Newbie 1239 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 am

Post by Pulcher »

/confirm
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 am

Post by Pulcher »

VOTE: Fitz for being avatar-less.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Pulcher »

1. Easter Daylight Time (EDT), GMT -0400. Right now, it is 12:27 PM.
2. 16, male?
3. Town, because I'm not confident in my gambiting abilities. I've always liked the idea of playing cop (for the extra info you get to work with) and doc (for being able to protect players who I feel are better/would like to have at MylLo and LyLo).
4. Walls of text in of themselves are neutral, it's a matter of what's /in/ them. Personally, I like them, as they give you more to work with when analyzing a player. Not entirely sure what you mean by quote walls
5. I've only had second-hand experience. I've watched several games off-site due to my best friend's sudden interest in the game. I also very briefly taken part in a game on an another site, but had to replace out three (real) days in due to it being too stressful during that time in my life. I came to mafiascum because my friend told me about the Newbie Games here, so it seemed like a good place to start.
6. I like it. You can learn a lot about a person by how they respond to questioning.
7. Kill it with fire. If you can't justify something based on
this
game, you can't justify it at all, as far as I'm concerned.
8. Lurking is bad. If you lurk and you're town, you're not even trying to be helpful. If you lurk and you're scum, you're taking the fun out of the game by not trying to outwit town. I say if there's no one blatantly scummy to lynch, you're not going to lose anything by lynching a lurker. As for lying, I don't like it. If you're lying, you have something to hide. It
can
benefit town when pulled off correctly, but it seems hella hard to do.
9. I can't get much more specific than saying between 2:00 PM and 9:00 PM GMT. I will post about once a day, but will try to post more than that.
10. No.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Tue May 08, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Pulcher »

Arugula, why don't you have a problem with lurking? You too, Pachino.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Wed May 09, 2012 6:16 am

Post by Pulcher »

UNVOTE: Fitz Even though it wasn't formatted correctly and doesn't count, I still don't like that you tried putting Fitz at L-2 already.

In post 54, Arugula wrote:
Well, sometimes it's better to leave an interaction between two people rather than interjecting. There are some instances where it is a bit scummy, but generally IMO it is not.

While I do agree that sometimes there's no need to jump into something not directed at you *coughLastSurvivorcough*, this is a team based game, and there's usually
something
you could be talking about. It shouldn't come down to just two people interacting while one watches from the sidelines.

Arugula wrote:Sometimes lurking is beneficial so I don't see it as a scumtell.

How can it be beneficial?

In post 57, Pachino wrote:
It's not that I don't have a problem with it, it's just that I don't really find it very suspicious.

Why not?
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 am

Post by Pulcher »

(Shit, was busy and forgot about this, sorry. Bitchslap me if I do that again.)

@Arugula, post 73: I like this response, I think that's fair.

@Pachino, post 74: Um,
what
? If I'm reading this right, you're saying that lurking isn't suspicious because people go after the active participants more. The fact that active scum are more likely to slip up is exactly
why
lurking is suspicious.

In post 79, Fitz wrote:Well my thoughts are that it's too obvious to be true (saying "maybe" is basically admitting you're scum), but there's a sense of metaness to it that it could really be brave scum playing around. I'm not going to read too much into that particular action, but I will keep my eyes on Sigma.

In post 81, Lastsurvivor wrote:I Fitz's wordy explanation is really why anyone who plays stupid games like that should just be ignored. It's gonna confuse the town.

I like these guys. Also, what do you see about LastSurvivor, Fitz? LastSurvivor, why do you think Fitz sees you as scummy (if you can answer before Fitz does)?

Gen, do you have any opinions on anyone/thing other than the inactivity? Why haven't you been trying to spur discussion?

HaRisk is terrible for that early bandwagon jumping.
FoS: HaRisk
. Explain yourself.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Sun May 13, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Pulcher »

@Gen_Wolf: (post 91) I get that, I just don't like it when people pop in to complain about inactivity and nothing else. Though thank you for delivering on your promise to try to discuss things. U_U (post 94) That's WIFOM, but Sigma does need to get in here and contribute.

@LastSurvivor (post 93, ) Moosey could be said to be actively lurking, I guess, but he doesn't seem to be too much worse than the rest of us, thus far. That said, he'd better not stay that way, and I don't want to have any replacements so early in the game. >:I

@Fitz: (post 95) I can understand the difficulty with WIFOM, I tend to be the 'I-know-you-know-I-know' sort. The best thing to do in my experience is to compare to that person's earlier play in the game and look for inconsistencies/contradictions.

