Blitz 11: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game over!)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #85 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by davesaz »

I had all morning free, and this comes along in the afternoon where it's meetings stacked 2 and 3 deep.
I wonder if copy / paste works with special characters? Ümläüt would be pretty fun to type without paste. Looks like that's a yes.

It's amazing how consistent the fascination with the numbers is in these PyP games. Third game, third time that the numbers are mentioned a lot. At least it seems to be more joking than serious this time around.

Ranger, I assume your reads list is town->scum? I've played with Jeanne and would like to know what you're seeing.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by davesaz »

Town vibes from ika, Ranger, Hinduragi.

For both Persival and tn5421, I would need to review past games to remember if I've seen them as scum, and how this compares. I remember I had trouble reading both of them in the past.

TBH on Jeanne, I'm not certain if she's still making newb mistakes or if the resemblance to her scum game is real. It's a good enough working hypothesis for now.
VOTE: Jeanne11
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:10 am

Post by davesaz »

Jeanne, thoughts on other players?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:41 am

Post by davesaz »

Jeanne, how strong are your town reads?

Persival, draft order is not the only reason for scum to prefer one lynch over another. I think it's a big mistake to concentrate too fully on that. Unless scum are all on your wagon already, they have had a third of the day phase to slip onto your wagon, and a lynch is a lynch in their eyes.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:52 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 319, Aronis wrote:
In post 315, Persivul wrote:
In post 294, Aronis wrote:
Okay, so in #181 Jeanne votes Persivul. Which is the 2nd biggest wagon next to herself at the time. Alone the vote isn't too bad imo, but it's what happens after. Then she votes Ranger for scumreading her. But the Ranger wagon is not gaining traction like she was hoping, so she swaps back to Persivul citing her reasoning as Ranger not being online. She's apparently terrified of getting lynched bc she has a power role and is going to push every1 else that's viable to survive and hop wagons at will. Not very town play imo.

The question is...is it scummy play, or town who really wants to use her power role? Yes, it's anti-town either way, but I'd rather lynch scum than selfish town.

Yes, it is. Not giving a damn about who gets lynched is scummy.

I think this position is flawed. Jeanne claimed to have a role. Preferring a claimed VT's lynch over your own PR is pretty town. Probing at someone you think is scummy as an alternative to the claimed VT is also town. That doesn't necessarily make her town, but "not caring who gets lynched" is not a solid scumtell in a role heavy game.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 201, Ranger wrote:Also, since we have a lot of duplicates this game, I feel like it's best to spell it out:
There is a maximum of one scum in {Hinduragi, Jeanne}. (Hinduragi is obviously town; I still think Jeanne is scum.)
There is a maximum of one scum in {Kop, tn5421}. (Kop's left a good initial impression. tn not so much, though I doubt the game's so easy as to be Persivul/Jeanne/tn.)
There is a maximum of one scum in {3dice, EspeciallyTheLies}. (I think both are town.)
There is a maximum of one scum in {ika, Pipe Organist, hiplop}. (ika is pretty town. Pipe Organist isn't solidly town, but early indicators do point that way. If there's scum here, it would probably be hiplop.)
There is a maximum of one scum in {Ranger, davesaz, Persivul}. (I'm town, dave looks decently town, and Persivul really looks like scum.)

Keep this in mind at all times.
It might also be worth looking into what numbers were high in previous drafts, if my theory about Persivul being scum is correct--he picked 8, but there must have been other numbers that got high. If people picked those numbers, they might be potential scumbuddies.

This theory of duplicates is correct, but it runs a significant risk of ignoring singletons. I initially thought Ranger was town, but this type of thing is easy to fake by calling yourself town and hiding buddies in the unclear ones. It's interesting that there isn't much controversial in the list. Also if Persivul is so scum, there should be more push. I think this bears watching.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 318, tn5421 wrote:I don't really understand why you guys are getting so votehappy on Persivul just for having some reasonable fucking caution. Has anyone even made a case on him or is it the same bullshit that you guys were pushing jeanne on?

Are you happy with your vote? If it's not Persivul, then who?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:26 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 201, Ranger wrote:
There is a maximum of one scum in {Kop, tn5421}. (
Kop's left a good initial impression
. tn not so much, though I doubt the game's so easy as to be Persivul/Jeanne/tn.)

Please explain how Kop left a good impression.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:49 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 333, Persivul wrote:We're not even 45% into phase. Three people have single-digit post counts. To anyone looking for a lynch already...why?

This, I agree with.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:27 am

Post by davesaz »

I've seen scum Jeanne take the whole team down with her. And in a later game, replace out when she got a scum role.
I don't think it's fair to classify her style as new. I'd call it unguarded, and I've seen that as both alignments.

Pedit: Let's keep the content on this game, and leave your feuds with other players out of it. Thanks!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by davesaz »

Jeanne, did you use your role?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 490, davesaz wrote:Jeanne, did you use your role?

Repeat question. And why Aronis?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 am

Post by davesaz »

@Jeanne: On whom, and why? Most importantly the why...
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:02 am

Post by davesaz »

I have a damn good reason for asking.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:06 am

Post by davesaz »

You'll note I did not ask her what the role is, only who her target was and why.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:07 am

Post by davesaz »

The why matters a lot btw.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:16 am

Post by davesaz »

Was 549 supposed to be the answer to my question?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:33 am

Post by davesaz »

I watched Hinduragi. Jeanne was the only visitor.

VOTE: Jeanne11
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:55 am

Post by davesaz »

GG all!

Was really surprised a role fell all the way down to me.

I chose Hinduragi to watch as someone who was just about (if not totally) a universal town read, first time that role has caught scum for me.
The neighborize from Jeanne was almost enough to overcome the guilty result, could have been disaster if Rob hadn't clarified the rule and someone noticed it. (forgot who but thanks!)

I thought Jeanne did a lot better than the previous times I've seen her roll scum.
Once again pisskop seemed scummy to me but was town. I think our playstyles just clash.

I commented in the dead thread, even though it's a blitz and we expect the game to go fast, short of a cop guilty we really should not be lynching people within 24 hours of day. At least let the sleeping folks claim and/or give reads, don't lynch them in their sleep. :facepalm:

Kudos on figuring out that scum had vengeful and giving them time to stumble. We figured out in the dead thread that optimum scum play would have been for ETL to hard claim it, leaving tn as default lynch for the vengeful win.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:56 am

Post by davesaz »

was written before looking into scum thread.
Ugly, that was. Looks like active coaching had a big impact on making someone look better in the main thread.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:39 am

Post by davesaz »

Totally agree.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by davesaz »

I saw the comments about players who treat games as "just blitz" and agree there is no place for that mentality. All games should be equally important, if you're not going to play then don't sign up.
The blitz format is a weak spot for players who have inherently choppy availability. If a player might be unavailable for 2 days randomly every week to 10 days, that's half a day phase or a whole night.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”