[SETUP] Nightless Vengance

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Jingle »

Probably best for the lovers to out D1. If they get ccd then the setup becomes 4v1 w/ vengeful. If they don’t you have two ICs that don’t die before the first mafia elim and get a venge shot on the way out.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Jingle »

I was assuming that was still the case. Still, scum doesn’t necessarily lose if they cc, they just have a ridiculously hard game to play. It’s probably somewhere around 70 town EV without actually doing the math. (The blanks make the math a little complicated)
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Jingle »

Doesn't really affect the strategy being viable/nonviable, but it does make it less reliable for town to assume venges. Still though, the net change there is an increase in swing, not really a balance change.

As it is, I think the setup would be fine for a blitz, marathon, or F2F setting (given same alignment lovers, split alignment lovers seems incredibly unfun for the mafia lovers). I also think the practical balance will probably be less than the theoretical balance. But it does kind of boil down to a kind of white flag situation and I'm not sure how interesting that would be for most people.

If it does end up being too town sided you could implement a mafia chooses lover pairs mechanic and just lean into the lovers outing on D1.

It's worth noting that if town lovers don't out on D1 and survive the scum lovers dying it becomes autowin for town.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Jingle »

Also, RAW it's possibly for an everyone wins scenario if you get to Town Lover x2 and Mafia Venge endgame. Town would have to actively decide to go for it so it's moot, but everyone dying simultaneously does lead to a unanimous win.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”