Title Fairy: Abuse of Mooglepower!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1689 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:17 am

Post by AGar »

Nth for Glad Hatter
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:18 am

Post by AGar »

I actually think NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED is a great title for AGM.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1841 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 am

Post by AGar »

inHimshallibe wrote:He can be a screamer too at times, y'know, all nuclear and shizz. And the games are becoming iconic in more ways than one, I think it's deserved.

Yeah, that was partially along where I was like "Yeah, that's a legit title."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1863 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:59 am

Post by AGar »

Johhog wrote:
Andrius wrote:
SleepyKrew wrote:Maybe two or three months. But six months is too much.
Or we could form a 'Title Council' and somehow factor in the plebs as well.

No and No.
We don't need mass-spam titles for people for two-three months of being here.
While 2 years is alot, Parama's on the right track- Title should be more than just "LOL I MADE A JOKE" or something. A tribute to an amazing series of games, a site meme, a site icon, testament to someone's good (or bad or LOLbad) play, a nod to their meta; that's what titles should be about- something that resonates with the player for years. Not three months of being here and a "hey look can i haz title nao?"

And the Title Council is bad. Titles are for the community to decide not
rich bureaucrats
some council of people to decide. Who better to decide how the community views the player than the community? Not some
politician
council who might be out of touch with today's going-ons.

edit: Sorry for the doublepost- what I get for reading the thread backwards. Anyway, thought there was some srs discussion on changing policy. W hy I commented.

Horrible. Some players who've not been here for two years are very respected and good Mafia players. I stand by my word, six months is bad enough. Don't make it worse.

You do realize that most players on this site haven't even established a consistent playstyle within 6 months? Or inserted themselves into the community in a way in which lore than a niche of the site knows anything about them? Just because you hold someone's mafia play in high regard doesn't mean that they are widely recognized by the community at large as anything more than just another poster. 6 months really is too short if titles truly are supposed to be a reflection of ones general character or playstyle, but that's where it stands right now and it won't be lowered any time soon.

Return to “Player Titles”