D1 is pretty much a shot in the dark, which is why it's important to try to get everyone to talk, so we have
something
to work with. The more we talk, the more chance we have of scum messing up.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Tue May 15, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Pulcher »

((*bitchslaps self*))

Welcome, Rach!

@Arugula, Post 114: What did/would've that accomplished?

Welcome back, Moosey, have an ironic avatar of your broken avatar!

@Moosey, Post 118: I don't think that's a valid argument, correcting one's self is just as easily town-motivated as scum-motivated.

@Arugula, Post 123: Didn't we already address WIFOM on that answer? Or are you referring to another? (Also, Gen, this may be a good time to give a run-down on WIFOM c:)

@Rach, Post 128: Would you care to be more specific about what it is you like about Moosey, Fitz, and myself?

@LastSurvivor, Post 130: I dislike his Sigma vote, but Arugula is right that there hasn't been too much to analyze.

@Sigma, Post 136:
@Gen: Can you explain the logic here:
I was thinking, maybe he doesn't mind lurking this game because he is involved in the scum fraction of this game?

And also why you mentioned that that was my stance in this game. Would that be you accusing me of lying about my stance to form an appearance of myself? If so, was there a basis for that accusation? Or did that really mean nothing and I'm looking too much into it?

Alright, let me ask you the same question: Care to explain the logic there? I see absolutely no way you reached those possibilities from that quote.

@Gen, Post 144: If you say that a vote is a pressure vote and that you'd unvote if others hop on, then
it's not going to apply pressure

VOTE: Sigma
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Tue May 15, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Pulcher »

Can you re-do that fifth quote, please? I can't tell what that's supposed to address. :/
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #9) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Pulcher »

'Sup Blue Murder.

@Arugula, Post 155: I have ~reasons~ for my vote, but I'm not going to explain just yet, there's something I need to see first. Also, you seem to have left the WIFOM involved in your vote out of consideration when it came to why I disliked your vote. Of course, that has been discussed to death now, so it's only wasting time to retread that.

@LastSurvivor, Post 165: Why did you wait so long to address my vote? It was eleven whole posts after it (not counting NS posts), and two in-between were yours! And what is the point of trying to apply your scum-meta onto me, someone you've never played with before? I wanted to get a GIF to show how incredibly ludicrous that is, but apparently even the internet is surprised by how ridiculous that was.

@Gen, Moosey, Rach: None of you addressed my vote. Did you miss it like Gen did? What did you think of it? Why did you ignore it/say nothing about it?

@Sigma:
Why do you think I voted for you?

Lemme say that, in general, it looks bad as hell that no one had anything to say until Arugula brought it up. That will be noted for later.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #10) » Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Pulcher »

In post 179, Lastsurvivor wrote:
Also, I pointed out an aspect of my scum meta that is a huge scum tell.

BULLSHIT.

In post 165, Lastsurvivor wrote:
@Rach: Don't Pulcher's post by post summaries look...familiar? AKA, what I do when I'm scum (see: N1206)?

Where is there anything about your meta pointed out? You never mentioned walls in your post at all. Also, this is also just as cryptic as what you called me out on.

Also, I pointed out an aspect of my scum meta that is a huge scum tell. Posting only huge walls like you do is a great scum strategy because it looks like you're doing something productive and
no one is going to read your walls.

Don't sign up for a text based game if you don't want to read. My posts aren't that long, and I leave out quote boxes solely to cut down on length. Compare the size of this post to my last, then take out the quotes. There's a huge difference. I have seen MUCH bigger posts than mine before, and everyone was just fine reading them.

All of the scummy stuff you do is hidden.

And that would be? List every scummy thing I had done at the time you voted for me. Go on, now.

In post 179, Lastsurvivor wrote:The length = town fallacy is one that plagues townies constantly and is so easy to take advantage of as scum, and I'm pretty sure you're taking advantage of it.

You're argument is just as bad: 'length = scum' is what it's boiled down to.

Also, here's something interesting:

In post 152, Lastsurvivor wrote:
I see we're evolving into a wall based game, which is good.
I think we're getting somewhere.

