Newbie Game #489 - Murder in Smallburg (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:50 am

Post by mcpaltp »

/confirm
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:52 am

Post by mcpaltp »

That's what I get for only checking daily. Sorry for the delay.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:05 am

Post by mcpaltp »

lynch all jokevoters.

Vote:zazq

And how are we supposed to pronounce your name, hmmm?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Unvote:zazq

OMG! you ought to know better Nabakov-Squared. There is no serial killer in this game! This shows that you are just trying to confuse us newbies. Coupled with your good taste in signatures and avatar, I'd call this a clear scumtell.

Vote:Nabakov-Nabakov

Don't think I've forgotten you either, zazq! *glares* I see what you've been doing there.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:03 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I've done a few live-action "werewolf" style games before and am just starting up on SA's mafias.

So, no, I'm not a total newbie.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

I'm suspicious of zazq, personally. She jumped on me pretty quickly and easily. Lacking other strong scummy targets, I'll

unvote

vote:zazq

(not OMGUS, she just seems the scummiest to me)
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:31 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oops, thought it was -2 to lynch, thanks coxy52k. I still think (s)he is the best target and the most scummy, but I suppose I hsould have just FOSed her/him.

Sorry all, I agree we should at least hear some defence before any lynch (lynching a power role, or indeed any town at all, sucks).
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:23 am

Post by mcpaltp »

What made me suspicious was putting someone on -1 to hammer just to prod them into voting, not because they thought they were scummy. Town wants to lynch scum, first and foremost. Any other reason to vote for someone (after the jokevote phase, naturally) scans as scummy to me.

This is made worse by putting somone at -1 to hammer. It would be very easy for a scum-buddy to jump on the bandwagon and lynch a townie, which is what they are looking to do.

Also, this game is going slow, so I'm voting for the scummiest option to get the ball rolling a bit.

I'm using a different username on the other site, btw. (It's a secret!)
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:40 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Have you prodded zazq yet? That's all I'm waiting for.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:13 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Fair enough. If you are saying what you think you are saying, then she is lurking. Seriously, it's been, what, 5 days? more?

Scummy+lots of lurking when we start asking questions all of a sudden=vote stays on, at least in my book.

This game isn't moving very fast at all.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:15 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oh, and even though I'm town, I'd be in favor of a deadline to get things moving a little bit. The sooner the better. (I'm used to games with 72-hour deadlines anyway.) Consideing the pace on this forum, a week or so would probably be appropriate.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:05 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I could buy that I guess. I'll wait it out.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:12 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Unvote
Pending introduction.

Hi Franzie.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:08 am

Post by mcpaltp »

desolator wrote:OK, I suppose I can safely recall by bogus vote now.
unvote

Welcome franzie, I never said I didn't watch princess bride(I think), its just that I couldn't find it.

I agree with a few points yet some I have no idea were they came from. I shall post more of the subject just mentioned after I reread the posts and get sleep.
Why did you feel like it was neccessary to wait until now to "safely recall [your] bogus vote"?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:54 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Blah. I'm just really not seeing super-suspicous behavior here other than Sk's insistance on voting for Franzie's predecessor when it was pretty clear that (s)he was being replaces. He did unvote as soon as Franzie came in, which is a good sign, but I've still got a glimmer of worry.

I'm not coming down strongly on either side of the bogggzie/N-N debate, as neither of them seem all that scummy.

I still didn't like the timing of desolator's unvote, but it could just be chalked up to barely ever being on, which his post history seems to validate. A litte suspicous, and enough to keep my vote on for the time being.

I guess I'll just 2nd Franzie's call to get some of the lurkers out and posting, as that would probably aid greatly in getting a little discussion flowing. (this game is a little like molassas right now)
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:19 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Holy crap, we can end this day? I'm going to hammer just to end the pain.

