Newbie 1021: Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Newbie 1021: Game over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Today you were all distressed to find out that some mafia have moved into your poor little town! What are you going to do about it? The only thing you can do, lynch them!

Game status

game over

Deadline

N/A
Latest vote count

Sotty7 Post 539 wrote:
Final Vote count of day four

:right:
OG: 2 (xvart, LordChronos)

xvart: 1 (OG)

Not voting: No one
Alive: 3

LordChronos
Sternum

xvart
Blood Queen
Vae Victus

OG
nepsy
(SE)

Dead: 6

Crilly was lynched on day one. He was a
townie

Abelcain
Szkander
was killed on night one. He was a
townie

Zed (SE) was lynched on day two. She was a
mafia goon.

Mert
Ardelia Lortz
was killed on night two. He was a
townie

palmertrou
Cnor
was lynched on day three. He was a
townie

Zachrulez
foilist13
(IC) was killed on night three. He was the
doctor

The Inexperience Challenged (IC) player is here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.
The Semi-experienced (SE) players have a level of experience somewhere between a newbie and an IC.
Last edited by Sotty7 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:07 am, edited 41 times in total.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

General rules
  • This is a game. HAVE FUN!
  • Respect your fellow players at
    all times.
    If I feel attacks are getting too personal or out of hand I will replace/mod kill you as I see fit.
  • Do not quote any private mod/player communications. Do not pretend to quote private mod/player communications. Doing so will result in a modkill.
  • There is to be
    no
    communication outside this thread unless your PM states otherwise.
  • This is my color. Please don't use it.
Game play rules
  • Mod kills will end the day.
  • All votes must be in all
    bold
    to count and in the following format:
    Vote: Sotty
    . Unvotes are nice, but not required. I will not tolerate any kind of voting tricks. You have been warned.
  • A lynch will be reached when a majority of players (one-half of the living players plus one) vote for a specific player.
  • Once this point is reached, no amount of unvoting will stop the lynch.
  • Each day will have a deadline of three weeks. In extreme circumstances I will extend the deadline by a few days (no more than a week)
  • If a majority hasn't been reached by the deadline, then there will be a
    no lynch

• Each night will have a deadline of three days.
  • Once a lynch has been reached, all players, (including the lynched player) may continue to post until I can get on and lock the thread.
  • Once you're dead.. Well you're dead. No more posting, dead people can't type! They also can't talk to others still in the game and tell them any info they may or may not have. Simple “bah” posts are allowed, I will delete anything else.
The everything else rules
  • No invisible text, encrypted text, stupidly small text or hiding text inside [ color = black ] tags.
  • I will try and get a votecount up every page or every 24 hours. Feel free to request a vote count at any time.
  • Prods will go out if you haven't posted in 72 hours. If you don't pick up that prod in 48 hours I will look for a replacement.
  • If you think you won't be able to post in the thread for a couple of days then please post a notice letting everyone know just that.
  • Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  • Bold all requests to the mod to make them easier for me not to miss.
  • I'm human, I make mistakes. Feel free to point out mistakes with small things such as the votecount in thread. If you have issues with the game on a bigger level then please PM me.
Useful Links
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this quick topic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
  • You can find the game thread here
  • Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you
Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia via this quick topic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
  • Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person's guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Please hold, role PMs are being sent out.

All role PMs have been sent out. Once I get 7 out of 9 PM confirmations I will unlock the thread and start the game.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay with enough confirmations the game starts!
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Zed »

woo. I'll start with some RVS

Vote:Cnor
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:35 am

Post by foilist13 »

I don't think that was very random at all.

vote: zed
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 am

Post by nepsy »

vote: Sternum
since his name rhymes with scum.
Ardelia Lortz
Ardelia Lortz
Townie
Ardelia Lortz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Ardelia Lortz »

vote: foilist13

I'm sure the most experienced player should be mafia.
Ardelia Lortz
Ardelia Lortz
Townie
Ardelia Lortz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Ardelia Lortz »

I'm sorry for that.

