Newbie 1762: Frequent Flyers - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Titus »

Hi. My name is Titus. I am your IC for this game. I have a few major functions in this game. First, is to ensure you have fun. Second, if you're town, my job is to show you there is no one true way to scumhunt. Don't feel pressure to confirm, but do feel pressure to convey what you think. I may be a veteran, but my vote is worth just as much as yours and my thoughts just as important.

I am also here to introduce certain ascepts of site meta. While these are not "rules", they are usually done barring really good reason for not doing them.

I also cannot ever lie about ideal strategy or role function. (That doesn't mean I am correct, just that I believe it to be).

Right now, we are in RVS stage. This is where players vote randomly until they get a good suspect.

VOTE: Dunnstral

I will answer any question or define terms as it arises. I feel that's more effective than a wall of definitions. (If the latter is more effective for you, I will start immediately).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8, PsychoticDave wrote:It's my birthday and I'm drunk, so...
I'm going to dodge this thread until my hangover ends in the morning.
Happy Birthday.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 13, ironstove wrote:hi all, I don't think I've played with any of you yet except dunn unless you're on new accounts, looking forward to a fun game

VOTE: dunn

Because you look familiar
Alts are banned in the newbie queue. Nice to meet you.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Titus »

In post 17, PsychoticDave wrote:
In post 12, knightmare wrote:The theme is based off of planes I'm assuming?

That's kind of cool considering I'm actually an aircraft mech IRL

Which pretty much makes me an expert here

glgl
I didn't know Newbie games had themes.
For a newbie game, mods can write their own flavor. It has nothing game relevance.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Titus »

UNVOTE: Dunnstral
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Titus »

PsychoticDave temporarily put Dunn at L minus 1 until I unvoted. L minus 1 means 1 vote away from lynch. Please announce that in the future
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 49, knightmare wrote:@Titus - are you unvoting simply because you don't want someone to hammer on accident or because you disagree with Dave's vote? Any opinions/thoughts you wanna share?

@Dave - same question.

@Dunn - now would be a good time to apply that tell you were going for earlier ;)
Both.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 54, knightmare wrote:That was a two part question :)
Both. Not yet.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 57, knightmare wrote:Is that really the case or are you like playing the IC part and not wanting to present your views yet to prevent influencing the thread with your position?
Both. Sometimes you learn more by listening. I am thinking something might happen.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #67 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Titus »

In post 63, -Grey- wrote:
In post 58, Titus wrote:
In post 57, knightmare wrote:Is that really the case or are you like playing the IC part and not wanting to present your views yet to prevent influencing the thread with your position?
Both. Sometimes you learn more by listening. I am thinking something might happen.
Don't sit back too long.

If you're town, you should want to be as productive possible while you're still alive to contribute.

If you're not dead before MyLo, I'm voteparking you if I'm still alive because you're either scum or criminally bad.

An experienced player should be able to sniff out scum if town, especially lesser experienced scum. If you can't or won't, it's because you have reason not to.
I like you. Don't change your personality. The mylo comment is a little :/ but I love you holding your own.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Titus »

In post 62, -Grey- wrote:Not a random vote, btw.

Echo is scummy af.
Explain.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #76 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 73, -Grey- wrote:
In post 68, Titus wrote:
In post 62, -Grey- wrote:Not a random vote, btw.

Echo is scummy af.
Explain.
Forced levity, disassembling.
Disassembling?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #85 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by Titus »

Let's see what happens.

Imma do this for lulz.

Who is with me?

VOTE: knightmare the obvtown
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 86, knightmare wrote:I don't see the humor.

