[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2378 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:34 am

Post by chkflip »

IDK_NAMEHERE

MAFIA

1 Don w/ BPVx1
1 Roleblocking Busdriver
1 Ninja Hitman

TOWN

1 PBO/PGO
1 Bodyguard/Protector
1 Voyeur/Tracker/Watcher
2 Fisherman
3 Vanilla

OTHER

1 Serial Killer
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2380 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 am

Post by chkflip »

Paranoid Bat Owner - As opposed to the gun owner, this one simply silences you for a full phase.

Fisherman - They have X% chance of "fishing" for items they'll use the next night.
MafiaWiki wrote:The following items are fishable. The number of the percent chance you have of catching each item.

10% Syringes (Doctor)
15% Magnifying Glasses (Cop)
20% Guns (Vigilante)
20% Bulletproof Vests (persistent [does not get used up], prevents one shot, is only used on you)
25% GPS Locators (Tracker)
25% Binoculars (Watcher)
The %'s =/= 100 because those are the chances of successfully "fishing" the items.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2382 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:13 am

Post by chkflip »

But then the town power roles would die night one after the mafia and SK claim vanilla? And what if an ACTUAL vanilla is believed to be mafia and lynched?

Mass claim fail.

Any game has the probability of mass claim, I'd assume; however, what do you propose would make this set-up less likely for that? Fewer town PRs? (I'm not trying to have a go at you or rouse you up, Emp, I'd honestly like your opinion.)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2385 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:30 am

Post by chkflip »

How does stripping the mafia make mass claim any less effective?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2387 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 am

Post by chkflip »

Flipper's Power Role Mafia

Under Construction
Last edited by chkflip on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2390 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by chkflip »

Magua wrote:
Donner Party Mafia, take 2

Based off Adel's Donner Party Mafia

12 players
2 Cannibal Mafia Goons

- Daytalk
- Each Cannibal Goon has their own larder of bodies
- Whichever Cannibal Goon submits the kill gets the body

1 Cannibal Serial Killer

- 1-shot NK immunity (even if double shot that night)
- 1-shot Roleblocker immunity
- The Cannibal Serial Killer is not notified when either 1-shot immunity is activated

1 Cannibal Vigilante

1 Dietician (Gunsmith)

- Returns a result of "Cannibal" on the Cannibal Mafia Goons, the Cannibal Serial Killer, the Cannibal Vigilante
- Returns a result of "Not Cannibal" on the VTs, the Roleblocker
- Returns a result of "No Result" if roleblocked
1 Roleblocker

6 Vanilla Townies

Mechanics
- No Lynch is not allowed.
- Cannibal: If a Cannibal night kills someone, they take the body and put it in their larder, resulting in no reveal to the town for that kill (the Cannibal who performed the kill learns the role/alignment, but no one else does). If a Cannibal night kills another cannibal, they take all of the bodies their target had as well (they learn those role/alignments as well).
- If more than one Cannibal nightkills the same target, they both learn the information, but not that the target was killed multiple times.
- If two Cannibals nightkill eachother, and are not in turn nightkilled by a third Cannibal, they and all their bodies are revealed.
- Lynch always results in public role/alignment reveal of the lynchee. If the lynchee was a Cannibal, the role/alignment of any bodies they had is also revealed publicly.

Notes
- Mafia is weaker than in a normal 1/3/9 setup; on the other hand, the Cannibal mechanic should give mafia more leeway in safeclaims, does not give town associative information immediately if a mafia is nightkilled, and the gunsmith is equally likely to get a guilty on a non-mafia as on a mafia. Still, they can lose before D2 if they're very unlucky.
- Roleblocker's purpose, setupwise, is so "I tried to kill that guy, and he didn't die" does not automatically mean the target must be the Serial Killer.

