Newbie 320 - Berry Village Mafia V (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Nocmen »

Im here, sort of half confirming until I get my role. Then I can post a full confirm.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Nocmen »

Ok , insert full confirm. That was weird though, I had checked my messages right before i posted before, nothing there, and just got the message twice though when you resent, even though one was timed an hour ago.

Oh well, /confirm.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Nocmen »

Hmm...I dont like random votes that much, but what the hell.

Random number 1-7, corresponding to the player list: 6

Vote:GreenLiquid
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Cogito...why did you switch all of a sudden? It seems very suspicious to me, especially when you are trying to bandwagon on my random vote.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote: I believe in the power of bandwagons. I like to use my vote fully and I certainly don't mind putting some pressure on GreenLiquid. He can take it.

This post does show a pro-town mindset, I would think.
Bandwagons for the scum it sounds from your post. And if you are pushing such pro-town in that post, you didnt need to point it out, did you?

Unvote, Vote:Cogito Ergo Sum
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Nocmen wrote:Bandwagons for the scum it sounds from your post.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. What gives you that idea?
You said you believe in the power of bandwagons. Scum likes using bandwagons to make easy lynches when a townie slips up...and going to that, did you just slip up saying your going to bandwagon people as scum?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Eldarion wrote:In a way, I'm more interested in the grand dance than yours.

I voted for you because of the suspicion you're wielding against CES, and to spice things up a bit. It could very well be that in his defensive play he's trying to fit in with newbies; being seen as out of place can and will get people killed, when in Rome (/me glances at name of board and giggles) and all that jazz.

In all honesty I'd be being perfectly hypocritical in my post if I were going to accuse you Mr Venkman of being scum, purely based on the fact that you're attacking someone based on very little apart from a perceived variation from "typical playstyle"; I am not accusing you though Mr Venkman, I am voting for you.
Wait...you dont think hes scum, yet you are voting for him, if thats what i understand correctly. That is almost the same as the scum voting for someone who they know is not scum.

And If I read the first few posts correctly, Im pretty sure Venkman just voted for CES at random.

Unvote, Vote:Eldarion
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Nocmen »

remussaidow wrote:
vote: CES

For trying to pregame lynch me. Seriously dude, was that even legal?

Peter, you don't actually haveto sign your posts.

Eldarion, you waited how long from saying that you were keeping your vote on and then for no good reason, not even a post by the person you were voting before you dropped it? That recieves an FOS. Two and half hours... On a thread forum game... Really isn't that long at all.
Dude, calm down, its only 1 single vote, and you are acting like its the end of the world. I dont like it when people freak out, it does seem as if they need to hide something.
Eldarion wrote: Mostly, I don't like Nocmen's posts. They seem to be extremely accusatory and short.
yourself.
You accuse my posts of being short, but what really do you expect me to do when I only have a few lines to respond to? Its still very early in the game, and logic is just starting to take shape, one can not analyze information that is not proven yet.
Peter Venkman wrote:
Nocmen
has also departed from the thread for a little while. His posts were a little unfocused, but at this point i'm not willing to cry scum over that.

I would really, really like to hear from
Caddock
. In my oppinion, he should read the thread, give us his feelings on people, and perhaps provide a second "pressure" vote to get things moving. Remember, he will be the last player to join the game, and at this point we aren't exactly in "wild guess" mode.

-Peter
Sleep and School can do that to me, especially when im not up early enough to read the thread between the two.

As for Caddock, his inactivity sort of points something out, he hasnt said or done anything worth consideration of being scum, which is both good and bad.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Nocmen »

I dont think you overreacted on purpose, and it does seem a bit too scummy for me.
Unvote
for now, and
FoS:Remussaidow
for right now seems to me a stupid excuse for an OMGUS.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Nocmen »

remussaidow wrote:
The point though, Peter, to me sitting on information, as you put it (which I still don't think that I did) is to give everyone time to form their own opinions. It is a very bad idea to run along behind an analyst and use his posts as the basis for your votes. I did this in newbie 300, behind SV, and he ended up being scum. I say this right now so that everyone here will formulate his or her own opinions on the game.