Titus are you scum? I'm beginning to really think so.
You are such a spoil sport.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #109 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Titus »

In post 91, knightmare wrote:"I'm gonna do this for lulz"

I fully expect more from a person that's supposed to be an "IC"

TBH the more I play on this site the more I realize it's a joke. The majority of you would get rekt if you played on my home forum.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Titus for sucking balls
You are new. I did this as an IC because you fail to value the absurd as either alignment. The Gamestate felt wrong, so I trolled a bit. This reeks of sour grapes and my home site is better so it must be right. My trolling is not that severe, and I don't do it often. Occasionally though, the game needs a moment of absurdity.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #110 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Titus »

Sometimes the front door doesn't get the best results.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #111 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Titus »

My job as the IC is to show you how to scumhunt, not be an expert everyone follows to the absence of their own opinion. While I have played a laxidaisical approach, you and Grey are busy fighting each other over methods, which benefits no one. That's why we get wagons on l minus 1 "because drunk". Now, I don't know why y'all feel compelled to peacock, but it needs to stop as it blocks reading you. You both are acting superior and knightmare is reflexively scumreading that. (he could be right, but it is unlikely).

VOTE: Dave
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #114 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Titus »

I think my post chain answers your questions as well.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #119 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 118, -Grey- wrote:
In post 117, knightmare wrote:UNVOTE:
I told you so.
Was I not clear on the tude? It's not helping sort you. Drop the guard.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #122 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Titus »

Rephrase please, Grey?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #124 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Titus »

Well, you're hiring a scab.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #154 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Titus »

That is a very off nightkill. I was fully prepared to explain policy lynches if I lived, only to have scum do that for us.

We should hear from everyone, but I am not enthused by nightmare stating I learned nothing from the interactions and choices I made.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #159 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 155, Ecks Dee wrote:Two of my scumreads were town. This is not a good sign for my mafia career.
In post 152, knightmare wrote:Missed that hammer before I could come back and read up from Sunday night. Again - my apologies for the outburst cause I'm usually a lot more level than that but it had been a long night and I had a lot of booze :dead:

I standby saying the vote from Titus was ~weird for an experienced player. Like if the intent was to break up the tension between me and Grey (which I don't think there was any) I don't see the point. Wouldn't a townie want that interaction to flesh out to get better reads on both slots? That and their overall lack of involvement so far has me suspicious of them.

Sort of glad scum picked off Grey cause I was probably going to push him toDay for his EV case and hammer.

I can see the points against Dunn but I'm not sold there yet. Would like to see them and fitz interact a bit more. I liked fitz's question on pg2 (?) cause it was similar to my own in the moment.

I'll slot EV and ironstove at null for now until I can get a better read on them.

VOTE: Titus
This case on Titus isn't completely unreasonable. That point about tension between you and Grey might be true, but it didn't really appear that way tbh. But that isn't a good way to stop hostilities. A simple "Hey, you two, knock it off" could have sufficed. But totally diverting attention away from that?
At the same time though, why would he do so? What motivation would he have for that, particularly if neither them is one of his scum buddies? (Which would have to be knightmare.) TL;DR: Maybe, but i disagree. At this point, the main way I see Titus as possibly scum is if knightmare is also scum.
Assuming you're town here, ask yourself why you were wrong.

I am not a fan of knightmare's entry. 1) he copies the drunk excuse 2) everyone but me is null.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #160 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Titus »

In post 158, knightmare wrote:
In post 154, Titus wrote:That is a very off nightkill. I was fully prepared to explain policy lynches if I lived, only to have scum do that for us.

We should hear from everyone, but I am not enthused by nightmare stating I learned nothing from the interactions and choices I made.
I'd love for you to share.

If I missed something please direct me
That you're fronting or being awkwardly focused.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #161 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 156, havingfitz wrote:
In post 137, ironstove wrote:as an FYI newbie games I've been in the past normally have somewhere around 11-13 players, this is the first time I've been in one with 9 as a starting roster.
I count 5 Newbie games in your history on this site. All with 9 player rosters requiring 5 votes to lynch.