Vote:Boggzie

In all seriousness, we are not at -1. Flameax, why are you voting for Boggzie? I'd like to see, well, any justification for your actions.

unvote:Boggzie
vote:Flameaxe

Until you explain yourself.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:20 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Mr. Flay :x ! You gormenghastian mod ruined my tasteless joke! How dare you.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:25 am

Post by mcpaltp »

[quote="Flameaxe
I can read. Try it and you will see why.

This post is
absurd
by the way. Contribute better please.[/quote]

Welp, I re-read your posts, and I still cannot see where you justified why you were voting for Boggzie. And how is pointing out inconsistancies absurd?
do you hate finding scum, scum?

My vote is so confirmed, it hurts.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:30 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I may have misspelt it: Gormenghast. Gormenghastian: of or belonging to Gormenghast. IIRC, Flay was a character from that series of books. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gormenghast is the wiki on it, it was a great series of books that was made into a television series with Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, IIRC.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:32 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Flameaxe wrote:Not my posts, retard.
no u.

Well, spell it out to me, contribute as to which argument you think is valid or not.
Justify your vote
. If you do not, I will continue to assume that you are scum.

I can't beleive that I'm having to explain that it is important to justify why you vote for someone.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:33 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Franzie wrote:
mcpaltp wrote:Mr. Flay :x ! You gormenghastian mod ruined my tasteless joke! How dare you.
I just scoured wikipedia and came up with nothing. What does that word mean?

Also, to pre-emptively use another Princess Bride line; That word - you keep saying it, but I don't think it means what you think it means.
I was refering to this post, it was cut off by the page change.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:39 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Well, rest assured that I will keep my vote on you as long as you adamantly refuse to contribute justification as to why you think that someone needs to be lynched.

Unjustified votes on what looks to be a brewing bandwagon? Scum.

I'm not going to let you just handwave this away as mere "playstyle" differences.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:52 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Flameaxe wrote:Well, then you are either a dumbass pro-town player, or obvobv scum.

I have other reasons for withholding my reasons. Trust me on this one.

Preview edit: I'm not very pleased with your contributions either. Almost seems like talking with no content just to slip by.
So, I call you out for voting for someone
with no justification whatsoever
, you handwave this away as "playstyle", call me dumb or scum, and then say you had a secret reason for voting for Boggzie? :roll: Right. I'll trust you as far as I can throw you. I also like this whole attacking the guy who is pointing out your scumtells thing you are doing, too. OMGUS much?

Scummiest player by far. Vote stuck, barring some monumental event.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:12 am

Post by mcpaltp »

@Flameaxe

Okay, so your secret plan was to lure the scum out with an (extremely scummy) vote on a bandwagon and you'd be able to catch them then? Am I right? If this was your ploy, the logic breaks down right about where you realize that the scum have perfect information and would know that you wouldn't be scum (if you were town, which I do not think is the case). It would be a little suicidal to be the last two votes on a quick bandwagon.

I don't care what you claim your gambit was or how easy it was to see through. I'm still going to call out any and all scummy behavior I see. I will not just write it off as a town plot, which is what you seem to be espousing. Feel free to make as many personal attacks as you want, I'm just going to vote for the scummiest poster.

*notice the lack of vote-change here*

PS :dramabomb: ITT
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:18 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Well, you can keep your secret plan
and
my vote for all I care. :P. j/k <3
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Flameaxe wrote:Uhm...Where did you get lurking from?
Yeah, I hate to leap to this guy's defense, but he just replaced in, he has not been lurking.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Unvote:Flameaxe

He was at -1. I think we can actually get some more info out of this situation. I have a very limited time to post, so I'll explain later, but I don't want to see us lynch too quickly, here. (Fa -2)
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:26 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Vote:Boggzie

diescumdie

(Hilarity ensues)
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 am

Post by mcpaltp »

In all seriousness, I was actually most suspicous of Boggzie before Flameaxe distracted me with the whole no-justification thing. I havn't liked the way he responded to Flameaxe after the intial discussion I had with him died down, and I liked the scum-baiting gambit Flameaxe pulled.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:35 am

Post by mcpaltp »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Martini wrote: # Boggzie:
I really don't know what to say about him..
More please.

