Blitz 15: Monks and Masons in Serona II - GAME OVER!

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie »

/confirm
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:19 pm

In post 26, Kaboose wrote:VOTE: benop
Long names stick out.

You could at least spell the shortened section correctly.
VOTE: Kaboose
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:49 am

In post 84, Anxiety Attack wrote:
In post 39, Spigot wrote:
In post 35, Ümläüt wrote:
In post 25, Spigot wrote:Hey man! Looking forward to playing with you again.

Buddying.

VOTE: Spigot

Town because I would go after the same thing if I didn't already know this slot was town.

Ranger is also town.

VOTE: Anxiety Attack

~Spiffy (I will always sign my posts)

What you did is not technically buddying. However, you immediately townreading Umlat for that looks a lot closer to buddying. Why the townread on Ranger? Ranger kind of did a similar play to that in the last game she played but I wouldn't call it town so much as typical but I haven't seen a scumgame of hers and maybe ika can help with that.

Noting this post cuz I don't like it.

~SW

Agreed that the followup post looks worse than the original.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:19 am

In post 50, Ümläüt wrote:Ranger's having a readlist already is bizarre. Not sure if scummy bizarre or just regular bizarre.

Read his meta. I can't comment more than that.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:37 am

In post 122, AlwaysInnocent wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bebop
Needs to come out and play.

Yes I do. Then again its only been 24hrs since my confirm.

- Tell us who it is so we can lynch them!
- I found this buddying accusation forced, but the followup from spigot in looks worse. Not sure I like the votes in and based on this.
- I wish I could say more about this, but I can't pending an ongoing game finishing. =(
& - 39 has really awkward wording, and I agree with most of yakko's points in 40, but I really don't like yakko's tone here. It seems really sure of himself for this early in the game. I'm going to call it null for a bit and come back to this later.
- Voting based on a long name is worse than voting for someone for breaking a vote count
how
?
- The tone of this doesn't read as defensive, but this only comments on posts that vote against him. I don't like this, but at the same time I don't like how fast the Kaboose wagon formed. I wasn't caught up when I voted for it, but AI's is correct, and I don't like wagons that are this easy; too likely to have scum on them.
- I don't like this. I don't see where 47 was defensive about a random vote, and I think 39 is easily attackable, but the post was still in rvs, so I can't treat the vote in there as anything other than a rvs vote.

I agree with AI that the kaboose wagon formed far too fast. I'm moving off of it for that reason primarily.

, & - This seems kinda defensive too, but the reasoning works.

VOTE: Lowell
I specifically don't like , and nothing else has done much to redeem him in my eyes. This isn't a very firm read, but its the best I've got right now. I still don't like spigot's play, but I feel that the presented reasons for voting him have been worse. AI and Ranger are the only ones that I have any sort of town lean on right now but I'm very unsure of those too.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:45 am

In post 137, Spigot wrote:Thoughts on some posts so far:
Spoiler: Quote wall
In post 24, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Therefore...
VOTE: Ümlaut
For breaking software.

I'm less sold on AI town than Spiffeh, this eagerness at the beginning of the game and this vote to make sure he didn't post early and not have an RVS vote seems like trying to seem town.

I'm just assuming that AI was online when the game went live. *shrugs*

In post 137, Spigot wrote:
In post 38, Ranger wrote:{hi im Yakko, pisskop}
{Umlaut}
{Anxiety Attack}
{Lowell}
{Frozen Angel}
{BlackStar, Bebop, AlwaysInnocent, tojam2}
{Kaboose}
{Spigot}

VOTE: Spigot.

This is flat out ridiculous. It's a. impossible to have the whole game sorted out like that when not everyone has even posted yet and b. not helpful because you don't explain anything. Useless or scum.

Agreed, but its still a null tell.

In post 52, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 51, BlackStar wrote:Why are so many people taking the RVS votes seriously?
Trying to keep us inside RVS, eh?

This is what Spiffeh said was town. I think it's easy to point out this kind of thing without committing to anything and is mostly null. BlackStar's inquisitiveness seems town to me FWIW.

In post 62, Kaboose wrote:You're misrepping me completely.
I quoted yours because I wanted to know what language Kaboose=Nightmare
I quoted BeBop to apologize for the mispelling.
I quoted tojam because they took my vote seriously.
NOTHING I said was defensive. The closest is my question to tojam BECAUSE he took it seriously.

