AND their PR at the same time; is this correct, pecanpie?)

I think the town strategy would really come in with the "vengeful" PRs; otherwise, yeah, Hoopla's right that town strategy doesn't really change from a normal game. Personally, that doesn't bother me, and I would sign up for this game if the setup were run.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #520 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 517, LlamaFluff wrote:I agree heavily with Hoopla here.

It looks more or less fair, but it also looks like there is going to be a lot of luck involved. Even if you are going to say scum have the role cop, just getting the "wrong" mislynch D1 could really hurt scum. Its one of those that I just think you are going to have games swing hard each way.

Maybe game one scum manage to get lucky and NK all the vendors. Then game two scum get unlucky and hit all of the PRs. Its an interesting idea but I see this as a game that is going to be frustratingly swingy to play because unlike situations where you can argue scum didn't read PRs right so lost, in this one there is nothing to read - just a matter of who you kill.
It may be somewhat luck based, but scum do have good counters with the roleblocker, the godfather, AND the public knowledge that there's a godfather.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”