Dance of the Title Fairy: Pale Moonlight Edition

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1542, zoraster wrote:It has a "these are two scummies that were given and then removed years and years ago even though everyone else gets their scummies for only one year" vibe to me.

You get the scummy box for a year, but the fact that you won a scummy is part of site history forever.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

They're just titles.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1564, zoraster wrote:
In post 1560, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 1547, zoraster wrote:
In post 1544, Oversoul wrote:Pretty sure Vi was the only person to simultaneously win both those Scummies. That alone is title worthy in my opinion.
If someone won Paragon AND Don Corleone in the same year that would also be title worthy, regardless of whether those scummies existed in future years.

It'd be one thing if it were Paragon Don Corleone, right? The two top individual awards. But winning two awards that others haven't shouldn't qualify one for permanent hall of fame status.

What permanent hall of fame are you talking about. A title is just something under the name of someone.

Is CoolDog forever in the hall of fame because he has the title "wanker"? People approved Vi's title long ago, that means people were ok with Vi having this title.

1. wanker isn't a scummy. Putting Professor Paragon as a title that lasts forever immortalizes the scummy win in a way that others do not have.
2. People were okay, it became a title. It's still a really bad title that I disagree with.

Well I think that past scummy wins could be placed in a player's profile somewhere so that they are acknowledged in some way. Doesn't have to be prominent, but you know...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

They could. I'd have my two there if I had ever cared to immortalize them.

My post was mainly a counterpoint to the objection of 'immortalizing' one particular scummy winner though. A kind of everyone can have it rather than the annoyance at anyone having it.

Return to “Player Titles”