This post seems towny to me. Answered all questions. Didn't derail the thread whining or anything. Didn't seem defensive to me.

I agree with this assessment.
In post 63, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Why didn't you just ask what language it was?

What's the point of this? How are you sorting Kaboose no matter how he answers?

In post 100, Kaboose wrote:Are you reading the game AA?

This post is less towny from Kaboose. AA pretty clearly was reading and posting about specific things. So Kaboose isn't reading or is trying to throw shade for scummy reasons.[/spoiler]
No conclusions yet, just wanted people to see my head's thoughts so far.

-PN

That's a lot of townleans if not reads... Is anyone looking scummy to you?
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:48 am

In post 143, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Why do you have a town-lean on Ranger?

Its almost nothing, but we've seen him do this insane early reads thing before, and attacked one of the more awkward things about which was spigot's town read on ranger.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:14 am

In post 203, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 200, BlackStar wrote:
In post 179, Ranger wrote:
Anxiety Attack wrote:Ranger kind of did a similar play to that in the last game she played but I wouldn't call it town so much as typical but I haven't seen a scumgame of hers and maybe ika can help with that.
I have two completed: Blitz 1 and Blitz 7. However, it should be noted I was slightly V/LA for Blitz 1, and Blitz 7 was highly atypical of my game, period, because it was an entire game filled with apathy.

Not a great sample size.

I'm content with being a perpetual null-read overall as a result.

Agree with Lowell's 54. This is exactly where my mind is at this point in the game. Town points here so far.
Indeed, which is why he (and you) are strong townreads of mine now. (I need to update the list to reflect that.)

I don't think someone who is town should be content with the other townies not being able to read them.
I agree. This is very concerning.

While I don't like that attitude, I've seen it from a few people on this site.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:38 am

In post 192, Lowell wrote:What's the case for bebop again?

Basically that I haven't been active enough. I've been posting 1-2 times a day, so take that as you will. Whats with your unvote on kaboose? I get the vote on spigot, but what clears kaboose in your eyes?

The yakko/AI drama feels a little forced, but I'm not sure what to make of it. Posting a general reads list, but none of these reads are very strong:

Town
AI
Anxiety Attack - not much content, but I liked and .
Umlaut - Quick to jump to buddying, but I liked and especially.
Blackstar - Loved even if its not really alignment indicative.
Ranger - Effectively null compared to the rest here.

Kaboose- Reaction to pressure was strange, I still don't see much scum here other than that.
Lowell - No explanation of why the kaboose wagon was dropped, Didn't like rational for voting in the first case.
Spigot - was bad. had no explanation. and were good.
Yakko - Shitty attitude. Doesn't mean scum, but I sure as hell read this as anti-town. I'm going to have to do a re-read of yakko's posts to get a feel for the logic.
Scum
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:40 am

oops, missed reasoning for AI. one minute.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:43 am

I just think AI's logic is solid, hes pushing the correct points on yakko and ranger. Just did a quick re-read, but no specific posts jump out at me. As I said, my town reads are pretty weak right now.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:48 am

That's it for me for today. I'll check in tomorrow and move my vote then, and a lowell wagon doesn't seem to be in the cards today.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:11 pm

In post 254, Lowell wrote:@bebop (too lazy to find quote)-

I unvoted kaboose because he told me he was town, which, strangely, I sort of felt that was a townish post. Mostly though I moved because I liked what ranger said about spigot.

I am, btw, willing to concede that my reasoning for unvoting defies rational explanation (call it gut), so I am in no way or form clearing kaboose completely. While I'm not sure he's the best wagon anymore, I would be willing to lynch him if it came to that.

I can accept that. Still don't like it though.

VOTE: Yakko
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:33 am

In post 261, BlackStar wrote:Merry Christmas

Confirmed town. Scum always say "x-mas". =P

Merry Christmas guys!
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:37 am

In post 258, hi im Yakko wrote:
In post 255, BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:

I unvoted kaboose because he told me he was town, which, strangely, I sort of felt that was a townish post. Mostly though I moved because I liked what ranger said about spigot.