Why have you made a 180 flip on your views on walls? And this post is
directly after my last 'wall'

In post 177, Pulcher wrote:I have ~reasons~ for my vote, but I'm not going to explain just yet, there's something I need to see first.

Please stop being cryptic.

Do you seriously want me to start going, "Hey, guys, I'm gonna post a vote on Sigma to see how he reacts! *u*"? Or do I need to point out why that isn't done AGAIN? And frankly, I'm surprised no one has figured out it was a reaction vote since I've been
asking people how they reacted to it
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #11) » Wed May 16, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Pulcher »

1) Yes, because being vague about something that the rest of us can't know isn't cryptic.
2) Really? Because I'm starting to wonder, given how so many people say 'I didn't see that'. Not reading something because it's longer than one line of text is just plain laziness, and there's no excuse for it.
3) No. I ALREADY SAID that it was because it was based on WIFOM.
4) Bullshit. Aren't you the one that just said walls aren't content? Don't just say 'oh, I meant x' when you get caught in a contradiction. Try again, smartass.

Also, do you have any actual, concrete scumtells from me
in this game
, or are you seriously pushing a lynch on me because of something YOU did in a different game?
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #12) » Wed May 16, 2012 11:33 am

Post by Pulcher »

In post 186, Lastsurvivor wrote:
What in the world do you mean by this?

In post 177, Pulcher wrote: Also, you seem to have left the WIFOM involved in your vote out of consideration when it came to why I disliked your vote.

In post 151, Pulcher wrote:@Arugula, Post 123: Didn't we already address WIFOM on that answer

READ MY DAMN POSTS. HIS VOTE ON SIGMA WAS MADE ON SOMETHING WE ALREADY ADDRESSED AS WIFOM. Do I have to be keep being shouty and cussing out you to get you to read, or do you expect me to repeat myself 4 times every time I say something?

In post 186, Lastsurvivor wrote:
When people are posting walls it means that there's thorough, in depth interaction going on.
Content is being produced. Sure, it could be produced without walls, but it's a newbie game. There is a difference between post by post summaries and walls.
All post by post summaries are walls
, but not all walls are post by post summaries. ETC.

I don't need to twist wording when you contradict yourself without any help. And how are these post by post summaries? I am responding to questions addressed to me, giving my opinions and thoughts, and asking others questions that I see as important? What in this game so far would you call a good wall? What qualifies something as a post by post summary? What are you doing that you'd say is more useful than what I'm doing? All you've done is the exact same things, except that you spread it out over more posts than necessary and clutter the thread.
AND FOR THE THIRD TIME, WHAT HAVE I DONE THAT IS SCUMMY BESIDES THIS ONE THING THAT YOU KEEP RETREADING?
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #13) » Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 am

Post by Pulcher »

In post 191, Lastsurvivor wrote:FTR you could answer calmly. I don't apply to the aggressive = town school of thought.

1.) I didn't think I could, since you repeatedly ignored parts of my posts. However, I realize now that you STILL ignore me, so I guess I could've, huh?
2.) Case in point: I never said I did, that is a logical fallacy to assume so. I said right in the quote it is because you continue to ignore parts of my posts. Thanks for proving my point!

In post 188, Fitz wrote:I also agree that it's somewhat ridiculous to give a hint at being the cop or some special ("I have ~reasons~") on Day 1. Please explain yourself, Pulcher. What are your reasons?

Listen. Have you read the set-up? Do you know how the game is played? Because none of the power roles get to perform their special actions until Night 1. How would this be breadcrumbing
at all
? As for my reasons, let me again quote myself, since people still refuse to read anything that I post.

In post 183, Pulcher wrote:Do you seriously want me to start going, "Hey, guys, I'm gonna post a vote on Sigma to see how he reacts! *u*"? Or do I need to point out why that isn't done AGAIN? And frankly, I'm surprised no one has figured out it was a reaction vote since I've been
asking people how they reacted to it

In post 190, RachMarie wrote:his "hiding information from town".

In post 151, Pulcher wrote:If you say that a vote is a pressure vote and that you'd unvote if others hop on, then
it's not going to apply pressure

In post 190, RachMarie wrote:That is far different from screaming at LS for 2 or 3 rather wall like posts because he noted that you (meaning Pulcher), was posting in a style with a bit more fluff long posts that looked like it could be scummy.

