Newbie Game #489 - Murder in Smallburg (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:03 am

Post by martini »

okay guys,
I'm replacing coxy52k, but can't say much about the game yet :P
I will post more after I have read the whole topic, which will probably be tonight or tomorrow.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:14 am

Post by martini »

hah! I read it all.

currently I think this about people:

# desolator/Selande:
hmm... hasn't really said anything contributing
desolator wrote:My appoligies to those that were looking foward to my analisis, for I have had a hecticly busy day and shall post upon the subject tomarrow if I am able.
and then he disappeared.
so I can't really say anything about him

# mcpaltp:
a L-1 vote in the beginning, buyt seems to be accidental.
looked quite gpro-town in te mcpaltp/flameaxe discussion, but after that:
mcpaltp wrote:In all seriousness, I was actually most suspicous of Boggzie before Flameaxe distracted me with the whole no-justification thing. I havn't liked the way he responded to Flameaxe after the intial discussion I had with him died down, and I liked the scum-baiting gambit Flameaxe pulled.
while
mcpaltp wrote:I'm not coming down strongly on either side of the bogggzie/N-N debate, as neither of them seem all that scummy.
is the only thing he really said about him.

seems pretty okay for the rest

# Franzie:
has been suspicious of boggzie since he joined the game, but halfway jumped to flameaxe.
Franzie wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Franzie wrote: Tell you what. I'll be a good sport about it and give you a fighting chance. I'll answer your questions if you can tell us - in a mature way - what you found out doing what you did. I'm pretty sure you won't have an answer, but I figure you can have a chance. Not that you've done anything to deserve it so far...
I usually don't like answering for other people, but this is ridiculous.
Yeah...In my opinion, he hadn't provided anything to the discussion thus far. Then he responded to that really well, I think. So, I'm back to three suspects and no leads, hence the lack of vote.
this also contradicts I think, or did I misread it?

# Boggzie:
I really don't know what to say about him..

# Flameaxe:
started with an unexplained vote, which I found a bit suspicious when I read it but it was a reaction test.
he hasn't done mouch else yet

# coxy52k/martini:
I'm protown obviously :P

# NabakovNabakov:
He seems a bit town. He's also being very helpful.

I just noticed the pieces I wrote became shorter as I wrote more of them :P

I find Franzie and Boggzie most supicious, Flameaxe I don't know.
NabakovNabakov tending to town, even more so for Mcpaltp.
I totally don't know about desolator/Selande, as they have hardly posted.

this might change though :P
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:58 am

Post by martini »

mcpaltp wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Martini wrote: # Boggzie:
More please.

Boggzie is currently the top suspect of many; he has made a number of large posts and elicted a number of reactions. Copping out on any sort of commentary is suspicious.
~ZOMG scumbuddies~ serious: seconding this ~ZOMG scumbuddies~
okay...
who are you saying are scumbuddies? :P
I am rereading his posts again now. He posted a lot (of long posts) :/
that might have kept me from trying to understand every little bit.
will post lateron (I hope because I almost have to quit pc)
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:22 am

Post by martini »

hey, a double post.

I quickly reread it again, and the one thing that I noticed is that he has been suspicious of N^2 for almost the whole game already. I don't know whether that's good or bad though.
the whole discussion between franzie, flameaxe and boggzie made all three of them feel suspicious, but I wasn't sure.
In the beginning he was acting a bit strange, (together with zazq, as far as I remember)
but I find the rest of boggzie's posts pretty good actually.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:36 am

Post by martini »

hmm...
another replacement.
Didn't post last night as I didn't have enough time.

The last post has changed my view about mcpaltp, and about you. I don't know now.
following what you say, the most likely pair would be Franzie/ mcpaltp.
""Accidently" puts in the third vote for zazq (now Franzie) "
this makes it less likely though.
Still don't think Nabakov is scum
yeah, where is Selande
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:37 am

Post by martini »

OMG I like missed a whole page :P
let me read it
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:42 am

Post by martini »

okay, I don't really know what to say about this page except:
Post 135:
mcpaltp wrote:
Scummiest player by far. Vote stuck, barring some monumental event.

Flameaxe says it was a cunning plan to get some reaction. That is apparently a monumental event because...
Post 154:
mcpaltp wrote:
Unvote:Flameaxe

He was at -1. I think we can actually get some more info out of this situation. I have a very limited time to post, so I'll explain later, but I don't want to see us lynch too quickly, here. (Fa -2)

The explanation never came by the way. This is followed by..
except for "The explanation never came by the way.", why did you quote this.
I don't get it.

and:
My reads on the two quotes:

1: Boggzie answered so he wouldn't be called scummy.
2: Boggzie didn't want to be part of a scum pushed wagon.

Just what I see.
that's just rewording what it says...
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:57 am

Post by martini »

Wolfbullet wrote:
martini wrote:except for "The explanation never came by the way.", why did you quote this.
I don't get it.
The first part (post 135) I quoted to show that he voted Flameaxe and thought he was the scummiest player.