I am, btw, willing to concede that my reasoning for unvoting defies rational explanation (call it gut), so I am in no way or form clearing kaboose completely. While I'm not sure he's the best wagon anymore, I would be willing to lynch him if it came to that.

Perhaps you missed my question or misunderstood. why did you vote me when you made your reads list what reason was their for waiting?

As I said in my post, I see you as anti-town, not necessarily scum. I'd rather see a lynch on one of lowell, kaboose or spigot. I voted for you because I don't think the wagons on the others are going to go through today, and you are still firmly in my "willing to lynch" category.

AI, why are you scum reading anxiety attack?
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:40 pm

In post 267, hi im Yakko wrote:
In post 265, BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
In post 258, hi im Yakko wrote:
In post 255, BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:

Perhaps you missed my question or misunderstood. why did you vote me when you made your reads list what reason was their for waiting?

As I said in my post, I see you as anti-town, not necessarily scum. I'd rather see a lynch on one of lowell, kaboose or spigot. I voted for you because I don't think the wagons on the others are going to go through today, and you are still firmly in my "willing to lynch" category.

AI, why are you scum reading anxiety attack?

Hello, you either didn't see my question or misunderstood. I can understand once, twice is quite ridiculous and borders on stupidity.

Why did you vote now as opposed to then? I will rephrase it . Why did delay your vote? And once more why in your catch up post did you not vote me and say you would wait to vote?

I hace zero interest in your reasons for voting me and as they are downright silly and dillusional. They stand on their own merits which are none.

Because I would have preferred a lowel wagon, I see that isn't going to happen, and I wanted more content from other players to influence my vote?
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:41 pm

In post 266, AlwaysInnocent wrote:He commented a lot, but doesn't contribute much. I think he is a better candidate than any of the current wagons.

I'll take another look, but I remember really liking two of his posts. I don't think hes a candidate for me today.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Just re-read AA, and I guess I'm pretty neutral. There's not much there other than a comment about AI's behavior that wasn't fully explained in .
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:49 pm

I would really like an explanation of the BlackStar votes. I understand pressure exists, but without a reason given he has nothing to respond to.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:05 am

I'm reading pisskop as town based on his interaction with AI. Umlaut is doing about what I expect from him D1, though activity can be lower due to christmas.

In post 365, Spigot wrote:I feel like everyone is scum this game

~Spiffy

You're scum?

A 16 player game with four 4 person factions or eight 2 person factions would be hilarious though.

I agree with blackstar that the wagons this game haven't made any sense. They reach L-2 and then lose momentum. I know I was involved in the Kaboose wagon stopping, but Kaboose was my RVS vote. Sipgot and Yakko I could get behind, though I think most of the scum this game haven't received real pressure yet. Its true that BlackStar didn't respond well to pressure, but the pressure made no sense. I'm not getting on this wagon.

I would accept any lynch except pisskop if a reasonable argument was presented. I haven't seen that for BlackStar or most other wagons this game.

In post 407, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 406, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 405, AlwaysInnocent wrote:UNVOTE: BlackStar

I expect a vote and a reason due to the remaining time. a simple unvote means your scum who wants to achieve a no lynch
Don't worry. We can lynch Ranger.

Too close to deadline. What the hell are you doing?
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:10 am

Actually screw it. I'll vote blackstar, we only have 4 hours, and the last thing I want is a nolynch. I still think this is a terrible idea, but I don't see an alternative. I suspect blackstar is town, but there is at least a chance I'm wrong. There is no way a ranger wagon is going through in that time frame.

VOTE: Blackstar
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:00 am

BlackStars list looks like he's basing his reads mainly on how other players have been reading him. I really have a hard time taking any list that has ai as town seriously right now. AI has rapidly dropped on my reads over the past 24-48 hrs.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:02 am

BlackStar can you iso umlaut before the day ends? I know he's inactive right now, but just check out the content he has.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:10 pm

In post 474, pisskop wrote:It really is about his wagon.

As I said. :giggle:
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:56 am

Some RL stuff has come up, and its making it hard to maintain the level of activity necessary for a blitz game. My current reads put AI or pisskop as scum, but not both. I didn't like AI's play towards the end of D1, and pisskop was hellbent on lynching blackstar. There's a possibility of them being on rival scum teams, but I think that's me being greedy. I still don't like Yakko.

Requesting Replace out

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”