Nope. You haven't been reading either, apparently. He has not given one single thing that he said was fluff/irrelevant. I even asked three times, though I really doubt anyone even reads anything I write at all.

In post 201, RachMarie wrote:Walls with substance is one thing, huge walls with mostly information and not a lot of analysis is another it is called IILoA, and is viewed as scummy.

IIoA is what I'm being accused of, yes?

In post 191, Lastsurvivor wrote:
It
wasn't
part of your reaction test then? I.E, you were being legitimate when you said you didn't like Arugula's vote? I understood the WIFOM part, but you didn't really answer the question.

Yes, I'm sorry, that didn't occur to me. Yes, me talking about the WIFOM was legitimate, and it was why I didn't like Arugula's vote on Sigma. I did, however, answer the question: you asked if that was part of the 'test' (which was mostly to see what Sigma himself had to say about it, and what conclusions he'd jump to, based on how he made up shit out of wholecloth in response to Gen in 136) and I said 'No'.

In post 191, Lastsurvivor wrote:You go post by post and just spout out irrelevant stuff or ask questions that aren't really important. You haven't really taken a stance on a player except Sigma, which is apparently a reaction test.

1.) Which questions were irrelevant/unimportant and why?
2.) Your stances at that point had mostly been your own reaction tests or going after lurkers.

Oh, that's a big statement without any facts to back it up there Pulcher.

1.) You removed context. Nice.
2.) The funny thing is, I either get called out for no evidence or I have to do a
literal
post-by-post commentary. But you know what? Fuck it, let's have it.

Spoiler: Literal Post-by-Post, LS ISO Edition (Because he requested it ;D)
In post 55, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 42, Fitz wrote:Not nervous, I just don't want to be lynched. Like everyone else. You know?

That sounds pretty nervous.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Fitz

Quick to jump on Fitz over something silly. We were only in, like, a few hours into the game, and it seems rather over-eager to place suspicion on someone.

In post 56, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 53, MooseyGoosey wrote:That's in all honesty not a good way to start at all.

Gen, out of interest. What would your preffered method this game be to go about hunting the mafia members?

I'm not Gen, but I play a very gut/process of elimination (PoE) based game. Typically if I have time I'll do a reread and create some town/scum reads based on gut. Then I look through my non-town reads (null, scum reads) and go through their ISOs and decide which is most likely to be the scum.

ISOs are your friend. Don't ignore them.

You should always be looking out for things that don't make a lot of sense. When reading a post, think "What motivation does town have to post this? What about scum?" Most of the time, you'll find that both town and scum would have motivation. Think about which has more.

Gen feel free to add more. :3

@Arugula: That doesn't really answer the question.

This is a post that seems to meet his standards for 'long,' yet all it is game theory and irrelevant to the game, not to mention that the question wasn't even directed at him. He also responds to SOMETHING ELSE that wasn't directed at him. What was the point of this post?

In post 71, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 63, Gen_Wolf wrote:On a serious need, why did you feel the need to answer this question? Almost as if you are trying to get in front and lead town?

I was bored. :3

In post 65, Fitz wrote:That sounds like you're mafia looking for any excuse at all to vote for a townie. I could have said anything and you would have voted for me, it seems. Why are you so haste, or since this is a newbie game, could you enlighten me as to what would the correct response have been in your eyes? (FoS: Lastsurvivor)

I'll UNVOTE: Harisk because I was only doing it as a prod, but I'm keeping my eye on him since he voted for me without reason, almost as if he were following Lastsurvivor's vote, who I'm suspicious of.

I’ll be honest; I was probably going to vote you unless you flat out said no. Call it a reaction test.

You reacted well. Someone else did not.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Harisk

Harisk, why are you voting Fitz?

@Moosey: My reread where I determine my gut reads does involve going off things people say and finding scum slips. I only use my gut to find town, not to find scum. If that makes sense.

Explains away the prior Fitz vote as a reaction tes. I can buy that. He's suspicious of HaRisk/Rach for that vote, and I can't blame him. He asks HaRisk about the vote... Oh look, that's similar to what I did in 177 in regards to getting people's opinions and analyses of my vote! Imagine that. Oh, and more game theory to round out the post. Nice.

In post 81, Lastsurvivor wrote:I saw Sigma's "maybe" too but didn't really feel like commenting on it. Really, it's WIFOM to think about the true motives behind it. Fitz's wordy explanation is really why anyone who plays stupid games like that should just be ignored. It's gonna confuse the town.