Thoughts?
Nominate
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2395 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by chkflip »

CHK Mafia

MAFIA

1 Don
1 Busdriver
2 Goons

TOWN

1 Quack Doctor (20% chance Insane, Paranoid, Naive, Weak, CPR)
1-Shot Watcher, Tracker, & Voyeur (learns what was done to target, but not who did it)
2 Fisherman
4 Vanilla

OTHER

1 Serial Killer
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2412 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:07 am

Post by chkflip »

CHK Mafia II

MAFIA

1 Framer
2 Goons

TOWN

1 Jailkeeper
1 Cop
5 Vanilla

OTHER

1 Serial Killer
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2423 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:29 am

Post by chkflip »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Clean Up 11P
0-1 Cops
0-2 Doctors
0 or 2 Masons
0-1 Watchers
0-1 Trackers
0-1 Vigs
2-9 Townies

0-1 SKs

1 Janitor
1 BP Goon
Nominate
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2537 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by chkflip »

Clean Up, Aisle Three...

1 Janitor
1 Goon

2 Werewolves

1 Doctor
1 Jailkeeper
6 Townies
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2610 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by chkflip »

Mayhem, Murder, Mafia

MAFIA

2 Goon

OTHERS

1 Odd-Night Serial Kiler

TOWN

1 Random Doctor
1 Back-up Doctor (not told)
1 Doublevote (also not told, and held secret until lynch)
7 Vanillas

The SK is not forced to use his NK on odd-nights, that's just the only time it's available to them. Making the mafia even-night NK doesn't feel like it'd even anything out, nor do I think 2 NK's on odd-nights is that detrimental to town. Let's assume town sucks and only lynches town AND mafia/SK pwn and only kill town.

10:2:1 D1
8:2:1 D2
5:2:1 D3
3:2:1 D4 LYLO

Possibility for upwards of four mislynches sounds about right, doesn't it?

Also, to clarify, lynch would be achieved a vote early (to protect the doublevoter)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2644 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

CHK MAFIA

TOWN

1x Cop
1x Hated Miller (req's 1 less vote to lynch)
7x Vanilla

MAFIA

1x Godfather w/ inv-immunity
1x Goon

SCUM2

2x Werewolf
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2646 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by chkflip »

Fake-claim and to throw the people's "Cop's always right, follow him" mentality.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2650 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

They do? I'd assume mafia does since the cop can't get a negative result from the don, on top of the hated miller.

Wait... are cops not supposed to get negative results on werewolves? I assumed scum is scum. Obviously I haven't been playing enough or something. >.>
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2651 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by chkflip »

Herodotus wrote:It shouldn't work out that way. When they claim, they're confirmed town unless one of the scum decides to counterclaim and get lynched the next day.
Interesting power difference between the scumteams there.
Somehow totally looked over this post, sorry. I know that they're confirmed town, and I don't think that'd be the issue, I just want there to be an air of uncertainty with it; in my opinion, it calls for people to delve deeper into discussion instead of speedlynching when the cop gets a result. No, you're not
supposed
to speedlynch when a cop "claims and outs scum" because it could be a scum gambit, but I've seen people sheep to cops and get lazy in games because the cop's been getting lucky, etc.

You're the first of two people to say something about the difference in powers... what am I not seeing? lol
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2656 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 am

Post by chkflip »

That was kind of the plan, andrew.

Oh... maybe I should've said that. o.o
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2657 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 am

Post by chkflip »

CHK MAFIA
Edit 1

TOWN

1x Cop
1x Vengeful Lover (If miller is lynched/NK'd, Townie is given one day/nightkill then suicides in the same phase)
8x Vanilla

MAFIA

1x Godfather w/ inv-immunity
1x Goon

SCUM2

1x Werewolf w/ 1-time BPV
1x Werewolf

DETAILS

- Miller and Vengeful Lover are sent Vanilla Townie Role PM's
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2666 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 am

Post by chkflip »

Lovers, Wolves, Mafiosos and a Meanie

TOWN

1x Cop (gets "guilty" on mafia and wolves and "innocent" on town)
2x Vengeful Lovers (If one lover is lynched/NK'd, Townie is given one day/nightkill then suicides in the same phase)
8x Vanilla

MAFIA

1x Godfather (1 shot bulletproof)
1x Goon

SCUM2

1x Alpha Werewolf (1-shot bulletproof)
1x Werewolf

- I thought about it, and I like hiding tidbits or roles, but lew has a point; OPEN. All roles revealed.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2668 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:27 am