Boggzie is currently the top suspect of many; he has made a number of large posts and elicted a number of reactions. Copping out on any sort of commentary is suspicious.
~ZOMG scumbuddies~ serious: seconding this ~ZOMG scumbuddies~
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

martini wrote:okay...
who are you saying are scumbuddies? :P
I am rereading his posts again now. He posted a lot (of long posts) :/
that might have kept me from trying to understand every little bit.
will post later on (I hope because I almost have to quit pc)
Welp, I'm claiming Me and NabNab (sorry dude!) as scum, and I'm mason with you, and n0 I investigated Boggzie, and he's sk. Sorry, I shoulda said something sooner.

ps I also raise zombies from the dead as members of a cult.

ps i'm also investigation immune, so I come up town.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:03 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Is anyone else having a hard time with all of these replacements? Grr. It's making my notes wonky and it's hard to see trends in individuals when the players change.

For example, I was voting for boggzie, then Wb comes in and claims stuff like:
NabakovNabakov - Unlike my predecessor I don't think your scum. I've read some other newbie game topics and most of the experienced players try to help out as you have. I'd hope they wouldn't abuse this as scum.

Flameaxe - Again I don't think your scum. Your first vote on Boggzie(/me) was as you said like a random vote. Boggzie responded in a OMGUS manner and simply revenge voted.
which waves away a fair amount of what was so scummy about Boggzie. Now, if I were scum replacing scum that had just screwed up and was taking some heat, that's precisely what I'd do as well. Unfortunatly, if I were replacing dumb town who was overreacting, that's also what I'd do. All this really proves is that Wb seems to be reasonable and does what I'd do as a replacement. Not exactly damning.

It's really annoying. I'm going to keep my vote on bogg/Wb for right now, as I thought the predecessor was scum, and I'm reserving judgement on the replacement.

Confirm vote:Wolfbullet
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:27 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Wolfbullet wrote:Actually I'm going to finger another person. I've been re-reading the topic again and I have a tiny feeling that mcpaltp may be a goon. Just re-read where he votes. Its subtlely done but it is there. He has been on every bandwagon.

"Accidently" puts in the third vote for zazq (now Franzie)
Had a vote on Flameaxe when it was 3 although he was the one to withdraw it. 24 hours passed without the 4th vote so maybe thought he needed to keep up appearances. If coxy was inactive at that time and is a scumbag then it would make sense to withdraw. By withdrawing it also gives the impression that he is pro-town and does not want to risk losing a player.
Changes vote to Boggzie/me after Flameaxe seems to be given the benefit of the doubt and I appear to be the new bandwagon.

Coxy was also trying to vote zazq/Franzie off so I'm not sure about them being scumbuddies now. Coxy/mcpaltp could also be possible though. Coxy removed the 3rd vote on zazq which could be because himself and mcpaltp had already voted on him and a pro-town player would be most reluctant to hammer someone. Keeping 3 votes on someone for a long period of time would be suspect and as above removing your vote will remove some suspicion.
That's some pretty rockin' analysis there. I hope that you are town, because you sure seem like you have a good eye for patterns and suchlike.

That said, I'll admit that I do tend to wear my suspicions on my sleeve, and whoever is the scummiest at any given time from my point of view gets my vote. All you have to do to tell what I'm thinking is look at his vote history.

All of the reasoning in all of my posts explains pretty thouroughly whatever it was that I was thinking at the time that I made the post.

I think you are a canny player. That is a good part of why I'm not unvoting you here.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:39 am

Post by mcpaltp »

85%?! Welp, the other 15% is death miller, so buyer beware.

Analyse this!

In the wabe flagomp weeble hingant, sloop nana shawomp, neeee ta-banking. SHOOP SHOOP SHOOP. I repeat, SHOOP SHOOP SHOOP. Tooooolopana caloooh frabjous shalamabama. Mister Coventry Pistol Accountant Lagomorph Taxation Peanut.

