Newbie 948: Mod Abandoned

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Newbie 948: Mod Abandoned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:36 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

You are all here in the hippie commune of Town Town where you have found out that there are a few people who don't have your best interests at heart. It is now up to you to figure out who these people are and try to eliminate them so you can go on with your lives.

Alive and Kicking

Pittbunny

Muthaa

Thunderclees87

Equinox (rep. Dr.Cyanide)

Skill006 (rep. brothernature) (SE)

thatguy00 (rep. CoheedCambria09) (SE)

Zodiark13 (IC)

No Longer on This Plane

Antiximo
:
Vanilla Town
Lynched Day 1
ycz6
:
Vanilla Town
Killed Night 1

ICs are here to help you and must adhere to Being a Good IC
Last edited by fuzzylightning on Sat May 29, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:38 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Rules
mostly stolen from hasdgfas with some changes

Behavior:

1) This is a game. Please try to act in a respectful manner towards everyone.
2) Play to win, but also to have fun. See rule 1.
3) I will post in either
green
or
dark green
. I may use italics, bold, underlined, or anything else in green. Just stay away from green text. I know what I’ve written.
4) Do not quote any private communications with me or other players. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in modkill. If you have a question about whether something is acceptable, PM me.
5) You may not talk about this game outside the thread unless your role allows, whether you’re dead or not. Feel free to talk to me though, especially if you‘re dead. I’m available for listening to rants, getting told how bad the setup and/or flavor is, or listening to what people think about the game in general.
6) Do not edit or delete your posts. There are reasons for this, which I will explain if necessary. If I catch you, you will be modkilled.

Activity Levels and Prods:

7) I expect everyone to post every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in an activity prod, unless you have informed me of V/LA status either in thread or via PM. 3 activity prods in one game day or 5 over the whole game will result in forced replacement.
8) Players may request a prod on another player at any time, either by PM or by posting in thread. These are a completely different system from activity prods, so you may receive both within a short period of time. A player requested prod will not count as an activity prod.
9) Not picking up a prod within 72 hours will result in replacement.

Voting, Lynches, and Deadlines:

10) Please vote in bold, such as
vote: Fuzzy
. You do not have to unvote when changing votes, although it might be helpful. You may use nicknames and acronyms when voting, as long as it is clear exactly whom you are referring to.
11) A lynch will require the votes of a majority of players. When a majority is reached, no further votes/unvotes will be counted.
12) Days will start with a fixed 3 week deadline that may be adjusted depending on activity levels.
13) Posting in twilight is acceptable, for both the lynchee and town members. Feel free to post as much or as little as you want of whatever you like.(Really blatant and unhealthy amounts of spam will probably be deleted, however.)
14) Once your death scene is posted, you may make only one ‘Bah’ post. Make sure it has no game relevant information, or someone on your team will be punished for your screw-up.

Miscellaneous:

15) If you fake breaking a rule, it will incur the same punishment as actually breaking the rule.
16) If you believe I have made a small mistake, for example, in a vote count, please point it out in thread. If you have a more serious grievance for some reason, PM me. Leave it out of the thread.
17) My word is final. If you have a problem with it, see rule 16.
18) I reserve the right to add rules if necessary.
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:41 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • * 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
    * 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
    * 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
    * 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:
Mod wrote:
Mafia Goon:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
Mafia Roleblocker:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, name. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:
Mod wrote:
Townie:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
Cop:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
Doctor:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
0-1 as Mafia
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Day 1 Begins Now

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Deadline is May 17, 2010 at 10 PM EDT
0-1 as Mafia
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Hello my fellow friends, how about we start the day we a couple of questions.

I personally don't believe in RVS, so I will ask some random questions.

Choose between any of the ones I ask, if you would like to ask more than one, this is fine.
1) Is this your first game?

1a) If so how do you feel you will operate for today?
1b) If not, how did your most recent game develop? What was your alignment? Did you win? How do you feel about the win/loss.

2) Do any of you have 'beef' or previous experiences with other players in this game? Please go into detail about it.

3) Do questions bug you? (hint: i'll ask you more questions if you say no :P )

I will have more soon.
2) [/Quote]
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Antiximo »

EBWOP: oh, and one question JUST for ycz6. Everyone seemed to confirm quite quickly, you are the last to do so. In fact, you have yet to confirm. Should I be expecting lurking activity from you in the future?
Killin some scum.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

Hey guys. Lets get this game started.