Post by chkflip »

Because that's redundant. You're telling me a police officer couldn't tell what a werewolf looks like?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2670 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 am

Post by chkflip »

TOWN

1x Cop (gets "guilty" on mafia/miller and "innocent" on town and werewolves)
1x Seer (gets "werewolf" or "not werewolf")
4x Vengeful Lovers [two pair] (If one lover is lynched/NK'd, Townie is given one day/nightkill then suicides in the same phase)
9x Vanilla

MAFIA

1x Godfather (1-shot bulletproof)
1x Goon

SCUM2

1x Alpha Werewolf (1-shot bulletproof)
1x Werewolf
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2673 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 am

Post by chkflip »

I made him bulletproof instead of investigative immune. I'm thinking take lovers back down to one set and make them vanilla.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2675 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:56 am

Post by chkflip »

I love pretentious people.

TOWN

1x Psychic [cop/seer] (gets "scum" or "not scum")
1x Doctor
1x Hated Miller
2x Vengeful Lovers (If one lover is lynched/NK'd, Townie is given one day/nightkill then suicides in the same phase)
11x Vanilla

MAFIA

1x Godfather
1x Goon (1-shot bulletproof)

SCUM2

1x Alpha Werewolf
1x Werewolf (1-shot bulletproof)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2678 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:22 am

Post by chkflip »

Ah, Detective. Didn't know that.

Sorry about that snide remark at the top there, lew. I figured making it one investigative role would hack the "cop can only find one scum" problem, giving them the chance to find two instead of one. You're right about the flavor thing, though, I hadn't really considered that. I suppose we can make them Mafia A and B if it's all the same.

Lovers, Friends, Mafiosos and a Meanie

TOWN

1x Detective (gets "scum" or "not scum")
1x Doctor
1x Hated Miller
11x Vanilla

MAFIAA

1x Godfather

MAFIAB

1x Godfather
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2692 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:44 am

Post by chkflip »

I hope me posting (sometimes often) corrections doesn't irritate anyone or deter others from posting. I just want to be able to get this right so I can mod it myself in my first modded game evuh (which isn't reccomended, I know, but I like to learn "the hard way") in t-minus 16 mods. >_<

A Cult-Classic Crime of Passion

TOWN

1x Cop
1x Jailkeeper
4x Vengeful Lovers [two pair] (When Lover is lynched/NK'd, Lover2 is given NK before suicide next day)
10x Vanilla

MAFIAA

1x Framer
1x Bus Driver
1x Goon (Possible Back-Up Framer or Driver?)

CULT

1x Cult Leader
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2698 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by chkflip »

Yes, it's open.

No, recruiting dies with the CL. They basically become a PR-less mafia at that point.

Depends on the mod; I think it should kill him.

Yes, the busdriver effects the recruiter.

The point of the BD is to throw PRs. They'll have to be more cautious with "results." It could also effect Lover's NK.

If a lover gets culted, they become a Vanilla Cultist. The other lover will still Vig if the Culted Lover dies.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2782 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 am

Post by chkflip »

Craaap, only twelve-ish mods left (nine if you don't count the one that can't go
today
), someone said they liked one of the versions... meh, I have no faith in myself, I'll just run one of the been-done-so-many-times-its-redundant ones I guess.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2784 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 am

Post by chkflip »

Hoopla wrote:
Lights Mafia

6x
Lights-On Townies

1x
Lights-On/
Off Goon
1x Lights-Off Goon

~~

- Day Start
- Each Townie has a light they can turn off any time during the day. Once they turn it off, it stays off.
- The Lights-Off Goon can only kill Townies who's lights are Off.
- The Lights-On/Off Goon can choose to make a Lights On or Off kill. Whichever she picks, her kill has to match the townie's light.
- Townies can't turn their lights off during twilight or night.
NOMNOMNOM... inate.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2797 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

I've been FRAMED... Mafia

1x Mafia Framer
1x Mafia Back-up Framer

1x Cop
7x Vanilla
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2799 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

I just figured it would be wise to be specific as it would defeat the purpose of the name when the Framer is lynched.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2858 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

Sounds like a fun game to me.