Short post to re-iterate what others have said and adds nothing to the conversation whatsoever. What is even the point of posting to parrot other people?

In post 83, Lastsurvivor wrote:So...where is everyone?

Do we have some people that need replacements or what?

Fluff post talking about lack of activity yet not trying to CAUSE activity. Again, is there any point to this at all other than to say that you posted?

In post 85, Lastsurvivor wrote:I've been waiting on HaRisk but he hasn't posted since Tuesday. He's due for a prod in an hour or so.

So...I'll just bring my point to the town while we wait. What do you all think of HaRisk just jumping on the crappy HaRisk wagon I made? Personally, I think it's a scummy vote since Fitz's response wasn't really scummy nor had he done anything scummy really.

Now he's repeating what he's said earlier, asking other people what THEY think, and adding nothing new. Though, I will give him credit for trying to spur activity, because God knows we needed it.

In post 87, Lastsurvivor wrote:Yeah Fitz.

And good. Good. ;)

Another fluff post. Once more, nothing is added and it just takes up room in the thread.

In post 92, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 90, Pulcher wrote:I like these guys. Also, what do you see about LastSurvivor, Fitz? LastSurvivor, why do you think Fitz sees you as scummy (if you can answer before Fitz does)?

Fitz has basically already said why he thinks I'm scummy. I think he dislikes this post mostly.

Okay, this one doesn't have much, but it was in response to a stupid question of mine. At least he was actually bothering to answer me at this point in time, and I'd say I'm to blame this post being redundant.

In post 93, Lastsurvivor wrote:If there's a scum that's lurking/coasting in our lull of discussion, I think it'd be MooseyGoosey...

Anyone agree?

If HaRisk is replaced my vote goes to Moosey until we see what his replacement's like. ATM though I think a HaRisk/Moosey team is possible...but a lot of things are possible due to the inactivity and lack of info. We've actually been playing for almost a week. :/

All he does here is point a finger at somebody for lurking and comment on lack of activity without really doing much.

In post 98, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 94, Gen_Wolf wrote:
In post 72, SigmaEXE003 wrote:
8. What are your stances on lurking and lying?
I don't mind lurking if the lurker contributes when they are here. Lying, well, you won't really know if it's a lie until it's too late, if at all. No use lingering on the past when you do find out. Of course, unless you're using to catch a scumbuddy, but don't make it a personal thing.

What about Stigma, he's only had two posts and one of them was a "/confirm". The other was when he answered the questions:

The one above stood out. I was thinking, maybe he doesn't mind lurking this game because he is involved in the scum fraction of this game? It's quite hard to get a read on someone who hasn't posted at all but him and HaRisk are the two who have posted least :/

Any thoughts?

I excluded Sigma because he had already been prodded (and has been prodded again). Doesn't seem like scum coasting, because usually they pay attention and make sure they avoid prods.

My theory might be bust though since MooseyGoosey just got prodded. I expected him to react to my post before his prod.

Still adds nothing. Says his last 'lead' is probably a bust, but doesn't bother to provide any alternatives. At all.

In post 99, Lastsurvivor wrote:That said, there are a lot of people who look like they could be coasting just because of their low post counts. I don't think we can search for lulling scum yet...

Goes in to say people could be scum for low post count, without doing anything productive. Could've fit nicely into that last contentless post to save some room in the thread, hmm?

In post 113, Lastsurvivor wrote:Hmm...

Rach does anything from the game stick out? So far not much has happened but... :/

Asks Rach to find something to analyze/discuss, instead of, you know, trying to do something himself. Pull your own weight, it's not everyone else's job to bring these things to you on a silver platter.

In post 117, Lastsurvivor wrote:Excellent.

I was mostly referring to your lazy posting throughout the week, not your inactivity during the weekend. You posted enough to avoid prods, but not enough to stand out.

Again, he repeats what he said earlier without bringing anything new to the table. What is the point of all these posts? Did you eviscerate a teddy bear and needed a way to dispose of the fluff?

In post 120, Lastsurvivor wrote:I think I like Moosey...

Arugula, you suspicious of Rach?

Just a quick comment about how his opinion on Moosey changed, and a question for Arugula. A relevant post, finally.

In post 126, Lastsurvivor wrote:I'm not banking on Sigma coming back.