VOTE: ironstove
This doesn't seem to be AI or something anyone would lie about. This is quite the stretch. Not liking knightmare promoting this either.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #163 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Titus »

Why would ironstove be lying as opposed to referencing off site newbie games? Why did you ignore my comments? #sideeye
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #165 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 157, knightmare wrote:Lynch All Liars?
IC hat: Lynch all liars is a policy lynch. It argues any player that lies should be lynched, unless the innocent child. A policy lynch occurs when lynching a player for anti-town behavior that is established rather than outright scumreading them.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #167 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Titus »

In post 164, havingfitz wrote:
In post 161, Titus wrote:This doesn't seem to be AI or something anyone would lie about.
Why make the comment? To deflect heat?

He has at least 5 other newbie games on this site that contradict his naive excuse.

P.edit.. what did I ignore?
You ignored the post you quoted, and even here you are selectively responding.

Why lie? It doesn't do anything.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #168 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Titus »

In post 166, havingfitz wrote:
In post 163, Titus wrote:referencing off site newbie games
I don't know that he was referencing off site games. All I know is he's on this site making excuses that are shown to be false with games on this site. Off site experience doesn't matter.
It does if it fits what he's saying, and why ALWAYS matters.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #170 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Titus »

I do not believe he did, and he hasn't had time to reply. I don't know why he made those statements but i do know they are likely true to him because he gains nothing by lying. I don't like you jumping to the sinsiter conclusion without thinking things through.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #172 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Titus »

You and I both know naked l minus 1 votes happen all the time and to diffuse attention from a regular occurrence is a stretch and a half.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #175 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Titus »

Interesting

Which of fitz/knightmare

Or dunn/Echo is the team?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #176 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 am

Post by Titus »

Scum generally are hesitant to pile back to back, particularly based on vibes. So that's points in favor of dunn/echo.

Yet, that opening of Fitz/knightmare was bad.

Of course, theory baker is that i am a blind bat and ironstove is scum and this is a diversion.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #177 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 am

Post by Titus »

So fitz, you stretching for the reason i think or not?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #180 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 178, EchoVision wrote:If the team were me and dunn, why would we have had that little quarrel on day 1 when he random voted me without a reason?? Also, if I would have voted for you right after dunn, that would have looked suspicious as well. Like I was jumping on the train just to get someone lynched which would make me look like a scum. Why don't you just tell us who the mafia is? Mafia knows their fellow mafia members after all :)
VOTE: echo

You are oddly defensive of my guess but try to assuage my concerns only with the guess. Very awkward posture.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #189 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Titus »

@Havingfitz, I haven't seen ironstove posting but he has logged in. You seem to think he has. Do I need to look again?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #194 (isolation #36) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Titus »

How am I being careful?

@HF, I am more inclinded to buy your argument if ironstove actually posts elsewhere. Right now, Dunn/Echo seems to be where it's at. The comparison to other games using vague statements such as "careful". A)It's violating ongoing games discussion because it's comparing to other ongoing games b)It's an assertion I cannot respond to without rulebreaking c) He dodges giving comment on me beyond shading or Echo's awkward posting.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #205 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 203, EchoVision wrote:
In post 198, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 195, EchoVision wrote:If I were going to vote for someone right now, it would be titus.
And your reasoning for not voting right now is: _________
It just seems too early in the day to vote currently. There's a lot more that can happen in 9-10 days that can sway my vote. I don't want to be the cause of a hammer on Titus if I don't have to be yet.
Why not? Why would your vote "cause" a hammer? Why would that be a problem if you scumread me?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #208 (isolation #38) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Titus »

Yeah well no one is pressuring Echo, so scum want to lurk.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #211 (isolation #39) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Titus »

Let's be real here, any sudden hammer knows they are auto rope tomorrow. I would trade myself for a guaranteed scum, as any town should in almost any spot. So if that's all that's preventing your vote, vote me. Realistically, we both know you and Dunn are scum though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #214 (isolation #40) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Hi LoopDan.