Confronted with a cunning adversary, our dashing hero jumps up on the table and grabs hold of the hanging lamp, swing across the room onto the oaken bannister. "This is just the place for a Snark!"

La la la la la. I'm not listening!

or am I?

I'm not

Ok, I really am.

In wisdom lies the seeds of defeat. Choose with care, for the reasonable argument of today is the poisoned meal of tomorrow.

In this post there are three hidden messages. The first one to find at least two is the winner.

Go!

ps the answer is SHOOP SHOOP SHOOP.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:26 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Sorry folks, I'm not scum, but at least this will take the game out of day one. Town: please pay close attention to who votes for me. There is a strong case against me, but paying attention to who votes for me and when is extrememly important. These next posts are crucial and if you are town, I'd recommend explaining why you are voting for me very carefuly.

Consider who brought the case and think with your gut-- reasoning can lead you down false paths and cloud your judgment. We have some very good deductive reasoners here and logic is a powerful weapon. Use your gut too.

I did change up my votes quite a bit, so there would actually be some decent pressure on several posters to see how they would react. Look at that, too. I've never lied. Remember that.

Even if you don't beleive me now, take a look back on what I've said after the flip. you'll beleive me than.

Good luck!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:28 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oh yeah: I'll reiterate here:

I have no defense against the case Wb has raised against me. Just read what I've said and you guys should be fine.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:43 am

Post by mcpaltp »

:wink: NabNab, that wasn't the joke.

Town! Make sure
everyone
weighs in on the lynch, as the information gleaned from that should drive day 2 so it doesn't drag on forever like day 1. Lynch me if you think I'm scummy (and you probably do, I think I look pretty dang scummy at this point), but make sure everyone puts in a substantial explanation of why they are voting for me.

Also, Bw has let the whole scum-jumping thing out of the bag, so if the scum are new (unlikely considering all of the replacements) then they should know about this now.

Oooh! also look at how people respond to each of the posts made on this page. It should speak volumes.

Please win this one, town! Don't waste a townie death!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:29 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Wolfbullet wrote:Since I'm so sure mcpaltp is scum I thought I'd think more about who is scumbuddy is and this is what I have come up with. Least likely to most likely:

Me - Obviously I know I'm not. Proof for the rest of you is the fact I'm going after him and he is voting for me.
BEEEEEEEP BEEEP BEEEEEEEEP! ZOMG! Mcpaltp had a vote on me before I even entered the game! What an OMGUSer! Is what I'm seeing here.

Also, I'm glad you think youa are town, that's a load of my mind. :roll:

I have not liked how Boggs was acting before you came in due to his response to the (very useful, I think) FA gambit that seemed to enrage him and start freaking out, OMGUSing and trying to deflect attention from himself. Coupled with his on-again off-again attacks on NabNab and claims of his attacks being a gambit, but freaking out when hit by one himself, he seemed the scummiest to me after the FA dust settled.

When you replaced in, you seemed to try and distance yourself from your predecessor as much as possible, then go after the fella (me) who still kept his vote on you after the cangeover. THe people may change, but the roles stay the same.