Rach, what do you think of...anyone really?

Asks Rach to find something to analyze/discuss, instead of, you know, trying to do something himself. Pull your own weight, it's not everyone else's job to bring these things to you on a silver platter.

In post 127, Lastsurvivor wrote:(Sorry for the questioning, I don't really suspect you...just your predecessor :P)

An afterthought to the last post, wasn't really necessary.

In post 129, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 128, RachMarie wrote:@LS I don't think you will get away with being lazy in this game (yes a poke at meta but its a null point he is lazy whether he is town or scum), we really DO need more activity we are down to 12 days and some change, and have how many posts? And no, I have not yet figured out who the scum are.

I
do
have the second highest post count here (excluding NS)...:P

UNVOTE:

Okay, he seems to equate posting with content here. Uh, guy, most of your posts aren't worth much, don't think having a lot of posts absolves you from suspicion. May have just been a joke, but since there was nothing else there it's just wasting space.

In post 130, Lastsurvivor wrote:And...

VOTE: Arugula

I agree with Rach that he doesn't really done much other than post RQS. I also don't like how he voted for Sigma who most likely isn't coming back. It looks like he's avoiding conflict but still trying to look like he's participating.

This one is directly after his last post, could've very easily been part of it, and just sheeps Rach's lead. Seeing a pattern here?

In post 132, Lastsurvivor wrote:Because Sigma's not going to be able to reply to your vote. Nor will his successor.

In post 134, Lastsurvivor wrote:Of course it isn't. But your vote's kinda wasted right now.

These two are just one line posts, but it's clarification on the whole Arugula thing, so it at least has some content to it.

In post 149, Lastsurvivor wrote:Arugula what do you think of Sigma now?

Asks about Sigma without ever giving any opinions/thoughts/analysis of his own.

In post 152, Lastsurvivor wrote:I didn't read real carefully (was focusing on another game earlier today). Pulcher makes an excellent point about Gen's 144.

I see we're evolving into a wall based game, which is good. I think we're getting somewhere.

Moosey, what do you think of Arugula and Sigma?

This one stands out for me. He admits to not reading posts carefully, in this case Gen's (and by his later posts, mine too). It should probably be obvious that someone who quickly skims through posts like that won't be of any help to town. There's also the matter of him stating that walls are good (I'll address this in a moment), which is still raising a lot of flags for me right now.

In post 163, Lastsurvivor wrote:@Arug: I don't see the case against Sigma, to answer your question.

Any thoughts on who's scummy now?

I like how you're accusing me of not taking a stance when you yourself spend more time asking opinions than giving them.

In post 165, Lastsurvivor wrote:Ah, yes...that post from Gen does seem to be popular.

I actually don't like Pulcher. In his post 151 he says that he dislikes Arugula's Sigma vote...and then goes on to vote Sigma?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pulcher

@Rach: Don't Pulcher's post by post summaries look...familiar? AKA, what I do when I'm scum (see: N1206)?

Doesn't give any opinions on the Gen post he references here, and this is when he starts his case on me. The problem here being, he waited until Arugula brought it up first, which is either him being opportunistic here or he really wasn't reading very well. One is scummy, one is anti-town, and both are bad news.

He also makes a vague reference to something that only Rach could know and, by his own admission, doesn't even exist on the site anymore! And this isn't cryptic? I don't like that you're going to vaguely refer to something, ask another player to explain, and then jump in and use their explanation as your main argument while claiming to have pointed out exactly what she said, when that is a straight up lie. I also don't like that the player happens to be Rach, because you seem to be sheeping her and using her as a crutch when you don't have anything to say. I can see this one instance being the intent, but you've already gone to her twice to ask her to start discussing, and it looks bad.

In post 167, Lastsurvivor wrote:Pulcher kinda vanished for a few days though. I'd hypothesize that during our lull there was one scum posting and one scum lurking. Partner scum tend to do that.

Next post being about my disappearance for two days. This is a fair argument, I can see why that is suspicious. (For the record, I had a lot of homework and too little time, but I didn't want to have to keep giving excuses. However, I won't blame anyone if they don't buy that, it can't really be proven and has come after the fact.)

