Titling Discussion

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #276 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

If every nominaton was perfect we'd have like... half a dozen titles and this thread would subsequently not exist.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

In post 275, Gamma Emerald wrote:Generally there’s an idea to start on a successful title nom attempt
The discussion naturally happens from there
This is my opinion.

You don't have to start with a good title at all, but the important part is providing an example and a clear explanation why. This allows the discussion to grow naturally.

"I think X should get a title because Y" just doesn't do the same job.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmm so my two cents on this are basically that "Can I have a title please?" is pointless pandering that serves only as an ego boost and I genuinely don't like it at all.

That said, if I was to say what versions of that feel acceptable, it would be something like the post LLD did, where old titles no longer fit and replacement titles would be appreciated. Or even "I'd like to see about a title, and these are some things that could be great points to start with". Not everyone is well known, but if you have some accomplishments that stand out or a general personality trait/quirk that is stand out that you enjoy, then by all means I don't care. If you want a title you should be willing to give some pointers as to why or about what.

Frankly that's also just good ettiquete.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Return to “Player Titles”