Random Vote: ycz6
just 'cause they're the last to confirm.
Show
"When I said that Mercy stood,
Within the borders of the wood,
I meant the lenient beast with claws,
And bloody swift-dispatching jaws."

"Cyanide has the BEST avatar ever." ~animorpherv1

Back from Sabbatical. Yay me.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Cyanide, there are questions just for you to answer above. Also, let's say ycz6 continues to lurk for 48 hours without confirmation or conversation, would you rather modkill or lynch.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Also, I thought i would give some insight as to why I do not believe in RVS.

Some background history into my life as a mafia player.

I began in Epic Mafia, with no experience of playing in real life or forum mafia. (I heard my friends talk about playing it with cards, however I never actually played it). Epicmafia.com was the website (i still frequent it to this day).

Online mafia is very fast paced in comparison to forum, and relies heavily on role claiming and abusing power roles. Because of this, RVS stages generally are not necessary and are generally excluded.

Therefore as I move into the forum mafia world (i heard it's more cozy around here), I've never understood the idea of RVS'ing and how it is generally important except to make fake connections with others (take that comment how you want to).

So I don't do it.

Until I get a complete understanding of it, i probably will continue to not do it.

However that's more story on not RVS'ing, now i will be stalking your posts.
Killin some scum.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

See, I type one post and someone beats me with two posts. I really need to pay more attention.

Question One: No. By technicality I 'think' I should be I.C by now, but I was replaced out of all my previous games because I disappeared without V/LA- (r/l issues suck when they come up en force)

1a) I don't know. Probably the usual probing? Speaking of:

Antiximo, what's with all the questions? Taking a pro-town role early as to avoid suspicion? Also, will you be answering your own questions?

1b) My first game, I was town, but I got killed N2 for 'being too much of a threat.' I then replaced into the same game (for someone who was mighty scummy) as mafia, quick-hammered, then got replaced out while I was AWOL. Mafia won, so I count it as a win and a loss (which essentially cancels itself out).
Show

Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I tend to post a lot, I don't think it has anything to do with you paying attention.

So you have experience with mafia games, this will bring good conversation then Dr.Cyanide. Please explain what you mean by 'V/LA' please. To respond to 1a). The usual probing is based by questions or answers to questions. Of course you can probe someone just by making conversation for no reason, but I don't like to do this, i like to keep things smooth and even.

The questions are to get you all to talk, there are newbies afoot after all, we don't want them lurking around. I'd rather reach to all then reach to a few. I am willing to answer my own questions and will do so at the end of this post.

Being too much of a threat eh? So you can play a pretty mean pro-town then. I'm going to expect you to be top-notch and making some high quality posts Cyanide. I'm counting on you.

I see you didn't explain much about your Mafia role, that's quite interesting.

As you wanted Cyanide, (i'm going to call you Dr. C) here are the answers to my questions.

1) Is this your first game?
- In Mafiascum.net, this if my first game played. I'm in the middle of playing four other games on smashboards.com in the mafia subforum, so i don't consider myself new in any sense. I've gotten a lot of experience with many different players, all of those times i've played as town, so i've gotten a strong feel as to how I will play the game as town.

1a) If so how do you feel you will operate for today?
-Although this isn't my first, I will operate by asking questions, pressuring to (hopefully) breaking point, and generally being as active as possible. On one half it gives a lot of information to re-read, on the other half it gives a lot of information against me, and makes me stick my neck out like an ostrich.

1b) If not, how did your most recent game develop? What was your alignment? Did you win? How do you feel about the win/loss.
- I said in the answer of 1a, that my alignment was town every game: none of the games are over, therefore there is no win/loss record.

2) Do any of you have 'beef' or previous experiences with other players in this game? Please go into detail about it.
- I have no experience with any of you.

3) Do questions bug you? (hint: i'll ask you more questions if you say no )
- I love questions, however I will ask the validity of questions if I feel they will get us no where.

@mod - if someone gets modkilled, and they are town , does the day end immediately? If they are mafia does the day continue?

A modkill will result in the day ending, however, a player not confirming will likely be replaced as they will be prodded unless the town chooses to lynch that person.