Nominate: Jester Nightless

I'd drop the mafia knowing who the jester was, too, but I'd play either way.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2860 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by chkflip »

Fair point, but wouldn't people think that person is the jester? Why would scum, in their right mind, ever say, "No! He's jester! I know cause I'm scum!" >.< That hands town the victory (if they're actually mafia and not the jester).
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2926 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

Is it okay if I run a game by you guys that I want to play IRL? 25 player game.

Mafia
1x Godfather
1x Rocleblock Busdriver [Not only switches targets, but roleblocks the two being busdriven]
1x Ninja Hitman [Untraceable Nightkills]
1x Nexus Flavor Cop

Other Scum
1x Cult Leader [If he dies, first culted can recruit]
1x Serial Killer

Town Masons
1x Psychiatrist
1x 3-shot Lie Detector
1x Roleblocker
1x Flavor Cop

Town
1x PBO
1x PGO
1x Tracker
1x Watcher
1x Jack of all Trades (1-shot vanillaizer, Tree Stump, 3-shot Fisherman)
1x Bomb
1x Friendly Neighbor
1x Doublevoter
1x Rough Cop [20% chance ability will silence, immobilize,
or
roleblock; 40% chance to do nothing at all]
1x Role Cop
1x Bodyguard
1x Ability Upgrader [If chosen as a target for a night ability, they will upgrade the ability e.g. the Watcher could successfully watch the Ninja/Nexus scum PRs]
3x Vanilla
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2944 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:02 am

Post by chkflip »

@a94 - anyone who isn't mafia or the serial killer.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2958 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by chkflip »

Empking wrote:
Amrun wrote:chkflip, pretty sure your set-up is too swingy for a lot of people on this site to like it. Personally, I don't mind that, but it annoys most people here.
Plus Mass Claim
It's an in-person game I'm trying to host, actually. I just wanted sitewide opinions on it. It could be used in a closed setup sometime in the future, though. :o
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2967 (isolation #34) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 am

Post by chkflip »

Nominate
13p version of Faith Plus One!

I'll even run this game if you're okay with it DY.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2971 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:00 am

Post by chkflip »

I think the Mafia Bomber and the Mafia Role Cop should be seperate roles; instead having 1 goon, 1 bomb, and 1 flavor cop.

Thanks Darth, I'll talk to the thread mod about how I go about getting that done. We just have to N'th it here right?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2991 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

I think it'd work better with three goons and seven vanillas with the cop and roleblocker. Just my take.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2993 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by chkflip »

Thanks andrew!

Anyone else agree with him about this game?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2996 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:35 am

Post by chkflip »

Yeah, it will be, as a closed setup. I think it'd work here as a closed setup as well.

PBO is Paranoid Bat Owner; if you target him, you're silenced the next day phase.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2998 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by chkflip »

That's the thing, though. Two scum can't be investigated, one is assimilating others (cult), and one is killing (making for 2 NKs per night, not including PGO instances).

I can take the Rough Cop out entirely, I guess. Just trying to create something new. >.<

What's the problem with cults? Cut off the head and the body dies eventually.

The only thing wrong I see with PBO/PGO is people who should've chosen better night targets. Luck of the draw.

I figure four is also good considering the SK and the cult's existence, but I could see jumping to maybe six?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3079 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:27 am

Post by chkflip »

DarthYoshi's 13p Faith Plus One!

3x Mafia Goons

2x Town-aligned Faith Healers

1x Town-aligned Sane Cop

7x Vanilla Townies

Special Mechanic: If both Faith Healers protect the same person in one night, the protection is guaranteed to not work. Y'know, competing religions and whatnot.

Day start.

Just want to repost this because my open is super soon and I want to run this setup. I nominated it but it still needs seconds and so on. So you should so that. xD
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3129 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

chkflip wrote:
DarthYoshi's 13p Faith Plus One!

3x Mafia Goons

2x Town-aligned Faith Healers

1x Town-aligned Sane Cop

7x Vanilla Townies

Special Mechanic: If both Faith Healers protect the same person in one night, the protection is guaranteed to not work. Y'know, competing religions and whatnot.