The information I was using to base my conclusions on is written plainly in the thread. Nocmen, I didn't flip out, I am perfectly calm.

To all of you, think about it. I responded to CES's joke with a... Joke. However everyone says that his was obviously a joke, and that mine is obviously a scum tell. That really makes no sense.
Trimmed down the quote to what i need to respond to.

First of all, no one is really following anyone in this game from what i have seen. Peter has been decucing his own conclusions and working off that.

You did respond to CES's joke, which hell, as far as I know may or may not be a joke. You claim to have used a joke, which really is hard to determine as a joke in the game. If anything can be taken as serious or as a joke, I can bet that 99% of the time in Mafia it will be taken seriously. To me, you responded to something that we dont know how serious it was with what seemed like a very serious, defensive, OMGUS.

I feel that you are acting so strongly against ONE SINGLE VOTE that you have to be scum, which is why
Vote:Remussaidow
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Nocmen »

remussaidow wrote: I'm not scum, I haven't been all game, and since when did blatant OMGUS's as first votes start being scum tells?
There is nothing wrong with just maybe one OMGUS, especially if you interpret the post as a joke and make your own post obviously sarcasm. Your post comes off as a defensive, especially "Seriously dude, is that even legal?"
And then, to top it off, you get offensive towards Eldarion in the same post, for changing votes quickly, while just before then you had gone against that and thrown an OMGUS.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I was also on at that time, but like Eldarion I did not respond. To me, going after remus at that time wasnt worth forcing a hammer yet, especially because I like to hear people respond before I vote for them when they are near a do or die situation(in this case, remus did answer, but just made him look worse, making me feel safer voting into him).
But I do agree that it was very bad for CES to put up the third vote, hoping that someone could go and just take him out, and then planning on voting for the 4th guy tomorrow saying its his fault for the mislynch.
This game is really showing a CES-Remus pair for the scum in my eyes.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Nocmen »

Nocmen wrote:I was also on at that time, but like Eldarion I did not respond. To me, going after remus at that time wasnt worth forcing a hammer yet, especially because I like to hear people respond before I vote for them when they are near a do or die situation(in this case, remus did answer, but just made him look worse, making me feel safer voting into him).
But I do agree that it was very bad for CES to put up the third vote, hoping that someone could go and just take him out, and then planning on voting for the 4th guy tomorrow saying its his fault for the mislynch.
This game is really showing a CES-Remus pair for the scum in my eyes.
And that is why you dont go on here while have asleep/half hungover. I didnt bother checking for my post to make sense, and it did show a huge flaw in my logic. From what it seemed, CES wanted to force a mislynch, but only by putting the third vote up on it, and making whoever was unlucky enough to hammer to take the blame.
Remus did overreact, making me to think he is scum, and thus for some reason I interpretted both as scum at the same time. Now this would be quite impossible without two mafia familys (which we know because this is a newbie C9 game cant be possible), so either two things are true.
1. CES is scum, Remus is not, using remus's overreaction to play us (which I think I even was played on with).
2. Remus is scum, CES is not and is trying to lynch him for some reason.

1 seems more possible to me, as if CES really wanted to lynch Remus and thought Remus was truely scum, he wouldnt have unvoted the way he did, for he would have no problem with hammering Remus.
Unvote, Vote:CES
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Nocmen »

Someone here likes to swear. To be honest, I really think you are doing a bad job at being a scum cover up. But voting for the person who is most likely to be your buddy, that is what I dont fully understand.

My vote stand on CES, but
Major Fos: now a ranger
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #151 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Hmm...I really cant tell right now with now a ranger, this is definitely regarding WIFOM, and to be honest I hate when that happens. Im not sure if hes saying that to just quit like that, or if its a joke (which i have claimed before doesnt have its place in Mafia unless you can pull it off just right).

I continue the FoS/IGMEOY on him though, theres just not enough to make a full judgement call.

Unvote
for now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #155 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Nocmen »

Peter: I unvoted CES for now due to the fact that the situation really has me confused, and honestly I think that its impossible for CES to be paired with Now a Ranger, which makes me think much more that he is either playing us or really gave up.

