Newbie 14 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

Mmmmm... blue skies, warm breeze... :D What am I doing inside?... oh, trying not to get skin cancer, that's right...

Hmmm... 2 votes on me :shock: I hope at least one of them is scum, otherwise I could get knocked off!

OMGUS
vote: DP!
Fancy a house swap?? :)
unvote: DP
Just in case he's not scum...
vote: Morpheus
for putting vote number 2 on me.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote: Morpheus

Getting ready to vote for thorred, but that would make 3 and I'd like to hear more from her before I put her one vote away from being lynched.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

I have to admit, I did think to myself 'Yoko is acting quite un-Yoko-like... what's up with that?'
My suspicions are all over the place at the moment... argh! Well at least we're not having to vote for lurkers (thanks everyone!)...
Ummm, yeah, no vote change for now.. I'll think more on this later.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:47 am

Post by Talitha »

First of all (as has been mentioned) we need to lynch a mafia today, or town loses the game. The good news is, even if we choose our lynch candidate randomly, we have a 2/5 chance of getting one, and with the information that we have already we should be able to make those odds a lot better.

On the other hand we have 2 mafia out there trying to win the game also. Please bear in mind that these 2 mafia will not want to be associated with each other, in case the cop has investigated one of them last night. They may point the finger at each other. They may vote for each other. (They may have already voted for each other). Do not take anything at face value.

To the cop:
You should know a definite mafia or innocent by now. If you got an innocent result then I suggest that you come forward only if the person you investigated is in danger of being lynched. If you got a mafia result, by all means, try and get that person lynched without coming forward if you can. If that doesn't work then I suggest you come forward with your information (even though you'll get killed tonight). Because we need to lynch right today.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:55 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hmm, quiet weekend...

Well I might as well state my position. Unless there are some convincing reasons to do otherwise, I will be voting for DP today. I am quite sure that the very quick vote on Yoko yesterday is not something that a player of his experience would do, if they were on the town's side. In his very first post today he says "please do not vote anyone until we have had plenty of discussion", yet yesterday he made sure the day was finished before we could have an adequate amount of discussion.
Furthermore he voted for Yoko right after Yoko gave what I thought was a reasonable explanation of his behaviour (18 minutes later in fact), an explanation I thought was worthy of some contemplation.

So, town, what do you think?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hmmm interesting... but not entirely unexpected. :)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jeesh, I would've bet money that one of you two were going to jump up and down and call DP a liar! Seeing as you haven't I can only come to one conclusion.. that you're both scum. Let me just say, very nice work, the pair of you....

Now if only there were some way to convince the rest of the town.... (the pair I were convinced were both mafia up until a few minutes ago)... ugh... I don't like the odds here.

(I'm not sure if questions to the mod are allowed but I'll try anyway)
Phoebus: Are you able to confirm that the roles were assigned to players randomly, with no tweaking for balance?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

Wait - there's one other (slight) possibility.
Thorred, you're not the cop are you?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

Firstly, I didn't claim cop after DP because a)I'm not the cop, b)I'm not scum and therefore c)It never entered my mind. I thought DP was lying about being the cop so the real cop would come forward for DP's mafia buddy to kill them tonight. I was wrong however.

Well now that I am 100% sure who the mafia are, I have been though the thread again and I can't pick out any obvious proof of scumminess from either of their early behaviour. Their behaviour after DP's revelation has been quite revealing though I think:
Jaguar wrote:OK, so he reveals himself and an innocent, increasing the chance of lynching mafia today. That's good. One mafia gone. But then the remaining mafia takes him out Night 2 and then there were three. 2 town and 1 mafia with one of those town being confirmed innocent. I guess that increases the odds of us winning
*looks suspiciously at Talitha based on DP's revelation*
She obviously is completely aware that there are 2 mafia. She is quite aware of how many players are left in the game. If she were truly innocent, wouldn't one of her first thoughts have been: "Well if DP, Thorred, and myself are innocent, that only leaves Morpheus & Talitha. They both must be scum." But no, she looks suspiciously at me, and only me.

and,
Morpheus wrote:Hmmm, ok since no one protests Dp being cop, he must be it. So he and thorred are confirmed innocents. That leaves Jaguar and me and talitha. Why does your suspicions fall on talitha, jaguar? Talitha has done nothing suspicous yet.
Again I ask, would Morpheus have said this if he was innocent? If he were innocent, and he knows there are 3 of us unconfirmed and 2 are scum, he would automatically know that both of the other 2 must be scum. He did not draw that conclusion though. Why? Well because he's not innocent.

I will happily lynch either of these two today. But I'll let DP & Thorred decide who to lynch, as they are the confirmed innocents.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well, when I figure out who the scum are with absolutely no doubt, I like to share my knowledge with the town. Even if they don't believe me, at least I've said it, and have "I told you so" rights.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:00 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jaguar wrote:OK, so he reveals himself and an innocent, increasing the chance of lynching mafia today. That's good. One mafia gone. But then the remaining mafia takes him out Night 2 and then there were three. 2 town and 1 mafia
(.... etc)
That is the post we are talking about, right? Where you say that if we lynch a mafia today, there will be one remaining?
And now you're saying:
Jaguar wrote:I realized after I had posted and logged off that there are still two mafia remaining. It completely slipped my mind when I briefly logged on the other day.
I'm sure your maths is good enough that you realise that 1+1=2 :)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #101 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

It seems like everyone is agreed.
vote: Jaguar

And I can assure the rest of the town that DP's plan will result in a victory for us!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #102 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:39 pm

Post by Talitha »

Thorred wrote:Talitha wrote:
Jeesh, I would've bet money that one of you two were going to jump up and down and call DP a liar! Seeing as you haven't I can only come to one conclusion.. that you're both scum. Let me just say, very nice work, the pair of you....
Erm, you didn't jump up and down and call DP a liar, so you are scum?
Thorred - I was able to deduce that both Morpheus & Jaguar are scum because I have one piece of information that you don't have - I know for certain that I am innocent. When nobody else claimed cop, I also knew for certain that DP and you were innocent. That only left two people.
I hope this makes sense now.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #108 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

vote: Morpheus
because he killed DP!@!#!$!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #110 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:16 am

Post by Talitha »

thorred, if you are at all considering voting for me, please bear in mind that Morpheus could quickly put a 2nd vote on and win the game for the scum!
If you have any questions to ask about why I did something, or whatever really, please ask me.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #112 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

Why?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #125 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

What was so suspicious about my post? (Y' know - for future reference :twisted: )
I suppose it looked like I had a guilty conscience or something. I wasn't quite sure how to act, I haven't been in that kind of end-game as the unconfirmed townie before. Thorred had given me very little indication of what she thought of me, and when she said she couldn't make up her mind I had a slight panic attack! (I hate losing anyway and losing this game would have been slightly embarrassing given the fact that all 3 'experienced' were on the town's side) - No offense to the scum, they both did a good job!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #127 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:23 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hehe... yeah.. you had a pretty good chance of winning if you did that I think.
However, I think you made the right choice with the info you had at the time - you didn't know he was the cop, and he was a good candidate for a lynching day 2.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #130 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:21 pm

Post by Talitha »

Thanks... next time I'll try and play cool as a cucumber and not let my nerves show. 8)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #134 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

At one time I was scum in
all
of the mafia games I was in... at least 4 games. I got over the guilt pretty quickly! But yeah, it is especially hard when people are sincerely saying that they trust you and stuff like that :(

And DP - I just figured out that you did that thing on purpose - didn't you! :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”