Newbie 280: Longest Newbie finally ends, but who won?

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:43 pm

Post by Short4now »

/confirm
here I am
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by Short4now »

Randomly accusing somebody right out of the gate and providing little to no reason isn't exactly a smart move.

vote Brutal Assassin
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:44 am

Post by Short4now »

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that defending yourself was so wrong, I apologize. I'll be sure to remember that. By the way, I see what you did there.
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:49 pm

Post by Short4now »

true, I was not defending myself, you were calling me defensive. I realize the difference. I'm going to retract my vote and wait until there is a reason to vote
unvote
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by Short4now »

Sorry I haven't been talking, I haven't reall known what to say. However, spectrumvoid is looking suspicious. After reading all the posts I have come to the conclusion that she is mafia. First, she said she voted for me because of her gut, the same reason DA gave. She then said that she wasn't picking up and vibes on anybody, which goes against what she just said. Also, she was quick off the bat to agree with sage to hear from me.

vote: spectrumvoid
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:32 am

Post by Short4now »

I realized the risk of stating my suspicions, and that it might make me look more suspicious However, if I didn't, I would be quiet and probably not say anything which would also make me look suspicious. Basically a lose lose situation. I wanted to vote for sv after sage noted that she was quick on the jump to vote for me, but having almost just got lynched , I didn't want to speak and bring attention to myself. Then people were posting that I wasn't speaking so I figured I might as well. I would have FoS'd but at the time I didn't know you could do such a thing. Casting another FoS would do nothing so I decided I should vote.
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:28 pm

Post by Short4now »

Everything is making my head spin. Pablito is most likely town, or he could be playing a really good mafia, however I really don't know where to stand in that whole argument, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody there is scum and everybody is barking up the wrong tree. I agree with Sage in that mikanoff needs to speak, i'm becoming suspicious of him. Reading back I've noticed that he's never voted, meaning he could possibly be waiting to bandwagon, or is taking his time and making sure he doesn't vote the wrong person so I don't know. I'm going to unvote spectrum, but I do still have some suspicions and I'm going to wait until I can provide a good reason to vote for somebody.
unvote
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by Short4now »

wow, it seems every time sage asks me to talk I get a sworm of votes agasin't me >_<
Brutal Assassin wrote:In agreement with what has been said. Short needs to be contributing more, instead of being afraid to say anything because he may be lynched. That is scum sentiment, as I've stated in the past (At least, I believe I did).
I'll try to participate more, but I can't help to be afraid to contribute if everytime I've said something I get a sworm of votes and suspicions.

I do believe that spectrum is scum.

After hearing Pablito vote for me she called his vote weird,
spectrumvoid wrote:Pablito: Are you serious?!

I'm sorry if I keep changing my mind about pablito, but his last post was seriously weird.
after Pablito stated his reasons for voting she wasted no changing her vote
spectrumvoid wrote:Cool. You sound exactly like chamber.

I looked at post again
Short4now wrote:I'm going to unvote spectrum,
but I do still have some suspicions
and I'm going to wait until I can provide a good reason to vote for somebody.
Phrase underlined by me. I still don't get where you get the HEY EVERYONE I'M UNVOTING SV bit, but I have something different to add. That sounds to me like: Hey I'm unvoting SV, but HE'S MIGHT BE SCUMMY.
So if I get lynched and turn out scum (assuming he's scum),
he can say: Hey look everyone, I was attacking SV. Or if I turn out turn, he can say: Hey look everyone, I unvoted. Whoever voted was scummy. Sounds to me like 'scum covering his own ass' tactic.

FOS: s4n
with intent to vote after VC.
I find that this was a bit to fast to completely change her mind. I bolded another part of that quote that made me suspicious. This is the second time she has said something along the lines of
if I was the mafia
which to me seems like something a scum would do.
spectrumvoid wrote:Sigh. I've recently been lynched for being too active in my other games, so I can sympathise with s4n. My usual playstyle as townie is to share everything so that even if I die, the town has more info.
My usual playstyle as scum is also to share everything, but lie all the way.
Short4now
Short4now
Townie
Short4now
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Short4now »

Here I am. Yes, I have been lurking, I apologize. The past few week I've been working on a huge paper for English and i haven't had much time to post. Now that I finished it I should have time for more thoughtful posts. Right now I have no suspicions or trusts because I don't know if the people I think are town really are, or if they're playing really good scums and vice versa.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”