The second part (post 154) I quoted to show he then unvoted without giving a decent reason. Like I said Flameaxe revealing it was random isn't exactly monumental. It was basically to further show his bandwagon jumping.

Unless I've misunderstood what your asking and Flameaxe is right and you have mixed up the quote and commentary. The "The explanation never came by the way. This is followed by.. " is what I wrote.
exactly

Don't have time to say much now
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:59 am

Post by martini »

okay this game is running fast.
last week was very busy, but I should have more time from now on.
I'm working on a longer post right now
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:36 am

Post by martini »

aargh have to go again
I'll post tonight then. (and yes I will)
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:01 am

Post by martini »

I still think mcpaltp is scum over wolfbullet.

hey, a new post.
Selande wrote:

coxy/martini

Coxy's most noticeable contribution was his lurking/inactive discussion with N-N, where he didn't seem able or willing to understand N-N's arguments. I don't know which of these options is true, so I'm unsure about the scumminess.

Martini in his second post says about Boggzie:
But:
I find Franzie and Boggzie most supicious,
Later he adds:
I quickly reread it again, and the one thing that I noticed is that he has been suspicious of N^2 for almost the whole game already. I don't know whether that's good or bad though.
the whole discussion between franzie, flameaxe and boggzie made all three of them feel suspicious, but I wasn't sure.
In the beginning he was acting a bit strange, (together with zazq, as far as I remember)
but I find the rest of boggzie's posts pretty good actually.
On the other hand he notes a major inconsistency in mcpalpt's play and finds him tending to town. Also, boggzie and Franzie warrant suspicion for the discussion with Flameaxe, but mcpalpt looks pro-town because of it?

When Wolfbullet enters the game, martini quickly changes his opinion and now suspects mcpalpt and Franzie, without giving his own reasons.
note: that just changed my opinion about mcpaltp, made me reread his posts, after which I found him suspicious. (reasons: the contradiction I already pointed out, and the things wb pointed out

Hm, don't like his play too much.
Yes, this. Even though I'm one, I'm still getting a bit confused.

Thank you for confirming some of the details about wolfbullet. Do or die?

vote: Wolfbullet

Also...most people are referring to "mcpaltp" as "mcpaltAp" and that's really triggering my OCD. I'm looking at you, N-N.

Obligatory Lynch-1 warning.
this vote seems really scummy

franzie still is the #2 suspect

the last two pages everyone posted quite okay, except that last post...

scumlist:
mcpaltp
franzie
wolfbullet
flameaxe
selande
nabakovnabakov
martini
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:12 am

Post by martini »

Franzie you are obviously scum.
I think too.
Franzie wrote:Don't have much time now (I'm late for university) but I investigated NabNab overnight and he came up scum.

Vote: NabakovNabakov

If there's a doc, now's a good time to think about protecting me.

Also, that's a mildly amusing kill...our good mod is apparently a joker.
:) Too bad he was just a vanilla townie though.
Is this about the NK ? :shock: Scum!
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:12 am

Post by martini »

martini I think we are waiting on you to post something in your own words which not a giant quote with I agree next to it.
sorry I couldn't access the pc for the last two days :( but I'm back here :)
for some reason mafia games need more time of your life than I expected :P

Well.. I think it's quite obvious franzie is scum.
Yesterday (day 1) he buddied up with mcpaltp, and then suddenly lynched him.
today he claims cop with a guilty investigation on someone that seemed quite town.
For the rest, I think nabakov and wolfbullet have seemed less scummy than franzie throughout the game.
yes, I will
vote: Franzie
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:59 pm

Post by martini »

geez what a long night.
Well.. let's start.
I'm a cop.
My investigations:

N1: Franzie (guilty) (he was very suspicious because of the hammer, and quite likely scum, so if he was and we would've gone lynching somebody else, I could've claimed cop and get scum lynched anyway, because we'd be at lylo)
I didn't claim because he would probably get lynched anyway because of his cop claim.

N2: Selande (innocent) (he was the most suspicious and therefore probably wouldn't get NKed and if both Selande and me survived the night I'd know who the scum is, which I do now)

That makes WolfBullet scum.
vote: WolfBullet

I put my reasons for investigating next to the results.
I don't know whether I can get online this afternoon and tomorrow.
I'll try to though :)
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 am

Post by martini »

Wolfbullet wrote:I don't know how Franzie and martini decided to play it but they done the same thing on day 2.

I had wrongly gone after mcpaltp and instead of trying to get me lynched Franzie decided to claim cop and go after NN for some reason. martini has pulled the same tactic for whatever reason.
obviously Franzie wouldn't want to lynch you, as he's you partner, and me wanting to lynch you is because you're scum

If I had got into the topic first I'd have claimed and martini would be the one counter-claiming so please don't base your decison on that.