Your actions pursuing me seem a little scummy to me, but my vote is staying mostly due to lack of other, scummier pargets and Boggzie's actions.
Franzie - Put on to -1 by mcpaltp by mistake. So I don't think they are. Franzie was one of the people to be voting Flameaxe when he went -1 so it is still possible.
I think this guy is town. He has been very upfront about his reasoning and just feels ok in my gut.
Flameaxe - mcpaltp had a vote on him when he went to -1. However mcpaltp was the one to remove his vote first to take it back to -2. As I said though I think he may have done this as the hammer wasn't falling quick enough. Removing the vote makes him look good.
I love this guy! I wasn't expecting such a lovely gambit in a vewbie game and it blind-sided me a bit. It was bold, zesty and exciting! It flushed Boggzie out in my mind, and helped solidify several of my opinions. Sorry for getting so upset at you there, FA. BFF?
NabakovNabakov - One of the people not targeted by mcpaltp at all. I would also go as far as to say they have a similar play style the difference being NN has not voted at all where mcpaltp has voted often. I think he is town though as he has been an active player throughout and there has been many oppurtunities where 1 or 2 votes could have lynced someone and it has not happened yet.
Seems cool to me! I agree with your analysis. However, I would not place too much stock in the he had chances to hammer, but didn't go for it argument, as whenver I'm scum I tend to try and encourage others to hammer or be the later votes and let the townies do the work. That bit of WIFOM is easy to see by all.
coxy/martini - coxy really seemed scummy early on. His vote someone off because they are inactive post was really bad. Also had a vote on Franzie (then zazq I think) when he went to -1 but he was the one to remove it. He also went inactive which like I said might have saved Flameaxes life when he went to -1. martini though doesn't appear as scummy. He also pointed out two of the quotes I used above and like I said they are prety major. Not enough to remove coxys scumminess but does go a long way. Again not targeted by mcpaltp.
Oh Coxy. Both him and martini are just pinging as very new, with neither scummy or townie really coming out for me. Could very well be scum, but I frankly have not been paying that much attention to them. (ZOMG scumbuddies!)
Selande - Selande is a bit of a wildcard which is why she is down here. desolator has been inactive the entire game and because of that seems to have fallen of the radar a little bit. When you think about it though if mcpaltp is scum then if his partner has been inactive it would make a fair bit of sense why events have turned out as they have. desolator was away when both Franzie and Flameaxe went to -1 so that could explain why they have not been lynced. Also if coxy/martini is on the towns side then that would be why he removed his vote on Franzie. Again not targeted by mcpaltp.
Intense lurking, but Selande is not seeming all that scummy to me. All of these replacemnts are getting me down :( .
When mcpaltp replies along with what NN wants as to who you think the scum are I'd like to hear your thoughts on each person as well.
You happy now? <:x>

My current guesses for scum are:

WolfBullet (OMGUS! It's gotta be!)
and one of the lurker/replacements: Martini or Selande.

NabNab, Franzie, and Flameaxe would blindside me a bit, but it not out of the realm of possibility.

Oh, and town? Don't worry, I will not be pulling any of that emo self-voting crap if I do get voted to -1. Just make sure to look at whoever is
leading or jumping on
the lynch, not just who ends the lynch or takes it the -1. Timing is also not as good of a tell as it could be, as scum can see that obvious scumtell.

MoistCairnsPutresingAir,TroublingPollution.

MostCunningPlayersAreLyingToProfit?

I love my name.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:44 am

Post by mcpaltp »

mcpaltp wrote:BEEEEEEEP BEEEP BEEEEEEEEP! ZOMG! Mcpaltp had a vote on me before I even entered the game! What an OMGUSer! Is what I'm seeing here.

Also, I'm glad you think youa are town, that's a load off my mind. :roll:

I have not liked how Boggs was acting before you came in due to his response to the (very useful, I think) FA gambit that seemed to enrage him and start freaking out, OMGUSing and trying to deflect attention from himself. Coupled with his on-again off-again attacks on NabNab and claims of his attacks being a gambit, but freaking out when hit by one himself, he seemed the scummiest to me after the FA dust settled.

When you replaced in, you seemed to try and distance yourself from your predecessor as much as possible, then go after the fella (me) who still kept his vote on you after the changeover. The people may change, but the roles stay the same.