Help me vote scum?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #222 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Titus »

Hey, the team is Echo and Dunn most likely. I will just wait over here, watching you.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #224 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 223, Loopdan wrote:@Titus-- Why don't you think it was bad for iron to say he didn't realize it took 5 to lynch in a Newbie game on Day 1? He clearly has newbie experience in the current Newbie setup, so his claim is verifiable false. Yes, I know iron is my slot, but I don't understand your defense there.
A person can make a false statement without lying. It was incomptence in a manner that gives scum zero benefit.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #228 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 227, Loopdan wrote:
In post 224, Titus wrote:
In post 223, Loopdan wrote:@Titus-- Why don't you think it was bad for iron to say he didn't realize it took 5 to lynch in a Newbie game on Day 1? He clearly has newbie experience in the current Newbie setup, so his claim is verifiable false. Yes, I know iron is my slot, but I don't understand your defense there.
A person can make a false statement without lying. It was incomptence in a manner that gives scum zero benefit.
So why did you determine that it was incompetent town instead of incompetent scum?
Because scum know more and get pushed less for setup errors.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #230 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Titus »

Nope.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #233 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Titus »

You did, but play along in dead chat. If you have an RL event, VLA next time. That will prevent this.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #241 (isolation #46) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 235, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 109, Titus wrote:
In post 91, knightmare wrote:"I'm gonna do this for lulz"

I fully expect more from a person that's supposed to be an "IC"

TBH the more I play on this site the more I realize it's a joke. The majority of you would get rekt if you played on my home forum.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Titus for sucking balls
You are new. I did this as an IC because you fail to value the absurd as either alignment. The Gamestate felt wrong, so I trolled a bit. This reeks of sour grapes and my home site is better so it must be right. My trolling is not that severe, and I don't do it often. Occasionally though, the game needs a moment of absurdity.
This post is scummy - "The Gamestate felt wrong" doesn't mean anything, especially given that Titus never explains how or why it felt wrong. There's no deeper level thought or game-solving behind this, Titus is posting for the sake of posting and for the sake of rationalizing her play.

also, you can tell she felt awkward about her explanation given that she further clarified in two subsequent posts immediately after. is also scummy:
In post 111, Titus wrote:My job as the IC is to show you how to scumhunt, not be an expert everyone follows to the absence of their own opinion. While I have played a laxidaisical approach, you and Grey are busy fighting each other over methods, which benefits no one. That's why we get wagons on l minus 1 "because drunk". Now, I don't know why y'all feel compelled to peacock, but it needs to stop as it blocks reading you. You both are acting superior and knightmare is reflexively scumreading that. (he could be right, but it is unlikely).
she's implicitly assuming Grey (now conftown) and my slot's alignment. This post is a grab for towncred whiteknighting a TvT. It does nothing to advance the game, it's Titus standing on the sideline of two town slots arguing. There's no conviction in her townreads here either, she's going through the motion of what she thinks a town!Titus would do.

same thing here:
In post 119, Titus wrote:
In post 118, -Grey- wrote:
In post 117, knightmare wrote:UNVOTE:
I told you so.
Was I not clear on the tude? It's not helping sort you. Drop the guard.
this "not helping sort you" is not believable in the slightest, given Titus barely interacts with Grey. This post
oozes
fake to me, and I'd love to hear if anyone disagrees with that.

Next, on D2 she repeatedly drops the classic "not a fan", "don't like" scumlines regarding knightmare's posting, but it doesn't read to me like a real scumread given that she never votes him nor pressures him directly.

Finally, this post also pings as scummy:
In post 194, Titus wrote:How am I being careful?

