Newbie 1742 Earth - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:50 am

Post by hinanawiscarlet »

Yaay! I'm not late this time!

VOTE: blix900
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:11 am

In post 23, Blix900 wrote:
In post 22, hinanawiscarlet wrote:Yaay! I'm not late this time!

VOTE: blix900
Are you normally late to games?
Well, not 'normally', as I'm relatively new to this forum.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:17 am

I do believe Penguin did indeed accidentally vote Blix without checking.
I haven't got any scumread on Huntress. Or, more likely, "I don't know"
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 pm

In post 78, Icy wrote:Anyone have any strong feelings on Vampirate getting killed?
I agree that this question feels like a distraction, and not adding to town.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:15 pm

In post 102, Icy wrote:
In post 97, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 78, Icy wrote:Anyone have any strong feelings on Vampirate getting killed?
I agree that this question feels like a distraction, and not adding to town.
Not a distraction at all. I felt after reading day one that either Vampirate, or Shadowlancerx would be the night kill.
Are you trying to say that since Vampirate's posts is an obvs townpost, a maf would kill him?

Also I don't think you answered the millennium question: if you think that both PP and Accountant is scum, why would you vote for someone with less votes? You should be putting the pressure on PP, not Accountant.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:42 am

In post 141, BlackVoid wrote:Hinanawi's posts and looked like they were just sheeping general concensus on Icy. If they were partners, I'd expect either a stronger push for towncred upon bussing, or an attempt to drive a counterwagon to save Icy. Instead, we have the lazy "yeah, I agree with everyone about Icy."
I just don't have enough experience to If that makes you think I'm scum, go ahead.

As for Penguin's alignment, I think it's he's town. If we're to assume that PP is scum, and hammers Blix on purpose, the chance of him knowing that Accountant will get to his defense, citing him as a conservative defense would be low. As such, the gambit he tried to pull on D1 is risky, it's better to not pull it at all.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:47 am

*dont have enough experience to make decisions on my own.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:00 am

In post 172, hinanawiscarlet wrote:I just don't have enough experience to [make decisions on my own]. If that makes you think I'm scum, go ahead.

As for Penguin's alignment, I think it's he's town. If we're to assume that PP is scum, and hammers Blix on purpose, the chance of him knowing that Accountant will get to his defense, citing him as a conservative defense would be low. As such, the gambit he tried to pull on D1 is risky, it's better to not pull it at all.
Why are you discounting that Penguin could be scum that hammered accidentally?

Regarding you experience, can you give me a bit of background on whether you played mafia before (on other forums or face to face)? How did you come to find this site and start playing?[/quote]

Is the chance of him being an accidentally hammering scum high? One thing I learn from probability class is that it's almost always not worth it to pursue something with low chance

As for experience, I've played a bit, face to face with my colleagues. Suffice to say that my friends and me aren't particularly skilled and votes mostly based on gut.
I did a quick search on Google with the terms "mafia forum" and this forum shows on top.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 am

In post 174, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 171, Accountant wrote:When someone derphammers town, scum's first instinct is to kick back and let town rip itself apart. Especially with the wagon on Icy. The only place I could be wrong is BlackVoid, but we have one mislynch so if we just lynch Huntress and Scarlet we're confirmed a win.
The lurking has been really bothering me, but walk me through why huntress and scarlet wouldn't have added their votes to Icy when they could have? I'm guessing that a lynch on someone who turns town (if Icy is actually town, I don't have a clear read either way anymore) is better when the Mafia don't have to actually throw their votes on it, but would they risk that? I guess I'm just not completely clear here.
UNVOTE: until I've got a clearer picture of what's going on.

I didn't vote for Icy on the early D2 because Icy is L-1. When I posted, Huntress had unvoted. I see no reason to bring it back to L-1 again.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:16 am

I propose that right here, right now, to lynch me and see what I would flip. If I happen to flip a town, it's likely that Accountant is a scum in disguise.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:02 pm

I feel like the scum is sacrificing one of their member to paint me as a scum. My gambit has nothing to do with the lynch pressure on Huntress.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Ho hum, I just took a shower and I realized by math is wrong. Disregard the last post about the reasoning of my gambit.

Even if Huntress and I were scumbuddies, why would I take Huntress' place to be lynched? No matter who got lynched, the number of the scum would be one, with town outnumbering them.

And if you think that Huntress is town and I'm scum, why would I interfere with the vote number? He's got 2 votes.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:48 pm

@BlackVoid: "Why are you discounting that Penguin could be scum that hammered accidentally?"
That was your question. you specifically mentioned scum. As such, I thought his alignment is what's important.