Your actions pursuing me seem a little scummy to me, but my vote is staying mostly due to lack of other, scummier targets and Boggzie's actions.
*slightly edited for many spelling errors, yikes!*

This was on the bottom of the last page. Maybe you missed it. Here, I'll italicise the bit that sums up the argument.

p.s. Love the attack on anyone else who finds you suspicious. :wink: ZOMG! Mcpaltp doesn't find many people scummy in a mini where people keep getting replaced! More news at 11.

pps. I'm really not trying to be mean. :oops:

Also, I didn't notice that you were from Scotland and use "canny" deliberately. I just like the word. Does it have a particular significance or is it just more commonly used over there? I
was
married in a kilt, though. (Not a proper tartan, Utilikilts out of Seatle, I like showing off my calves). It was pretty sweet.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:10 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I tell you, martini, I have a bit of a hard time telling where you are coming from. Could you clarify, in your own words, what you think about the players? If you don't have time for everybody, just elaborate on me and Wb. Thanks in advance.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:41 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Hey lurkers/fellas who haven't really put a strong opinion or vote down. Yeah, you! Whadda think of what's going on here? Do you have any qestions or comments? If the questions are about me, I can answer them reasonably. If they are on somebody else, I can speculate wildly or find a strong case. Knowing me, probably the former.

I'm dyin' in here!

Oh, btw, nice leading, NabNab, all tellin' FA what to do. ZOMG scum! (Not really. I don't think either of you are scum as of right now.) And as for the retroactive suspicion comment, It was FA's smoking out of Boggs that really convinced me. If you'd like, I could keep a running total of scumminess levels or something like that, but those tend to be more than just a little lame. I like my current policy of voting for whomever I think is scummiest at the time. It leaves a good paper trail an helps keep things moving. No FoS for me!

Franzie, the case against me is pretty good. It's coming to the wrong conclusion, but it is good. Why are you not believing it? Just curious, really, I may have just missed the justification.

On a less snarky note, NabNab, I finally realised what your name was refering to, and I'll concede its awesome cleverness. (Achewood is kickin' rad, too.) Why don't you like my handle, though? Ooh! and what do you think it means? Feel free to make snarky anagrams! That last one is an open question, fyi.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:11 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oh you got me, I must be scum. Franzie, I told you not to defend me too much! It'll look scummy! It'll look bad when I flip scu-- waitta minute, I'm not scum! what was I thinking?

Franzie may or may not be scum. Like hell if I know. I'm thinking town, but in no way am I sure. You sure seem sure, though. Boy is your face gonna be red when I flip town, dude.

I predict that due to all of the noise that I'm making, WB will switch his scrutiny to somebody else (probably Franzie) that seems "connected" with me. When they flip, if scum(great busing, dude) he can do the whole "aha!" moment and finger me as confirmed scum. If town, he can just go for the "sorry guys I guess I was wrong. :( Mcpaltp is still scum though. Lynch him!" With two scum left, he will have a majority with his scumbuddy and the scum will win.

It's a brilliant plan and that's what I'd do as scum.

Notice him cooling on me a little bit and starting to put feelers out on others? It's because I seemed like an easy lynch, and he is afraid of how he'll look when I flip town. I'll give you good odds that he knows full well who the town and who the scum are. He'll go for another lynch and "save" me for later.

The way I see it is either lynch Wolfbullet, or lynch me. I'm just vanilla, so it's not like you'll be missing a doctor or cop power, and it'll indicate pretty clearly that Wb is scum so at least you'll have a chance at lylo. IF you lynch Wb, hitting scum, I'll have a decent chance of getting night-killed and you should have a little leeway as the days go on.

Seriously, I win with town, so if everyone is too suspicious of me to let me live, kill me! Just please win afterwards, ok?