Day start.

Just want to repost this because my open is super soon and I want to run this setup. I nominated it but it still needs seconds and so on. So you should so that. xD
zOMG one more vote and I (think I) can use this setup for my open... and I'm FIFTH to next! XDXD NTH IT. PLZ. KTHXBAI

lol
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3262 (isolation #42) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

I think it'd be more entertaining to make it a chance for mafia/town or mafia/SK or SK/town picky lover groups.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3265 (isolation #43) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by chkflip »

I don't think it'd be a group effort.

A: "I'm going to kill you, cool?"
B: "Screw that, you should die."
A: "NUH UH!"
B: "YEAH HUH!"

And so on.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3268 (isolation #44) » Tue May 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by chkflip »

And if they both decide to off the other? That's potentially seven deaths in a single night.

Go town.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3277 (isolation #45) » Fri May 13, 2011 8:22 am

Post by chkflip »

Mafia would clearly know who the SK was and proceed to lynch them the next day (if they could). Then again, that could make it obvious that they're mafia? I dunnoooo, but I dig.

Nominate
: MotG v2.0
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3289 (isolation #46) » Sun May 15, 2011 1:33 am

Post by chkflip »

Switch jester with a cult recruiter/leader and I'm sold.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3294 (isolation #47) » Sun May 15, 2011 8:41 am

Post by chkflip »

That's a very interesting concept, are these riggers a new role? They can rig the watchers, right?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3296 (isolation #48) » Sun May 15, 2011 9:13 am

Post by chkflip »

So it's obviously not nightless entirely, there's just no night kill?

I think three trackers is a little overkill. Switch one out for a watcher or voyeur maybe?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3301 (isolation #49) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by chkflip »

1x Godfather
1x Framer
1x Janitor

2x Town Lover Masons
1x Hated Townie
1x Miller
1x Cop
1x White Mage
8x Vanilla
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3303 (isolation #50) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by chkflip »

Doc who's protection works over two nights instead of just one.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3307 (isolation #51) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by chkflip »

Darth Yoshi created Faith + 1 here. We nominated -> nth'ed here. It's now being used by myself and DY in our Open games.

I'm sure a lot of this thread does just
exist
, though.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3312 (isolation #52) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:47 am

Post by chkflip »

Quilford wrote:
Amrun wrote:
Quilford wrote:Scales of Justice:

5x vanilla townies
2x (33% chance of mafia roleblocker, mafia godfather [receives a goon role PM], mafia goon [no duplicates])

-- if mafia roleblocker + mafia goon --
1x doctor
1x (50% chance of cop or watcher)

-- if mafia godfather + mafia roleblocker --
1x watcher
1x (50% chance of doc or cop)

-- if mafia godfather + mafia goon --
1x cop
1x (50% chance of doc or watcher)

I generated a few games with this setup with the results in spoilers.
Spoiler: Results
FOR SETUP GENERATION:
1 - goon
2 - gf
3 - rb
4 - cop
5 - doc
6 - watcher
7-11 - vt

1. --goon--
2. --gf--
3. cop
4. watcher
5-9. vt5, --vt6--, vt7, vt8, vt9

d1
lynch gf

n1
goon kills vt6
cop investigates goon
watcher watches cop

d2
lynch goon - GAME (TOWN)

1. goon
2. --gf--
3. --cop--
4. --doc--
5-9. --vt5--, --vt6--, --vt7--, vt8, --vt9--

d1
lynch vt6

n1
goon kills vt5
cop investigates vt5
doc protects goon

d2
lynch gf

n2
goon kills doc
cop investigates doc
doc protects goon

d3
lynch vt7

n3
goon kills cop
cop investigates goon

d4
lynch vt9 - GAME (MAFIA)

1. goon
2. rb
3. doc
4. cop
5-9. --vt5--, --vt6--, --vt7--, --vt8--, --vt9--

d1
lynch vt9

n1
rb kills vt6
rb blocks doc
doc protects vt8
cop investigates vt8

d2
lynch vt7

n2
rb kills vt8
rb blocks doc
doc protects vt5
cop investigates vt5

d3
lynch vt5 (cop is ccd) - GAME (MAFIA)

