[SETUP] Undertale Semi-Open

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #93 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Kerset »

So there are cool mechanics in case you spare player but nothing in case of killing. You can't just make three routes where one is super boring compared to the others, that is ilusion of choice.
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 94, popsofctown wrote:Do you have suggestions for making genocide more interesting? It is a problem, no run of the setup has ever seen the town choose genocide, even when s_s had it using a fancy vote based public cop mechanic
not really
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Kerset »

Hour of need sounds fun. Its quite interesting how dangerous, it is to spare scum. As player, I would personally favor option 1, because of psychological pressure. Option 0 is powerful, because of two TI but players like to use unique mechanics so it won't picked anyway. It should be clarified whenever invented abilities are announced after flip. Option 2 is odd, i am not sure how seizing works. Should players enforce daily vote check to see whenever anyone is seized? Full spare seems to give the best blind winrate for town.
It would be interesting to see this game without players being flipped. There are some event, which depend on dead ppl alignment, so maybe scum could make good plays in such environment.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 120, popsofctown wrote:If mafia wasn't spared, the set-aside player joins the scum PT after this kill and bolds a post day 5 in the scum PT to permanently grant any townie bulletproof.
why does it work in such strange way?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Kerset »

If you got no spared players then 2 ppl are investigated but one of them is instantly nighkilled anyway. If you got 1 spared player then he returns as IC and there is no nightkill.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”