And hey, about the whole -1 thing: oops! I made a mistake and fixed it asap. I realised it after, what, a couple of minutes? If that's what you want to try and pin on me, cool. I see it as you digging your own grave for when I flip town.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:18 am

Post by mcpaltp »

NabakovNabakov wrote: Notice that I misspelled his name (the one part of the profile one can't change). I think of you as MC Paltap, resident MafiaScum rap superstar. Taking out that "a" makes the whole thing lose its bounce. (Seriously, that's the first thing I thought when I saw your name)

Two actual things:

1) The case can't be good and come to the wrong conclusion. Either the case is wrong, or the conclusion is correct.
2)The retroactive justification comment was aimed at Franzie. I don't like how a lot of players have ended up explaining their votes only under questioning. Is it really that hard to post an explanation of why you're voting for somebody at the time you vote? (And referring to one or two lines 20 posts ago doesn't cut it; if that was enough to convince you, you would have voted then)
Aw snap NabyNaby/You have me in your sights
Feeling kinda crabby?/I may be dead tonight
Forum rap superstar/I'm gonna make it right
I may make it far/My name's gonna be in lights

I feel a record deal coming on!

1) You are right, I'll clarify: The argument was
presented persuasively and well reasoned
but it's a bad case and is wrong. Better?
2) Cool. If I live I'll try and be extra explicit in my reasoning. I guess I've been a little lax. (zomg breadcrumb "xxx")
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:00 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Nice damage control for justifying why you won't be nightkilled tonight when I flip town.

And as for the timing thing: oops. didn't fact check. I guess I was thinking of another game. Ya got me. Newbie mistake? :haw:

Oh, and Franzie, I sure hope you are town, because Wb (resident scum) has given you a free pass from nightkills. Kickin' rad.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:16 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Wth all of the pressure you are starting to lay on him, the scum (which include you, in all liklihood) will want to keep him around for another night. "Saving" easy lynches is a common scum tactic. Also, I honestly expect to be lynched today, so I'm just trying to give tips to the town so I can still win.

All I'm sayin' is that I'm pretty darn positive that Franzie will not be killed tonight. If he's scum, duh. If he's town, the scum would potentially like to keep him around for an easy lynch later.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:19 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oh yeah, I think you are scum, but the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm town. If I screwed up here, and you do flip town after the lynch, I'm probably screwed. We'll see though. I'm pretty darn sure you are scum.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

So why haven't I been lynched yet, guyz? You can do better than this!

I think the scum are sweating as to how to damage-control after I die and flip town. I bet you wish you had a janitor now, huh?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:59 am

Post by mcpaltp »

welp, enjoy lynching town, then. What the heck are you going to say if/when I flip town? Humor me.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:56 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Sweet. I hope you quote that.

PS I'm not this abrasive in real life, you seem like you are a fine guy, no hard feelings either way?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:07 am

Post by mcpaltp »

And as for no defense, there is nothing I can say to (roughly) "you were on at X time, y happened at this time! Pretty damning!" other than oh snap, coincidence! Which is just lame. That's why I'm waving my arms around so much, hoping I hit some scum so my death isn't meaningless. Your dogged persistence means that either you are bold scum confidant in your ability to spin my town result, or actually town. Huh.

##unvote:WolfBullet

I would lay a vote on Franzie for defending me, but by now, I'm starting to get really suspicious of the folks who haven't chimed in "yup, he's acting scummy", as I've been
trying so hard.
Remember: scum like to sow the seeds of confusion. Seriously folks, do I need to stand on a chair?

/stands on chair

Oh yeah, I went there. I'm on the chair now.

Let's see what happens! Maybe if i switch my vote enough, people will think I'm scummy enough to vote for me. Gosh.

##Vote:Selande
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #50) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:06 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Fine.

##Unvote

I'm going to take a break for a day or so. If I'm not dead when I come back, I'll take another look at everything and re-evaluate.

Sorry for being crappy.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:30 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Bah, don't let my death be in vain!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #52) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:07 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Hey guys, good game.

Sorry for acting so freak-outy, but I just couldn't think of a good response to the accusations. I sort of wanted to see what it felt like to be the brunt of a melt-down so I'd know how it felt.

By the time I got lynched, I was pretty sure that Wb was town, so that was good. I wasn't so sure of Franzie, but good call on that. Good call on martini, too.

It was fun, but boy was the pace glacial.

Sorry if I annoyed or made anyone sad.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”