1. rb
2. gf
3. --watcher--
4. doctor
5-9. --vt5--, --vt6--, --vt7--, --vt8--, vt9

d1
lynch watcher

n1
gf kills vt7
rb blocks vt6
doc protects vt8

d2
lynch vt6

n2
gf kills vt5
rb blocks doc
doc protects rb

d3
lynch vt8 (GAME - MAFIA)

1. gf
2. --rb--
3. --watcher--
4. --doc--
5-9. --vt5--, --vt6--, --vt7--, vt8, vt9

d1
lynch vt6

n1
gf kills vt7
rb blocks vt8
watcher watches vt8
doc protects vt5

d2
watcher outs
doctor outs
gf claims doctor
rb claims watcher
lynch doctor

n2
gf kills watcher
rb blocks nobody
watcher watches himself

d3
lynch rb

n3
gf kills vt5

d4
lynch gf (GAME - TOWN)

1. --goon--
2. gf
3. --cop--
4. --doc--
5-9. - --vt5--, --vt6--, vt7, vt8, --vt9--

d1
lynch vt9

n1
goon kills cop
cop investigates gf
doc protects gf

d2
lynch goon

n2
gf kills vt7
doc protects vt7

d3
should doc out (if him or vt7 not being lynched)? (y/n) n
lynch vt7 (doc outs with saved, lynch cancelled)
lynch vt5

n3
gf kills doc
doc protects vt7

d4
lynch vt6 (GAME - MAFIA)

Thoughts and nominations kthx

Looks interesing.
Nominate.

Thanks! More opinions?

Seconded.

Flay's right about the approval, the list mod looks it over as well.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3409 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 am

Post by chkflip »

ConSpiracy wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
3 of 5

Same of 2 of 4 but the Role Cop is an option.

And.... If this is just a replacement of 2 of 4 this is not enough. Game would be extremely town sided.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4004 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4000, tclawren wrote:So basically I
nominate
this.

In post 3992, Empking wrote:
Less Pressure

Nightless

3 Mafia - White flag - First one dead gets to kill a player.

2 Innocents Childs
3 VTs

I'll even be willing to run this when my turn comes up in the open queue.

Second
this, but know that you'll need to get it n'thd as well as run by the mod. For some reason they're changing the rules. Blaming it on "unbalanced setups" being used. Which basically means they didn't like Faith + 1. lawl
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4472 (isolation #55) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

Is the general consensus on this site, regarding cults, is that they're a no-no? I'd really like to run a large theme with a cult and two other types of scum.

Discuss.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4476 (isolation #56) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

Oh, alright. Thanks Oversoul.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4479 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

My "variation" would actually be the original style of cult where, if culted, you lose your ability regardless of scum/town alignment.

Might incorporate a "High Priest" role that can convert culties back to town/scum, but that's still in the works.

Ninj-edit: LOL Faraday.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4482 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by chkflip »

LOL duh. Thanks Staeg, I didn't really think about it until you pointed it out. Back-and-forth would be awful on all accounts.

Why do you think they're so bad, Faraday? What could improve them?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4484 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by chkflip »

I think it adds an interesting dynamic to playing a mafia game. You've got your town reads and your scum reads and, with a cult, you've constantly got to judge whether your reads are good and whether people (mainly the cult recruiter) are going off said reads to find culties, etc.

Might scrap the idea, it'd be for a large game as I said anyway. Roughly thirty-ish roles. Depends.

