Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4525 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:37 am

Post by Aureal »

I'm gonna take this these Black suggestions in a different direction. Her playstyle has been described thusly:
In post 121, Black wrote:
In post 116, Bellaphant wrote: I don't think she's pointing this at him, I think she's trying to engage. Chill, miss scum hunter
This made me think about something Shea said about me recently:
I think tonally she asks all these extremely pointed questions. The questions themselves aren't always pointed but they have a tonal resonance to me of 'I think you're a baddy' which is in and of itself kind of pointed and so when she's interacting with people (including me) it frequently feels like she's scum reading them and then those interactions go nowhere because she likes to jump around and poke her nose into everything so that tone and lack of followup always kind of feels opportunistic to me.
I guess I just don't want people to assume I'm attacking someone just by asking them questions. It's hard for me to sort people without getting into their brain and the best way for me to do that is have them elaborate on a thought process or a stance
I don't disagree with this assessment of how Black can come across, like she's flinging accusations all over, particularly when town. Even though Shea and Black were both scum when making this description. :twisted:

Therefore, I suggest
Gotta Push 'Em All!
as a title for Black. I think the implication works at least as well for when she's scum. ;)
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4633 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 4622, mastina wrote:
In post 4612, Jingle wrote:Nom Dr Drew for “Medicinal Whiskey”.
Yes, it’s a username thing.
Drew has derailed quite a few games I’ve been in with discussions of various whiskeys with absolutely no help or prompting from me, regardless of what anyone might tell you. He frequently brings up the whiskey pocket and leans into it as a gameplay tool and a reaction test launchpad. Also, trusting him to solve your medical problems is dangerous.
The idea has merit, but I'm not fond of the doctor part just for the doctor part. Yes, I know Doctor Drew is actually a doctor of some kind, but I don't like it as a title.
He wouldn't even be the only one with a doctor username getting a title referencing a doctor, according to the list in the OP. I think it's actually a cool thing for the title to nod to the username as long as it's not mostly about the username. I can also vouch for Drew referencing whiskey/alcohol in-game, I'll nth this as well.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4634 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 4626, DragonEater70 wrote: Considering biancospino has managed to stretch the boundaries of Normalcy twice more since he was nominated for a title, I would like to raise again the title "Normal Scientist" for discussion.
How about Compulsive Complex Inventor?
-furtiveglance

Return to “Player Titles”