@Shadowlancer: If you think that I'm scum, it won't make sense for the reasons I mentioned above

@Huntress: it seems that Accountant seems to be pushing the case against me a bit too hard. There's a margin of error tho.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:17 pm

I not only infer his alignment from that, but from Accountant's post. I don't believe that he would lie at that, seeing that meta is an easily proved thing
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:21 am

In post 241, Shadowlancerx wrote:UNVOTE:
I feel pretty confident that either Huntress or Accountant are scum. I have had that feeling of being lead in the back of my mind, but I did trust accountant. I still do to an extent, and I think a lynch on either one of them will push us to a pretty close to solved endgame.

Penguin I'm not scum, but I recognize that if he flips scum you won't believe that. However, if he flips scum, I believe town can still win, even without me.

If he flips town, then it's huntress and we go from there.
Can you explain to me why you trust Accountant?
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:05 am

In post 248, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 246, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 241, Shadowlancerx wrote:UNVOTE:
I feel pretty confident that either Huntress or Accountant are scum. I have had that feeling of being lead in the back of my mind, but I did trust accountant. I still do to an extent, and I think a lynch on either one of them will push us to a pretty close to solved endgame.

Penguin I'm not scum, but I recognize that if he flips scum you won't believe that. However, if he flips scum, I believe town can still win, even without me.

If he flips town, then it's huntress and we go from there.
Can you explain to me why you trust Accountant?
With all that's happened I feel a little foolish, but basically he recognized me for the newb town I am early game, after I made a fool of myself. From there, his posts followed logic, made sense to me. I thought (and still hope) that he acted that way as a true town, and that if he was that dead on about me, that his reads would be more likely to be accurate elsewhere. For good or for ill, I've taken his lead thus far, and if that gets me killed as his false partner, then I've learned more from this game.
Correct me if I'm wrong: You believe Accountant is town because he immediately realize that you're town?

I think any sufficiently skilled player can do that, regardless of alignment.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Reee

I trust my gut better than my mom's life decisions for me
VOTE: Huntress
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:03 am

In post 288, Icy wrote:
In post 286, Accountant wrote:I didn't name any names :^) I don't see how you jumped to that conclusion

But seriously, play the game. Do it. Take a side, don't be a wuss. You know one of us is scum. Don't try to claim we're both town, because that's impossible.
Seriously.....I refuse to play your game!

Who is your scum team now that Scarlet is voting Huntress, L-1 buy the way.

PS: just posting that for me because it's a pet peeve, and yes I do realize no one else gives a shit

Yeah, because I'm never scum to begin with.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:11 am

I was wrong, okay? It was just gut at first. I reread Accountant's posts and I decided to vote Huntress.

Now that I know that Huntress is town, scumread Accountant again. He feels like directing the lynch.

Also, since this is lylo, I think it's time to claim the power town role. Is it jailkeeper or tracker?
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:16 pm

In post 326, PenguinPower wrote:Not going to discuss reads in twilight. We can talk about it tomorrow if I'm still alive.

And I would kill him for this?
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:42 am

Vanilla town
In post 370, Shadowlancerx wrote:So scum is somewhere in Accountant-Balckvoid-Scarlet assuming no counterclaim.
Let's assume I'm scum, why should I kill PP who townreads me? The real scum probably thought that PP was an investigative role, therefore he was nightkilled.

Killing him would put me in a worse situation.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:38 pm

No, I did not mean that scum must know at the start of the day. They could've just discussed it on N2, coupled with PP's interesting comment.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:11 am

In post 393, Icy wrote:
Also if I were scum (given the pool of townees last night) I would have night killed Accountant. Did anyone see something in Penguin's posts that made him look like a PR?
No, I think scum wouldn't kill Accountant, as he might get lynched the next day for his "If I'm wrong, lynch me." But of course that didn't happen today.

That confidence of Accountant also what sparks my suspicions on him.

However, as I reread Huntress' posts, I found it weird that she would suddenly votes for Icy. The only reason I can think of is because almost half of the players trusted PP's accident banhammer through phone, so she sheeps Icy, trying to mislynch him. And that, in my opinion, makes a far sensible scumtell

Also, no tracking log from our tracker?
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Well, the reason people thought I was scum was because I lurk, right?

I know, not the best thing for town. But honestly analyzing people is harder than analyzing economic data, which is why I keep silent for most of the time. Sorry for being a village idiot :p

I'll in for a new one after I cool down a bit.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Oh, thanks there, vampirate, for the cookies. And the mod.

Though I prefer blood soaked cookirs :p

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”