Logic points me toward the latter, and even if he was lying, it was still a very stupid move. Consideration on this issue shows that something is definitly wrong.

Vote:Now a Ranger
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:57 am

Post by Nocmen »

I agree with what Peter said. You obviously seem to rather mess around and just tick the town off rather than actually play seriously. That is the main reason why I have a vote on you, is that your play style is just like that of the Mafia, using deceit and confusion to piss off the rest of the town.

Explain yourself and I may consider removing my vote from you (but I doubt that will happen because you do share the ideals of the Mafia).
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #182 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by Nocmen »

My opinions on what I have seen

CES: Seems to be somewhat confused, was going against his own plans he set out early.

Remus: Seems as he is going towards scum, let a few things slip out against him, and isnt really a dedicated townie (as in, someone I know has a 95%+ chance of being town). If CES is not scum, Remus is, and vice versa.

Peter: He is acting like this cover, but it is a common mistake newbies make (I know I used to make it all the time, and it hurt me). For now, I say town.

Now a Ranger: Complete newb town, or scum.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Nocmen »

I really dont know what to say about now a ranger's play. Im pretty sure he just hammered himself...which sort of leads me to think he was not taking this game seriously, which might also be a town-tell or a scum-tell. This is not making sense, and all that I know, as Peter pointed out, he could be purposly misleading with his posts. But why would he vote himself?

All I can say is that he is really making me consider both sides of everything he said.

And Thanks for the compliment CES. This may be one of my first games on this site, but I have played a bit IRL and a long time ago on GL.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #220 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Nocmen »

I never took my vote off you, now a ranger, because your antics seemed misleading at all times as I mentioned before and several other times. You seem to not make sense with where you are going, and as I said in my last post, I agree with Peter in that you either learned alot about the game pretty quickly these past two days, or you knew what you were doing in order to mislead everyone.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #232 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:First off, noone vote yet. A single townie on townie vote is enough to lose the game at this point. We can't afford to make mistakes. And there's no need to rush things.
Agreed with what CES says. One misvote, and the scum can easily take the lynch-2 and turn it into a hammer, probably ending the game.

Thats the flaw about C9 is that the Scum only need 2 mislynches to win, and with 7 people they can do that pretty quickly as the amount of votes needed for scum to hammer is a very low number.

I will make it a goal to reread the thread tomorrow and pick up on possibilities.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Nocmen »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:If I had to guess, I'd go with remussaidow and Peter here, although I could easily substitute Nocmen or Eldarion for Peter. I'd like to hear some more from Eldarion.
You know...thats every player besides yourself that you just accused there.

I feel that the two scum are most likely CES and Eldarion, but with Remus possibly in the place of CES.

CES: As Peter pointed out, all I have seen from you during this game is a series of accusations, some based on crap logic, one of which seemed to randomly put a person at lyn-1 early on in the game.

Eldarion: You had an early stint against GL near the start of the game, which makes me suspicious over the fact that he died last night, which for inexperienced scum could just be an overreaction (OMG He Pointed Me Out SCUM KILL!). Also, as mentioned for CES, you also have not contributed much to help logic along for us town.

If I had to pick one, I would probably go with Eldarion for today.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #241 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Nocmen »

Peter Venkman wrote:Are you tired now?
What type of question is that?

I sort of feel that I am taking back what I said about CES, but I am really stuck between him and remus as the second scum. My choice about the first scum remains with Eldarion, as he seems very, very lurkerish.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #245 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Nocmen »

Peter Venkman wrote:
Nocmen wrote:What type of question is that?
Just prodding CES. Looks like it worked.

CES> I'm with you on the "large pool of suspects." However, you could have said that instead of your blanket accusation.

At this point, I've cast suspicion on every single player too.

I'm interested in hearing from Remus and
especially
Eldarion.

-Peter
Why would you be prodding him 4 minutes after his last post? To me, that doesnt seem like much sense.

And I can see that you also accused everyone else practically, but CES went and did it all in the same post.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #246 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Nocmen »

To be honest, Im starting to worry about you as well Peter. You really could be a scum, and hell, Im even a frickin hypocrit now, because it really could be anyone that is a scum. Sorry about attacking you so much for that CES, I guess when you think about it any of them are possible.