VOTE: foilist13
Vae Victus
Vae Victus
Townie
Vae Victus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Vae Victus »

VOTE: Ardelia for not understanding how randomness works.
The winner is not who was right, but who is left.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 am

Post by foilist13 »

If that were true then the IC would be lynched every time. I suggest you look at the results of some previous newbie games to verify your suspicion.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Zed »

Ouch. I did eeny meeny minie moe, doesn't get much more random than that.
Crilly
Crilly
Townie
Crilly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Crilly »

I have no idea why you guys are voting randomly without any thought, but eh. I'll
VOTE: CNOR

Not because ZED is SE, but because I think his vote is actually random. Also, he hasn't defended himself yet, so, yeah.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by foilist13 »

The purpose of the random voting stage is to get us past the point where there is no usable content. Right now none of us has any information on anyone else (except for the mafia), therefore we cannot make a useful accusation or lynch. The way random voting works, people place votes for various ridiculous reasons until someone places a serious vote. This vote may be based on someone's wording, a gut feeling, or the number of the vote placed. At this point people will analyze the serious vote and agree/disagree with it. Someone else may post another serious vote that is unrelated, etc. We then have content and can progress towards an informed lynch.
Sternum
Sternum
Townie
Sternum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Sternum »

If foilist13 is the most experienced, I'd much rather that they stayed alive, rather than us lynching them so early in the game without proof! I'm going to say. Um
VOTE: CNOR
. Sorry
nepsy
nepsy
Goon
nepsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by nepsy »

So Sternum, did you actually read foilist post before yours?
Random voting stage doesn't mean it's random lynching stage so jumping on bandwagons so early and without any reasons it's not something usually done. Town needs information if we want to catch scum and the better way for that is to talk, analyse people's post and not rush any lynch (well, at least one without strong motives).
Crilly
Crilly
Townie
Crilly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by Crilly »

Also, they don't always make the IC mafia. They are simply there to help us learn strats about the game. Now, Foliest makes a good point. But it's best to get a quick lynch out of the way just so we have something to base it off. These votes are always random anyway. (cept if your mafia) also, Fo, just because he voted first doesn't mean he is evil. I realize I may sound in cahoots with him.

We have no data to base anything off, and while we may say GOD HE SOUNDED SCUMMY, does not mean it is any less random. So I am going to stick with my vote, even tho I will still have less weight then the IC and SE. (Not in the game wise, but you can bet that people will follow the SE/IC votes more then the fellow newbies, for semi good reasons)
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 am

Post by foilist13 »

Just so you all are clear, IC stands for inexperience challenged. It's supposed to be a funny way of saying experienced. I've been on mafiascum for a bit over a year, I've completed 10/15 games, and am very egocentric. Hi.

Secondly, a lynch almost never happens in the first few pages. D1 usually runs right up to deadline (3 weeks) or comes pretty close. That does not mean we aren't in danger of a lynch. People sometimes get trigger happy and drop the hammer way before they should. I hope that won't be a problem.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Zed »

Sorry guys, I've been busy.

Just remember it isn't always wise to follow someone, you never know what their alignment is! (unless you do know since you're mafia, but that is a different story)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Sotty7 »

1st vote count of day one

:right:
Cnor: 3 (Zed, Crilly, Sternum)

Zed: 1 (foilist13)
Sternum: 1 (nepsy)
foilist13: 1 (Ardelia Lortz)
Ardelia Lortz: 1 (Vae Victus)

Not voting: 2 (Szkander, Cnor)
  • With
    alive, it takes
    to lynch
  • The deadline for the end of day one is Wednesday, November 3rd at 7am CST
  • Szkander
    and
    Cnor
    have until tomorrow to post or they will be replaced.
Vae Victus
Vae Victus
Townie
Vae Victus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Vae Victus »

UNVOTE: Ardelia, VOTE: Sternum. I don't know what you're up to, or if you're not paying attention, but that's 3 votes on one player in the random voting stage, and I don't think that's wise.
The winner is not who was right, but who is left.
Sternum
Sternum
Townie
Sternum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Sternum »

Wait, I'm realy sorry, but I don't quite yet understand. Do we not want it to go to majority yet?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by foilist13 »

No, we do not want a lynch anytime soon. Placing the "x"th vote is a common reason for the first serious wagon of the Day.
Sternum
Sternum
Townie
Sternum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Sternum »

Ohhh. Thanks. Am I allowed to withraw a vote?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”