Newbie 1762: Frequent Flyers - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by -Grey- »

VOTE: EchoVision

Sup.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Not a random vote, btw.

Echo is scummy af.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:29 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 58, Titus wrote:
In post 57, knightmare wrote:Is that really the case or are you like playing the IC part and not wanting to present your views yet to prevent influencing the thread with your position?
Both. Sometimes you learn more by listening. I am thinking something might happen.
Don't sit back too long.

If you're town, you should want to be as productive possible while you're still alive to contribute.

If you're not dead before MyLo, I'm voteparking you if I'm still alive because you're either scum or criminally bad.

An experienced player should be able to sniff out scum if town, especially lesser experienced scum. If you can't or won't, it's because you have reason not to.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:00 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 68, Titus wrote:
In post 62, -Grey- wrote:Not a random vote, btw.

Echo is scummy af.
Explain.
Forced levity, disassembling.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:06 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 34, EchoVision wrote:Of course I'm joking about the avatar contest lol. It was just kind of fluff that I used as a "reason" to random vote you guys.
It was also an excuse to easily move your vote without having to provide a reasonable explanation, and I don't like that.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 86, knightmare wrote:I don't see the humor.

Titus are you scum? I'm beginning to really think so.
You don't know what scum looks like.

Let me illustrate.

What does scum!Titus hope to achieve by voting someone she obviously believes to be town in such an obvious manner?

Why would scum!Titus draw that kind of attention to herself?

Where is the payoff for scum in going after you in the manner Titus did?

Just because you're a target doesn't make the person voting you scum.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 94, knightmare wrote:There's no townie motive for the IC to vote me while calling me obv Town and you know it.
How do you know? Did you ask?

No, you did not.

Besides, you doubt catch scum by looking for the absence of town motive, genius. You catch scum by finding scum motive. Which you haven't.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 95, -Grey- wrote:
In post 94, knightmare wrote:There's no townie motive for the IC to vote me while calling me obv Town and you know it.
How do you know? Did you ask?

No, you did not.

Besides, you don't catch scum by looking for the absence of town motive, genius. You catch scum by finding scum motive. Which you haven't.
Fixed.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 98, knightmare wrote:What is Titus'a motive for voting a self admitted obv town?
Ask her. Not me. :roll:
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 98, knightmare wrote:Are scum going to join that wagon?
Idk. If I was scum, I wouldn't.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 100, knightmare wrote:Like the question doesn't even really need application.
Sure it does, for the very reason that you DON'T understand.

Duh.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 103, knightmare wrote:What don't I understand then?
You don't understand her purpose.

Maybe instead of flinging around superficial scum allegations, you could be more productive by digging a bit to uncover what she is trying to accomplish.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by -Grey- »

I don't know anything about where you come from, but I personally would never do something that blatantly looks scummy AS SCUM, because it puts this huge spotlight on the person that does that.

Town gambiting often looks very scummy, so to write them off as omghowscumdienao! without answering the why is stupid.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 106, knightmare wrote:So basically WIFOM

Do we agree that a townie shouldn't be voting another person who they say is Town? And if so why aren't you voting Titus?
At this point I'd vote you over her because you have zero interest in finding out why she is voting for you despite her read on you.

Your desperation to paint a superficially scummy act as proof of alignment is more alignment indicative than anything Titus has done so far.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:18 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 117, knightmare wrote:UNVOTE:
I told you so.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 119, Titus wrote:
In post 118, -Grey- wrote:
In post 117, knightmare wrote:UNVOTE:
I told you so.
Was I not clear on the tude? It's not helping sort you. Drop the guard.
I have no guard. I can't afford the benefits and they're union.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:14 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 122, Titus wrote:Rephrase please, Grey?
Think meat world.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 125, Dunnstral wrote:Dave is L-1
Is he? Let's check.

VOTE: Dave
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

Post by -Grey- »

My investigation confirmed Dunstral's findings.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:22 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 137, ironstove wrote:@all i'll admit I didn't realize I put dave @ L-1 I figured my vote would put more pressure on him for information, but it wasn't me that hammered. That hammer was more scummy than my naked vote... Anyway, that's hammer so there is no point unvoting or attempting to change votes. GOOD WORK TOWN!
Why did you feel the need to defend your naked vote?

Was anyone calling you out on it?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:48 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 142, ironstove wrote:yes, no shit
Scum doesn't count. Harping on town for surface level scumminess is how they survive.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 139, Dunnstral wrote:And in the next few posts over the next few minutes I explained my vote :roll:

Took it far too literally
Hairsplitting is a hallmark of scumminess.

Town is gonna get shit wrong, and town knows that much. Scum is invested in selling their illegitimate viewpoint as the right one.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 132, havingfitz wrote:Grey....why the hammer? You never mentioned Dave as far as I can see.
Some people like to watch things happen. Others like to make things happen.

I'm the latter.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 330, Dunnstral wrote:The grey kill was a bit silly, I thought he would have been a pr and he said something like "by my investigations dunn is correct" about the votes so I suspected he was softing cop
I was, for that very reason.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 335, -Grey- wrote:
In post 330, Dunnstral wrote:The grey kill was a bit silly, I thought he would have been a pr and he said something like "by my investigations dunn is correct" about the votes so I suspected he was softing cop
I was, for that very reason.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p8618732
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 338, ArcAngel9 wrote:Why did scum killed my slot after replacing in?
I can't speak for this sim team, but I personally kill replacements if the narrative is going smoothly so as to avoid any surprises that replacements often provide.

Scum narratives are usually tailored to the existing player list, and replacements bring a fresh perspective which can wreck the entire game.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 346, Dunnstral wrote:@grey in dead thread

"Hey Dunn, a response to 284 when you can read this: Tracker can also counterclaim cop with Titus flipping doctor.

That you don't even question that suggests that you know the scumteam has a roleblocker."

But if I'm town there's no reason for me to consider a tracker fakeclaim either, or care what scum fakeclaims
You didn't even consider the possibility that tracker was a possible counterclaim to cop.

That's because you knew your team had a RB.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”