Thanks for your input.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #5537 (isolation #60) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

input pl0x - might run them as opens soon and want to know if they're "fair and balanced" as you may say.
MICRO 102

1x Cult Leader
1x Serial Killer
1x Town Alarmist
1x Town Cop
1x Town JOAT (Nurse/Deputy, 1-shot tracker, 1-shot fisherman)
4x Town Vanilla

MICRO 123

1x Cult Leader
1x Wolf goon
1x Town Poisoner
1x Town 3-shot Day Lie Detector
1x Town Alarmist
1x Town Ruffian
1x Town Friendly Neighbor
2x Town Vanilla

Spoiler: ruffian role
ruffian role pm wrote:
ROLE:
Town Ruffian
- You must choose one player to do a possibility of things to. Simply reply in this thread with ROUGH: PLAYERNAME to do whatever it is you'll do to said player.
There is a 20% chance you will silence them from a (real-time) week.
There is a 20% chance you will immobilize them, stopping them from going out.
There is a 20% chance you will roleblock your target, stopping them from doing anything.
There is a 40% chance you will do absolutely nothing.

You will be told what you did when the sun rises.

WIN:
You win when there are no more threats to town.
EXTRA:
You may not communicate with players outside of the game thread.

Please reply with "/confirm rolename" to help open the game thread.

Just curious... are these "fair" setups?
Last edited by chkflip on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #5595 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 am

Post by chkflip »

input pl0x - might run them as opens soon (specifically micro 102) and want to know if they're "fair and balanced" as you may say.
In post 5537, chkflip wrote:
MICRO 102

1x Cult Leader
1x Serial Killer
1x Town Alarmist
1x Town Cop
1x Town JOAT (Nurse/Deputy, 1-shot tracker, 1-shot fisherman)
4x Town Vanilla

MICRO 123

1x Cult Leader
1x Wolf goon
1x Town Poisoner
1x Town 3-shot Day Lie Detector
1x Town Alarmist
1x Town Ruffian
1x Town Friendly Neighbor
2x Town Vanilla

Spoiler: ruffian role
ruffian role pm wrote:
ROLE:
Town Ruffian
- You must choose one player to do a possibility of things to. Simply reply in this thread with ROUGH: PLAYERNAME to do whatever it is you'll do to said player.
There is a 20% chance you will silence them from a (real-time) week.
There is a 20% chance you will immobilize them, stopping them from going out.
There is a 20% chance you will roleblock your target, stopping them from doing anything.
There is a 40% chance you will do absolutely nothing.

You will be told what you did when the sun rises.

WIN:
You win when there are no more threats to town.
EXTRA:
You may not communicate with players outside of the game thread.

Please reply with "/confirm rolename" to help open the game thread.

Just curious... are these "fair" setups?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #5612 (isolation #62) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 5606, Leafsnail wrote:So I guess you could call it a...

:cool:

...cop block.

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #5750 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 am

Post by chkflip »

CHKFUCKED

Mafia Odd-Night Janitor
Mafia Even-Night Janitor

Town Jailkeeper
Town Mason/Lover I
Town Mason/Lover II
Town Vanilla x7

Jailkeeper can stop Janitor flip blocks and stall a lover suicide by one night.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #5806 (isolation #64) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

Stack the Deck.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #5813 (isolation #65) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 5811, quadz08 wrote:Stack the desk =/= stack the deck
S is right above C on the qwerty keyboard. The more you know.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #5825 (isolation #66) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 am

Post by chkflip »

woo woo I named a game I'm speshul.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6115 (isolation #67) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:31 am

Post by chkflip »

2 confirmed town / 1 confirmed town who shot scum is kind of chicken shit, IMO.

PEDIT: I like "Do You Feel Lucky?" for a name.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6117 (isolation #68) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 am

Post by chkflip »

What I mean is it gives town a 60% chance to lynch scum with two conf-towns.

I take back the second half since it'd only be a 40% lynch chance if the conf-town actually shot scum.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6120 (isolation #69) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:51 am

Post by chkflip »

Well, you're taking two town out of the lynch pool making it 3:2 to lynch from.

Killing the townie would end the game, so that's not really a viable option either.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6159 (isolation #70) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:25 am

Post by chkflip »

Who else but saulres?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6161 (isolation #71) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 am

Post by chkflip »

Fuck that, send them randomly at random intervals.

DONE.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6355 (isolation #72) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

??? Mafia
Mafia Roleblocking Bus Driver
(blocks both targets)
Mafia Janitor

Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot bulletproof 1-shot lie detector
Town Vanilla x8

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”