-Fuzzy
Killin some scum.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

Antiximo wrote:Cyanide, there are questions just for you to answer above. Also, let's say ycz6 continues to lurk for 48 hours without confirmation or conversation, would you rather modkill or lynch.
Neither, I'd rather have him replaced because I'm not Anti-Town.
Antiximo wrote:Until I get a complete understanding of it, i probably will continue to not do it.

Firstly, this is a newbie game. Therefore, RVS is a way to encourage banter and content. People learning to play the game need somewhere to start, RVS gives us a starting point. I don't disagree with RQS, I just think it should be implimented later on, say- after RVS.

Secondly, just because you do not agree with RVS, does not mean everyone will just follow suit with you. I find the way you are trying to take a dominant role in thread so early on somewhat mildly disturbing. Also, just because I've posted a RandomVote, before I even knew you had posted, does not seem like adequate reason for you to "stalk" my posts. Everyone should be looked on in the same light, as a possible suspect. Special attention is granted when it is warranted.

On a lighter note, I look forward to playing this game with you. You obviously will be an interesting person to try and read.
Show

Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I didn't stalk your posts due to your vote. I re-read constantly to ensure I don't miss anything.

Taking a leadership role isn't a problem Dr. C, taking a leadership role and leading in the wrong direction is a problem (leading a lynch that ends up being townie or a PR, etc.)

I don't agree with RVS, I'm not expecting people to follow suit with me, I only wanted to explain so me not participating doesn't bite me in the butt later. Also since I'm not participating in the RVS, why not ask some questions along the way?

On that note.
Dr.C wrote: Neither, I'd rather have him replaced because I'm not Anti-Town.
I just want further clarification, what makes mod killing anti-town? What makes you think that ycz6 is infact, town? (modkilling a mafia would be quite pro-town). I need further clarification on that statement please sir.
Killin some scum.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

V/LA= Vacation/ Limited Access.
Antiximo wrote:I see you didn't explain much about your Mafia role, that's quite interesting.
I didn't really do that much as mafia, I quick-hammered one townie, then gave a defence the next day- then went AWOL because of r/l and was replaced out.
Antiximo wrote:Being too much of a threat eh? So you can play a pretty mean pro-town then. I'm going to expect you to be top-notch and making some high quality posts Cyanide. I'm counting on you.
You're counting on me? That's great. How do you know I'm not mafia?
I'm definitely keeping my eyes on you, buddy. You reek.

So where is everyone else?
Show

Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Yes, I am counting on you Dr. C, to give quality posts from now on. You have explained to me that at one point, mafia has considered you a 'threat' and killed you during the night (however I just noted that mafia still won that game, perhaps you weren't as much of a threat as considered). You have potential to be great town however from the wording you gave me, therefore i want to see it in your posts. If I don't, i can only consider you scum.

You have also said that you do have experience with this game, so I cannot be lenient in your scumtells.

I do not know if you are scum or town Dr.C, I can only truly trust myself, however everyone starts on a clean slate. Because of this everyone is equally town, or equally scummy, whichever view you'd like to take.

Instead of telling everyone 'don't act scummy' i'd rather tell them 'act town'.
Killin some scum.
Thunderclees87
Thunderclees87
Townie
Thunderclees87
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Thunderclees87 »

Another beautiful day in Town Town...

Hello all, this is my second game here at mafia scum (I've played two on another site). My first was newbie 778, a mafia victory unfortunately, as I was town. I feel that I played well, considering I outed the first scum on day two, getting him lynched, and was night killed because of it.

I don't know any of you yet.

I am not opposed to questions.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

Antiximo wrote:I just want further clarification, what makes mod killing anti-town? What makes you think that ycz6 is infact, town? (modkilling a mafia would be quite pro-town). I need further clarification on that statement please sir.
The question isn't what makes mod-killing anti-town, but what makes wanting mod-kills anti-town. Mod-kills on town players obviously make scums job easier. So I question why you would ask the mod about mod-kills in the that regard.

Unvote
just by the way.
Antiximo wrote:Yes, I am counting on you Dr. C, to give quality posts from now on.
Trying to get me to conform to 'your standards' is not going to help you/town let alone help you look better to town.
Antiximo wrote: You have explained to me that at one point, mafia has considered you a 'threat' and killed you during the night (however I just noted that mafia still won that game, perhaps you weren't as much of a threat as considered).
Then degrading me in the same sentence still doesn't help you.