In post 177, Pulcher wrote:@LastSurvivor, Post 165: Why did you wait so long to address my vote? It was eleven whole posts after it (not counting NS posts), and two in-between were yours! And what is the point of trying to apply your scum-meta onto me, someone you've never played with before? I wanted to get a GIF to show how incredibly ludicrous that is, but apparently even the internet is surprised by how ridiculous that was.

I didn't notice it until Arugula brought it up.

Also, I pointed out an aspect of my scum meta that is a huge scum tell. Posting only huge walls like you do is a great scum strategy because it looks like you're doing something productive and no one is going to read your walls. All of the scummy stuff you do is hidden. The length = town fallacy is one that plagues townies constantly and is so easy to take advantage of as scum, and I'm pretty sure you're taking advantage of it.

In post 177, Pulcher wrote:I have ~reasons~ for my vote, but I'm not going to explain just yet, there's something I need to see first.

Please stop being cryptic.

This is the post where things got interesting, and where I started to lose my temper. Okay, you state that you didn't see my vote, but as I said before, that's not exactly absolving you of anything.

This is where you state you pointed out a huge scum tell, and you're quick to say I'm taking advantage of it. However, you never once say when or where I took advantage of it. You can't give any proof that I have, yet you're making plenty of accusations. I still haven't seen you back any of that up.

In post 181, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 171, Gen_Wolf wrote:Can you explain this for the rest of us please, the part addressed to Rach?

Basically in N1206 (my first ever scum game) I never made concise posts. Instead, I would link to posts and write commentary, ask questions, etc. In general I looked like I was busy while not really doing anything. A lot like what Pulcher is doing.

In post 180, Arugula wrote:LastSurvivor bringing up meta from a previous game is pure WIFOM and it wasn't townie.

It was mostly an aside to Rach, who actually played N1206 with me. I don't really expect everyone else to take my word for me, especially since my part in the game was lost in the crash.

Again, he makes accusations against me, yet either can't or doesn't bother to point out any times where I was actually 'not doing anything'. Claims that the meta, which as Arugula pointed out was WIFOM, was an aside to Rach. And yet you still continue to base your argument on it. If you don't find it strong, and it was just 'an aside', why have you based your entire argument on it?

In post 182, Lastsurvivor wrote:Also, for those who don't understand WIFOM, here's the scene from The Princess Bride! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9f3GSA9yfc

Pointless post. Gen had already linked to the wiki, which has a prominent link to that very video. Not to mention that it's completely irrelevant.

In post 184, Lastsurvivor wrote:Oooo this is getting good.

@Pulcher:

1) Oh, I think it's less cryptic. Rach knew I was referring to my post by post summaries which were huge walls. A little bit bigger than yours, but just as unreadable.
2) Most people read the text in this game. Not walls though.
3)
In post 165, Lastsurvivor wrote:I actually don't like Pulcher. In his post 151 he says that he dislikes Arugula's Sigma vote...and then goes on to vote Sigma?

I mean, you're saying it was a reaction vote...which is interesting. Was saying that you disliked Arugula's Sigma vote part of the test?
4) By wall based, I meant content based. AKA, we're actually getting shit done. You've always posted only walls, so I wasn't really referring to you. ;)
5) I mean, you can if you want. It doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Okay, here, he's addressing only a handful of my points from my last post. He says he wasn't cryptic because Rach knew what it was, but he sure as hell wasn't clear, either. 1 out of 8 other players understanding a vague comment does mean it wasn't cryptic. He also says people don't read 'walls', which again is just laziness and anti-town as hell.

Now, he goes back and says 'When I said wall in 152, I meant content.' I don't buy that. These past few posts have been using the word 'wall' as a negative term, and it's really easy for someone to go back when they make a mistake and say 'oh I meant this word, not that.' It seems to me that you've been caught in a contradiction and are just trying to cover your tracks so you're current argument doesn't fall apart.

It is also interesting to note that this is the first time you ignored my question about 'all the scummy things' you say I've done yet don't point out.

In post 186, Lastsurvivor wrote:I'm just gonna cut through this angry defense and address the points that matter.

In post 185, Pulcher wrote:3) No. I ALREADY SAID that it was because it was based on WIFOM.

What in the world do you mean by this?

About point 4: When people are posting walls it means that there's thorough, in depth interaction going on. Content is being produced. Sure, it could be produced without walls, but it's a newbie game.

You, on the other hand, post post by post summaries which don't say as much compared to their length. Stop twisting my words. There is a difference between post by post summaries and walls. All post by post summaries are walls, but not all walls are post by post summaries. ETC.

