Featured Setups list

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sat May 01, 2021 6:25 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 17, Gypyx wrote:why would popcorn mafia necessarily be longer?
I think the argument is that in a game where only one player actually has a vote to a certain extent, the motivation of everyone else, especially if they are not in any danger, dies off quite a bit. Its even more true if its a longer deadline. That type of a game probably is better served by a shorter deadline as it actually will force everyone to be active. If that one has a 10 day deadline people will just put it lower on their priority list, especially as if you are town and get targeted you dont die and suddenly have power.

Its not a bad setup and can be very interesting, but it does threaten to exacerbate certain aspects of games that are not as desirable. I think things like Nightless Vengeful Mayhem (is that still popular? People loved that around 2015) are similar but better.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Wed May 05, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 23, Isis wrote:It is intentional that it is mostly micros. I think there is underserved demand for open micros.

I'm interested in adding a 13er or two though
Going to date myself with how long its been around... but this had some potential as a micro
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”