@HF, I am more inclinded to buy your argument if ironstove actually posts elsewhere. Right now, Dunn/Echo seems to be where it's at. The comparison to other games using vague statements such as "careful". A)It's violating ongoing games discussion because it's comparing to other ongoing games b)It's an assertion I cannot respond to without rulebreaking c) He dodges giving comment on me beyond shading or Echo's awkward posting.
Dunnstral accused Titus of being careful and said she doesn't play like this in other games. Dunnstral's comment is ambiguous, it does not have to refer to ongoing games. I believe that Titus may
think
he was referring to ongoing games, but I don't believe that a town!Titus would immediately jump to a "I can't respond to Dunnstral without rule breaking" defense so casually like this. The tone and line of thought read like the mentality of a scum who wants to dispute logically why reads on them are wrong, rather than town who genuinely feels wrongfully accused. If town!Titus really believed a) and b), she'd be a lot more passionate in arguing her case. Instead, this feels robotic.
By now, you should know I like 1 thought per post. This whole Titus felt it was awkward thing is just wrong.

I was townreading Knightmare and telling him his posting is garbage and even made me doubt him for a moment. Knightmare acted like his home site was the only way to play, and everyone is perfectly optimal. As an IC, I had to tell him that was wrong and anti-town.

Knightmare and Grey needed to sort and respect each other. I townread them and told them as much, but they were not helping anyone else read them.

Neither of them were up for lynch, so their was no need for passion at all.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #242 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 238, EchoVision wrote:@Loopdan did you give a reason to your vote on me? If you did, I'm just overlooking it in which case, I'm sorry. Also, sorry for sounding like an idiot if this is an obvious question, but what does it mean when you put scum!Titus or town!Titus?

Now, a new person has joined to fill the role of an inactive player, and he seems to find me as town so far. Titus, you have been here the whole game and seem to find me as guilty, with a reason that I'm not even sure makes much sense anymore? To be honest, I'm not even sure what your original reason was... Was it just cause I was targeting you? As an IC, I feel like you'd be a little better at scum hunting than you are currently. I am really getting bad vibes from you at this point, especially with reassurance from GuiltyLion that you are scum. I finally feel confident enough to put in my vote.

VOTE: Titus
Paraphrase: I got someone else more experienced to jump, so I will just blame him and my vote is far enough way from Dunn's to not arouse suspicion.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #244 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 243, GuiltyLion wrote:Titus why is Echo scum?
The lack of investigation and approval seeking is pretty textbook scum play. Is there any post you feel that's unclear? His voting me post is textbook of that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #255 (isolation #49) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Titus »

I am the doctor. I should have claimed sooner, but I thought 5 to lynch for some reason. Healed knightmare n1.

The answer is still EchoVision and Dunn.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #257 (isolation #50) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Titus »

If i am wrong on any read, Fitz is scum.

Fitz should know better than to autohammer and the last time he did he was scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #258 (isolation #51) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Titus »

Tomorrow is lylo.

Do massclaim. PR VT massclaim.

Start with Fitz, or if he is dead, Echo.

Each player claims PR or VT, nothing else.

After that, the last PR claimer full claims.

If no one CCs, conftown in lylo with a result.
If there is a CC, there is your lynch pool.

There are NOT two prs left in any circumstance.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #259 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Titus »

I forgot, each player who claims PR or VT popcorns the claim to their biggest scumread.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #322 (isolation #53) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Titus »

Ugh...:/

I will write up feedback later. Echo, Framers only exist in bastard games. You have good instincts though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #328 (isolation #54) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Titus »

If the setup is open, if it's not listed in the first post, it cannot be there.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #341 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Titus »

In post 339, -Grey- wrote:
In post 338, ArcAngel9 wrote:Why did scum killed my slot after replacing in?
I can't speak for this sim team, but I personally kill replacements if the narrative is going smoothly so as to avoid any surprises that replacements often provide.

Scum narratives are usually tailored to the existing player list, and replacements bring a fresh perspective which can wreck the entire game.
This is a perspective that happens often enough that I do not read on subbing in.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #349 (isolation #56) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Titus »

Once one PR in this flips, scum know the setup.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”