Newbie 509 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tenebrys
Tenebrys
Townie
Tenebrys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Tenebrys »

Sorry I'm late -- welcome to Mafia, everyone!

To start this little mess off, I'll go ahead and
Vote: Xylthixlm
for only having one vowel.
Tenebrys
Tenebrys
Townie
Tenebrys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Tenebrys »

Dean Harper wrote:hmmm, and what is FOS?
FOS =
F
inger
O
'
S
uspicion. It's a way of saying "I think you're scum but I'm not going to vote for you just yet.

Keeping my vote the way it is because I'm too drunk to try and read through the posts and analyze what's going on.
Tenebrys
Tenebrys
Townie
Tenebrys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:20 pm

Post by Tenebrys »

I'll
unvote
too for now, just in case that helps with the tension here. The Dean Harper thing is, well, interesting... but, I'm not going to bandwagon him just yet. Not that I wouldn't LIKE to but I think he can have a chance to try and escape the noose.
Tenebrys
Tenebrys
Townie
Tenebrys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 am

Post by Tenebrys »

Oh, hi. Yeah, it's me, yeah, I've been reading the thread... and no, I haven't been contributing much. Been busy these days with stuff *cough* just got WoW *coughgettinglynchedforsayingthataren'tI* so I haven't had much time for dedicated thought about the situation going on here.

Yes, I'll get an icon soon. Don't worry.

Xyl appears to have been most active so far, and shows a good deal of experience in his analyses -- if a bit of aggression too. I'm not going to vote on him, though he'll get a big, big FOS if he doesn't die this next night (though that's just me trying to look at it from the newbie scum perspective, e.g. try and get rid of the most experienced ones first so the rest of the boys won't have a guiding voice)

Dean, well. What he posts is a tad difficult to read, but from what I can get out of it, he seems to be making a pretty honest effort to help out. Though for the amount of suspicion he blows around it could just be an attempt to throw the others of us off the trail. That said, I'll hold off on throwing a vote on him on grounds of evidence I find myself, but I -will- bandwagon him if that starts again.

Spurgistan has a Captain Haddock avatar so I won't be hounding him without significant cause. That earned you at least one day of peace.

...wait.

[quote=Spurgistan]I think he's scumhunting very aggressively for a first-time player, hate to see him get lynched for that. Broad-brush FoS on everybody who voted him, especially Xylthim. Still can't spell that. Xylthixlm.[/quote]

That smells, though I wish I knew better how to describe why. The "aggressive newbie, let him have his fun" argument for not hanging Dean Harper is kinda messed up, especially in Dean's case. For all we know, you're just trying to defend him from the noose now.

I'd post more but it's a very late hour. See ya!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”