On second thought, I may be taking this a bit too seriously. Im going to take a nap before I realize I am getting pissed off about online Mafia. Ill be back in a couple hours or so.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #265 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Nocmen »

Peter Venkman wrote:Hmn... I was sorta wondering why I lived to see day 2. I figure I was the most likely target, and you've confirmed that.

My best guess: the scum players didn't want to gamble with the presence of a doctor. Picking the no2 candidate has a better chance of getting a kill.

I admit, this is a WIFOM argument. However, pointing to me still being alive isn't a compelling argument for your innocence.

-Peter
From that, it seems to me as if you know for certain if a doctor is actually present here. However, the only one who would be able to know that is you. To me it seems that you are saying that you are the Doc, and the scum then decided to go after GL because you could possibly protect yourself? And as Doctor, could you protect yourself in here?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #267 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Nocmen »

Usually Doctors can not self-prot themselves, but I have seen games where the doc could (for example I was once a doctor that could self prot every other night). This has though caused me to sort of guess if they could or couldnt every game, and unless i see something proving it wrong, I was assuming they could this game because their role PM as posted on page 1 by the mod did not say otherwise.

Though as you pointed out, its stupid for me to be fishing that, as I doubt the scum would know by last night if Peter was a Doc. I think though he did just slip up accidentally, and I am a complete dumbass for pointing it out to the scum.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #270 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Peter Venkman wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Considering your suspicion of me, GreenLiquid was the most logical nightkill for the real scum group.
If I read this right you are saying:

If
CES
is scum, his obvious night choice would be
Peter Venkman

If
Anyone Else
is scum, his obvious night choice would be
Greenliquid

Peter Venkman
is alive, therfor
CES
is not scum.

I am saying that
Scum
might not
have gone with the obvious choice if they were concerned a doctor
might
be present. Thus,
CES
cannot claim that since
Peter Venkman
is alive,
CES
is not scum.

I'm just completing
CES
's bad WIFOM argument. The person who is nightkilled
DOES NOT
clear
ANYONE
from suspicion.

-Peter
Hate to nitpick, but your last statement is somewhat wrong. The dead person is cleared from suspicion if they are a townie >_>
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #288 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well...we know there are two scum left in this town. One of them is CES/Remus, and who knows who the other one is.

I trust CES with how he covered himself, and to be honest if hes not scum, then Remus definitly has to be.

Vote:Remus
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #290 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well I started working with pairs of possible scum. From day 1, we found out that either CES/Remus is not a pair, or they are a very stupid working together one at that. Then, from analyzing the thread a few times over, I am 99% sure that you (Eldarion) and Peter can not be a pair of scum. This means that 1 scum is CES/Remus, and the other is Eldarion/Peter. From reading over, I have a doubt right now that CES could be scum. If CES is not scum, then Remus has to be, because if not, the pair of scum isnt working together at all. Not just distancing themselves from each other, but actually risking the game for them.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #307 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Nocmen »

You know, I feel really stupid for trusting CES earlier. To be honest, its gone down to a toss up between Remus and CES, and hell, im even leaning towards CES now.

Unvote
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #326 (isolation #31) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Putting the pressure on eh?

I really dont know who to vote for, I really think the two of you could be pulling off an amazing pair.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #328 (isolation #32) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Screw it, ive had enough thinking.

Vote:Remus
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #330 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Never claim Vanilla. If I hadnt voted for you then, I definitely would have just done it here. Vanilla claim is one of the worst claims.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #335 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Actually, I think Peter did the best job, remained cool and didnt blow cover through all of my mistakes.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #336 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Nocmen »

What I had planned was someone to get angry back at me as an OMGUS after my first vote, and claim cop with a guilty on remus, as I didnt think there actually was a cop in the game here.

But yea, me and Peter were the scum.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #342 (isolation #36) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Nocmen »

The only thing that was really scary near the end was the fact that Peter just happened to randomly come on after I posted, so I went ahead and voted last night, and then Peter dissappeared for about 20 minutes. That was tense, the window just kept getting bigger for something to go wrong.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”