Antiximo wrote:You have potential to be great town... however from the wording you gave me, therefore i want to see it in your posts. If I don't, i can only consider you scum.
I have potential to be great town, and a threat to you if you are scum, therefore you set the standard you wish me to conform to, so you can paint a target on my back. And if I don't conform to your standard, I'm scum anyway. Nice try.

That's not going to work either. You can stop being patronising now.

But wait, theres more.
Antiximo wrote:You have also said that you do have experience with this game, so I cannot be lenient in your scumtells.
Yeah, well the same goes for you buddy, and it's not looking good. Especially considering you're already trying to insinuate that I've made scum-tells. (good to see you're reading the wiki though.)
Show

Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

Welcome, Thunderclees87!

Please enjoy your stay!
...unless you're scum-
if so, please roll over and die.
Show

Thunderclees87
Thunderclees87
Townie
Thunderclees87
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Thunderclees87 »

Antiximo wrote:Also, I thought i would give some insight as to why I do not believe in RVS.

Some background history into my life as a mafia player.

I began in Epic Mafia, with no experience of playing in real life or forum mafia. (I heard my friends talk about playing it with cards, however I never actually played it). Epicmafia.com was the website (i still frequent it to this day).

Online mafia is very fast paced in comparison to forum, and relies heavily on role claiming and abusing power roles. Because of this, RVS stages generally are not necessary and are generally excluded.

Therefore as I move into the forum mafia world (i heard it's more cozy around here), I've never understood the idea of RVS'ing and how it is generally important except to make fake connections with others (take that comment how you want to).

So I don't do it.

Until I get a complete understanding of it, i probably will continue to not do it.

I also am not one for random votes. I believe questions are more effective as a way to generate discussion because there can be more meaning behind them.
Thunderclees87
Thunderclees87
Townie
Thunderclees87
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Thunderclees87 »

Antiximo wrote:I tend to post a lot
That's good to see. My last game on here was pretty slow, it would be nice to have everyone participating fully.
Antiximo wrote:Taking a leadership role isn't a problem Dr. C, taking a leadership role and leading in the wrong direction is a problem (leading a lynch that ends up being townie or a PR, etc.)
In your experience, do see scum taking leadership roles or trying to blend in more often? I tend to see blending in as a more common style for mafioso, but I know a couple of players on another site who prefer to be very active in controlling/leading the town as scum.
Thunderclees87
Thunderclees87
Townie
Thunderclees87
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Thunderclees87 »

Dr.Cyanide wrote:
Antiximo wrote: I just want further clarification, what makes mod killing anti-town? What makes you think that ycz6 is infact, town? (modkilling a mafia would be quite pro-town). I need further clarification on that statement please sir.

The question isn't what makes mod-killing anti-town, but what makes wanting mod-kills anti-town. Mod-kills on town players obviously make scums job easier. So I question why you would ask the mod about mod-kills in the that regard.
Agree.

Simple math tells you that a random player being modkilled day 1 is more likely to turn up town than scum. I certainly wouldn't want to lynch a player at random, and this is no different.[/quote]
ycz6
ycz6
Townie
ycz6
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by ycz6 »

Hello! Sorry about the delay on confirmation; I don't have access to the forums at school, and I forgot about the email notification I got because I'd marked it as read. >_<

Anyway, (1) this is my first game on MafiaScum. I've played IRL before but never online. I should be pretty active, I can check the topic at any time and post after around 3pm Pacific every day.

(1a) I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to play... I don't have a read on anyone right now, so I'll wait for the players that haven't posted yet to do so and see if I can get one.

Sorry if I seem unhelpful. Sorry if I seem overly apologetic and followy.
today is thursday and today what we are doing is mafia
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Dr.C wrote:

I think we have a miscommunication between the mod-kills i previously asked mod. I come from a place where inactivity and replacing is quite common ground. We have a rule set that if mafia dies due to modkill, then the day continues, if a townie dies by modkill, then the day ends. I just wanted to clarify whether or not this would be true for this game as well. It would be anti-town in the sense of a townie going afk for 48+ hours and we deciding to kill him. But if a scummy player happened to go afk for 48+ hours, and we modkill him, we continue with a second lynch on a second FoS, which is potentially pro-town.

