[SETUP] bulk discount mafia

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

generally, when it comes to nightless games town tends to massively outperform EV, to the point where i believe even when it's run 8:4 (which i believe has 33% EV), town has still won a huge majority of the time. delayed flips definitely hurt town, but i don't think it's to the point where it would make that much of an impact. honestly, i think that you could have it be 8:4 (like "standard" nightless) and it might be balanced – not having a mafia nightkill is
that much
of a big deal!

of course, going with 8:4 would get rid of the nice factor that even if town goes 0 for 4 on their first elims they still get a chance to recover, so if you wanted to keep that you could also tweak the flip schedule. another interesting thing to note is that because people retain their votes even when elimmed, any mafia who were voted out but not yet flipped are incentivized to quickhammer a townie on the last day before the flip occurs, which turns every pre-flip day into its own sort of mini-lylo, at least when it comes to voting rules.

i'd play it! i've always had a soft spot for nightless
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:27 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3, Skygazer wrote: 9:4 nightless comes out to around 38% for town so the mechanic does seem to be more townsided than pure nightless, funnily enough.
unexpected! i guess EV wise it's because there are more townies sticking around longer?

In post 5, Skygazer wrote: 8:4 with the original schedule comes out to ~38.6%
In post 6, Skygazer wrote: 6:3 with 3/3/1 comes out to 36.8%
these both sound pretty playable to me!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”