Title Fairy: Abuse of Mooglepower!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1798 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Nominate AlmasterGM for: NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED

Because Almaster's known for the DEFCON series and the StarCraft reference is too good to pass up. (Now if only we could get the Protoss announcer from SC1 to play whenever you read an Almaster post...)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1840 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

yabbaguy wrote:Realizing he didn't start it, can the partying meme from the latest DEFCON be incorporated in the title somehow?

Nah - I figure that title should go to one of the players who actually started it (probably Gammagooey). I'm just waiting to nom someone for it until DEFCON 3 is done.

EDIT: Reck's objection seems off. There are some mods whose reputation will permanently be tied to a particularly iconic game or series of games (Percy - Stars Aligned, SpyreX - Star Control/Powerful Wizard, Tarhalindur - Mind Screw, Mirth - Congratulations! You are... Mafia, AlmasterGM - DEFCON, etc.). These users tend to wind up with custom titles that reference those games. I don't see a problem with this.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1846 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

SleepyKrew wrote:DEFCON 3
is
done, and Gamma is most likely getting 'Glad Hatter'.

Yeah no, "IT'S PARTAY TIME" fits Gamma much better. (Or maybe Lady Lambdadelta, though I'm horribly tempted to nominate her for a Bernkastel-based title instead.)
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1851 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

xRECKONERx wrote:I suppose I see your point, but my original problem was that it felt too narrow of a title to only reference three games, one of which is still ongoing. It was the same thing as when people were trying to force a title for danakillsu based on the fact he ran one game about the Green Lantern comics. I'd say you, Tar, are a bit more well-known for making mindfuck games in general, not to mention you have a bit more of a legacy with Mind Screw and your other games than AGM does right now. Like I said, the more I think about it, the more I like the title because it has ramifications outside of just "AGM modded a game with nukes in it".

Yeah, funny story - I earned my title very quickly after the end of the first Mind Screw game. (Amusingly enough, the original suggestion for my title ["Sadist"] has grown on me over time.)

Maybe the title meta has changed since then (certainly the Mini Theme queue has, as evidenced by how Mind Screw II started a week after the end of Mind Screw I), but...
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1886 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

hasdgfas wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:I personally like M.A.D. better than Nuclear launch Detected.

Nuclear launch isn't terrible though.

The thing with M.A.D. is that I associate that with Yosarian2, who ran two games called MAD mafia. (yes, mutually assured destruction, not angry or that comedy magazine)

I have been ninjaed by has.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Player Titles”