Dr.C wrote:Trying to get me to conform to 'your standards' is not going to help you/town let alone help you look better to town.
Woah now Dr.C let's calm down here. We're just friendly people trying to find scum. All my standards are is to clearly portray your FoS's and give good points. Anyone slacking could fall behind radar, seem scummier than they should be, and generally become that one townie end-game who doesn't know who to vote due to inactivity in actual conversations. I just want to make sure that this doesn't happen to our little Town of Town Town. (oh that's funny to say)
Then degrading me in the same sentence still doesn't help you.
Perhaps that was a bit insulting of me. I do apologize Dr.C. In the end, you being dead town after your scum hunt doesn't portray that town will win. After all a town is only as strong as it's weakest link am i right?

I have potential to be great town, and a threat to you if you are scum, therefore you set the standard you wish me to conform to, so you can paint a target on my back.
I would think that Mafia would be more prone to cause confusion, pick on small things that townies do to raise suspicion, or just hang under the radar. However that's an interesting and risky way to play scum I must say. However that's now how I roll sir C. Me going any more into this subject would only cause unnecessary WIFOM**, so we will discuss this later I'm sure sir :).
And if I don't conform to your standard, I'm scum anyway. Nice try.
To be honest, I will say that not pointing out FoS's, conversing amongst one another, and being active would make me consider you as scummy, whether I wrote my introductory phrases or not.
Yeah, well the same goes for you buddy, and it's not looking good. Especially considering you're already trying to insinuate that I've made scum-tells. (good to see you're reading the wiki though.)
To say that I'm seeming more scummy because I felt something was a potential scum-tell and I wanted to clarify, is pretty off logic in my opinion. However I will let you think what you will.

** - WIFOM
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Sir Thunderclees, to answer your question I truthfully can't tell you. In my experience i have to finish a single game, there are different people leading who seem scummy however turn up town, and there is one particular person I'm playing with who feels as pro-town as possible achievable, however with his experience I feel he is more than likely scum out of a hunch. However the easiest way to play mafia as scum is to blend in, agree with comments, sheep votes, partner alliances with town, etc. So I would find that being quiet is a more obvious option.

Also please understand my modkill comment wasn't directly exactly at zcv6, it was only directed at modkilling in general, for example when we're halfway through game and have lost a couple of townies to scum, or something to that extent. I wouldn't see a mod-kill this early in the game being pro-town either.

Ycz6, if you would like, i'd recommend reading the conversations that have already happened, and seeing if you find anything that bugs you in particular about someone's views, you might find some scumminess here as well. The conversation between me and Dr. C has some juicy information from both ends of the table (the table between Dr.C and I that is ;) ).

Welcome to Mafia :)
Killin some scum.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

Hey all, IC Zodiark13, reporting for duty... Except it seems Anti has gone ahead and done the IC bit for me. And in my first game as IC too. :? So I'll put the IC stuff away until its needed, apart from one little pearl of wisdom. Scroll up to the top of the page and click on the wiki link if you haven't already. It will be immensely useful.

Now,
I personally don't believe in RVS, so I will ask some random questions.
You're one of THOSE people...:?
Until I get a complete understanding of it(RVS), i probably will continue to not do it.
Generally, trying something is a good way of getting an understanding of it.
Being too much of a threat eh? So you can play a pretty mean pro-town then. I'm going to expect you to be top-notch and making some high quality posts Cyanide. I'm counting on you.
Obvious attempt at buddying. Not a good idea.
Ycz6, if you would like, i'd recommend reading the conversations that have already happened, and seeing if you find anything that bugs you in particular about someone's views, you might find some scumminess here as well.
The conversation between me and Dr. C has some juicy information from both ends of the table (the table between Dr.C and I that is ;).
The bolded part? You're basically saying the both of you are scum. Sorry Dr.C, seems you scumbuddy ratted the both of you out.

Vote: Antiximo

For reference, votes usually need to be bolded, which is done by using a [,b] tag(minus the comma).

Just a quick question of my own, but not a random one, for everyone. What is your timezone? GMT +8 for me.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”