Title Fairy: Abuse of Mooglepower!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #980 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

DarthYoshi wrote:Edit: my challenge to Thor in the face-with-a-name thread to have a awesome beard contest still stands.

You challenged me to a beard off in a thread I never read? Clearly you're already aware you'd lose and are cowering and hoping I never notice ;)

Well, Oman apparently decided I should weigh in on this, which is a little sad because it would have been much funnier if my unaware backside was suddenly being asked why I was NordIC and was left scratching my head and shrugging in confusion a lot. Ah well.

I'm conflicted on Beard of Wisdom. It might be pretty apropos but I actually developed the beard system when people started to get tetchy about a case being 'gut' and wanted reasons. The beard became the reason, and now I sort of just lob it in as padding in any case I feel I'm presenting too little of a case on. So it's kind of a subversion of the point of beard to imply wisdom - though maybe that was the point all along.

I'm flattered by the intent of NordIC. I'll agree, as RC noted, it's not the right phrase, though I appreciate the pun and am actually relatively proud of the intent behind it as I do try to stay fairly involved in helping the Newbie queue out (plus, I totally can find scum better in those games, so it's a *huge* ego boost ;) )

I'm kind of nervous about weighing in heavy on a title, since I do feel the point is to showcase how others see you and how they choose to recognize you. I'll be tickled just to have been given a title (thanks Mina!) I think the point of the titles is that they should make you think of the person they are given to, and I think both frontrunners appear to do that fairly well. Lots of people have memories of me as an IC, and the beard=case is out there on the social consciousness.

I'm blathering...I don't know how to end this discussion or this sentence, and I think the truth is I just lack a strong opinion...um...I'll re-read the cases and get back to you (that always works, because now I don't need to re-read anything, huzzah!)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #987 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:ITT Thor is lazy just like his normal games :lol:

You and I both know I have photo evidence of you being lazy in [redacted] :cop:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1335 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

SleepyKrew wrote:In my game with Thor, he hasn't mentioned his Beard once, but he has SMURF'd.

Obviously you guys are cussing more and demanding explanations of me less ;)
I've probably been doing Smurf longer (it came with me from another site) though I do beard more.

I'll sadly agree to poo-poo the Noresome thing. Yeah, I'm part Norse and am all awesome, but I think that one would just leave people scratching their heads a lot and then I'd have to explain it.
The picture is Volstagg...who from the movie does look more like the "actual" mythological Thor than the Marvel version.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1371 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Papa Zito wrote:Poor Thor. People love him so much he'll never get a title.

Wait, you're saying this level of debate isn't normal?

Maybe I'm just not memorable enough to generate a title?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1386 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Papa Zito wrote:I can't recall so many people debating so long without it degenerating to "but they don't deserve one".

Like a fungus, I do grow on people.

At least it's good to know I'm loved, even if no one is certain what shape the nature of the love should be.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1548 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

Whoa - snap, I'm a Smurf!
Here I thought my title would eventually end up as 'Title Pending' or something ;)

Return to “Player Titles”