Murmurings in the Fortress

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 0, implosion wrote:Here, the condition is that every location must have exactly 0 or 2 mafia. If this condition is impossible to meet with a single swap, the town automatically win (I believe this will only be impossible in the case where there are 6 mafia and the 3 town pick the same location).
This won't happen anyway, since a game with majority mafia can easily prevent the three town from ending up in the same location

I love this setup. It doesn't matter that I as town end up with two townies, it only matters that I end up with two people whose alignment I feel confident about. Meanwhile as mafia I would enjoy working with my partner to trick one other player.

9 townies losing sounds hilarious.

I suppose the 2 goons in 2v7 have their work cut out for them in that they need to cast a wide net of suspicion to get at least two townies who aren't in a room with them to feel paranoid. A strong town can't be prevented from winning by trying to pretend it's 9 townies (unlike 4v5, where mafia can win this way) - so this sounds like the trickiest mafia setup to rand. But maybe it's easy enough to get people to feel paranoid in a game like this

I can't tell if it's definitely mafia but if I had time to play games rn I would want to try this one.
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”