Also note coxy only goes after zazq and not Franzie when he replaces. The reason for this is that zazq was inactive and a useless player. If coxy was able to bus him early on it makes him look good for the rest of the game, he doesn't have to worry about how his partner will play. Even in one of his posts he says that he thinks lynching an inactive player is a good thing. When Franzie replaces he drops his vote and accusations cause now he has an active partner again.
really, he just seems to think lynching inactives is good
Selande wrote: And if Wolfbullet is scum, counterclaiming is his only chance in this situation.
He could also have claimed townie getting lynched by fake cop, right?
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:35 am

Post by martini »

Wolfbullet wrote:
martini wrote:obviously Franzie wouldn't want to lynch you, as he's you partner,
Dig your own grave much? Look who was the first person to vote Franzie. I sure as hell wanted to lynch him. Your logic must apply backwards so that I would not want to lynch Franzie which is obviously not true.
Franzie was the most suspicious at the time, I don't think he would have bussed you, the not that suspicious player, to get a bit less suspicious. You bussing him was a better idea, to get people to suspect you even less.

You on the other hand put a vote on Franzie but never really made any good posts as to why. You had one with two or three lines and that was it. If you didn't vote him you would be a scum suspect like how Selande ended up and if you did you lost your partner, so you reluctantly put a vote on him when it was apparent that his cop claim failed horribly.
No, I knew he was scum because of the investigation, and thus I wanted to lynch him, but I didn't vote until more people had said what they thought, because I wanted to find scum. You however simply voted.

martini wrote:He could also have claimed townie getting lynched by fake cop, right?
I don't know if you meant to help me but your right if I was scum I could have claimed vanilla townie. Why then would I pick cop as my claim? If I was scum it'd make more sense to say I was townie after so many have claimed cop.
It is very WIFOMy.
I just said that because it was another possibility.
Maybe you claimed cop because you thought with your 'clues' you could convince Selande that you're the cop, it is very hard to prove you are a vanilla townie.

And the answer is because I'm telling the truth and am the cop. Simple as that.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:06 am

Post by martini »

Wolfbullet wrote: Thanks for posting yours and Franzies plan on night 1. So because Franzie had acted so badly on day 1 you both decided he should be bussed and then people would suspect you less.

If you were the real cop you would have convinced people to vote against him which is what I done. I made a good sized post and done my best to get the fellow townies to vote against him without revealing my identity. You did not.
And if you were the real cop at that stage in the game you don't need any clues as to who the scum partner is because you can investigate someone who you are nearly sure will live through the night and then win the game regardless of the result which again is what I done.

true, but I only thought of that at the start of night 2 :P

And I simply voted? I could go back and quote my entire vote/post but this post is big enough.
I mean you immediately started voting.

martini wrote:It is very WIFOMy.
I just said that because it was another possibility.
Maybe you claimed cop because you thought with your 'clues' you could convince Selande that you're the cop, it is very hard to prove you are a vanilla townie.
Its harder to prove you are a cop espcially when claiming against someone who has already claimed cop. And don't get annoyed cause you and Franzie were too blind to see the clues and night kill the real cop.
sorry can't post more right now, so I will post the rest tomorrow.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:57 am

Post by martini »

Wolfbullet wrote:Thanks for posting yours and Franzies plan on night 1. So because Franzie had acted so badly on day 1 you both decided he should be bussed and then people would suspect you less.
Nope, but because of that response I guess it was actually your plan :P, and really, I don't think people suspected me less after Franzie was lynched.
Wolfbullet wrote:Its harder to prove you are a cop espcially when claiming against someone who has already claimed cop.
really? I'd think it would've been harder to prove townie-ness than cop-ness
Wolfbullet wrote:So because I knew 100% he was scum and voted quickly I'm scum and not the cop?
No. well.. you are scum, but this was just a difference with my play, so I said it. I don't think it quite proves it.

Whilst you who is meant to be a cop and knew he was a 100% decided to wait?
I wanted to think of who to investigate. And only at the beginning of night 2 I thought of the fact that I could just investigate a scummy person and know who scum was if he/she survived

Logic messed up much?
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:30 am

Post by martini »

Wolfbullet wrote:
martini wrote:I wanted to think of who to investigate. And only at the beginning of night 2 I thought of the fact that I could just investigate a scummy person and know who scum was if he/she survived
So even though the game has been playing for however many real time days you never figured out this simple game winning tactic until night 2...even though you have been a member on this board for a couple of months...and even though a complete newbie like me whose first game it is figured it out on the first day of joining the game. And it has absolutely nothing to do with you being scum and have messed up your story.

Right yeah thats totally what happened. :roll:
dude, this is just my second game, and my first game as cop. I never even heard of this 'simple winning tactic', I'm glad I thought of it night 2.
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 am

Post by martini »

That's exactly what I thought :P
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:48 am

Post by martini »

Selande wrote:Guys, sorry to let you wait so long. I've been ill, but now I'm back at work. Probably no time today, but I intent to post Friday.
I'm glad you're back :)
martini
martini
Goon
martini
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:35 am

Post by martini »

Dammit :P
Btw, Wolfbullet, for some reason I had a feeling you were cop :P
Well, this was my first game as Mafia, and I think I learned from it, so that's good :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”