Okay, he admits to not even bothering with most of my last post. That's swell, isn't it? Now he's accusing me of twisting his words, but the thing is, I haven't; he repeatedly calls my posts walls, treats them as bad things, and said that people don't read walls. And yet, here, he says walls are good things that means content is being produced. This is contradicting your argument against my walls being contentless. He introduces a new term, 'post-by-post summaries', in order to 'clarify.' I don't like how he never brought up this term before, instead just calling them walls until I pointed out how he can't keep his story straight. And then in this same post, he goes on to say that all post0by-post summaries are walls, even though he just said that walls produce content. Get your story straight. This is also the second time he refused to give any scumtells other than his flimsy argument that he even he doesn't seem able to keep straight.

In post 187, Pulcher wrote:READ MY DAMN POSTS. HIS VOTE ON SIGMA WAS MADE ON SOMETHING WE ALREADY ADDRESSED AS WIFOM. Do I have to be keep being shouty and cussing out you to get you to read, or do you expect me to repeat myself 4 times every time I say something?

FTR you could answer calmly. I don't apply to the aggressive = town school of thought.

Anyway...I'm dense. It
wasn't
part of your reaction test then? I.E, you were being legitimate when you said you didn't like Arugula's vote? I understood the WIFOM part, but you didn't really answer the question.

And how are these post by post summaries?

You go post by post and just spout out irrelevant stuff or ask questions that aren't really important. You haven't really taken a stance on a player except Sigma, which is apparently a reaction test.

If you really want me to define a good wall, I think it'd be one that occurs when a player is making an argument or defending against one. Gen's 140/141 perhaps?

All you've done is the exact same things, except that you spread it out over more posts than necessary and clutter the thread.

Oh, that's a big statement without any facts to back it up there Pulcher.
-----

Fitz, when you say "opposite sides," are you saying that this is a town/scum argument?

Answers some questions, finally, but answers them with more accusations, refuses to cite examples from my posts, and for the third time ignores my question about my supposed scumminess. This time, the question was bolded and italicised, so if he didn't see it, then he's blind, or otherwise he refuses to back up his accusations. This means they either baseless or shaky, and yet he's pushing a lynch. This is scummy as hell. He then proceeds to ask me to explain why I think he's not contributing much, so here it is, I put my money where my mouth is. Your turn.

SUMMARY BECAUSE YOU'LL NEED IT:

LS's total posts: 32 (this is without the RQS and confirm posts)
Fluff posts: 16
Posts with content/relevance: 16

UNVOTE: , VOTE: Lastsurvivor

I want to ISO Rach next, I still don't like Sigma, I'm going to review Fitz to see if his past behavior lines up with that fallacy/possible scumslip, and I'm curious about Gen not taking a stance on my and LS's exchange, though he's low priority.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #14) » Thu May 17, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Pulcher »

I should also mention that in Post 152, Post 179, and Post 184 he mentions not reading things carefully.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #15) » Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 am

Post by Pulcher »

1.) That means you're only useful half the time. You called me out for not having 'content' when half of what you have is fluff. I.e., you're being a hypocrite.
2.) Have you noticed that those posts are you asking for her to start discussion without trying to on your own? Or how you blatantly sheeped and added nothing?
3.) Then why did you not focus on that over the aside? And how did the whole 'reaction vote' factor into this? You're pushing a lynch on me for only one scumtell.
4.) 'No' is an appropriate response to 'Do you have any other scumtells on me?'
5.) YOU STILL HAVEN'T GIVEN EXAMPLES OF WHAT WAS 'SILLY' OR 'IRRELEVANT.'

If you bothered to stop being lazy and READ, you would've found that I said it was anti-Town in my ISO. I couldn't give less of a shit if you always play as lazy, like Rach says, because that means you're just making things easier for the scum. And don't give me that 'everyone does it' horseshit, that doesn't justify you.

For your 'summary': You have been saying I don't do much or take any stances, but you
do exactly the same damn thing
. Now why the hell is it okay for you and not me?

And for the record, of course that wall is IIoA, because you asked me
to prove that you've been doing what you accuse me of

P-EDIT: Okay, you pulled nine things from four of my 15 posts. Let's look at the Math, hmm? I had one confirm, one RVS vote, and one RQS post. That leaves me with 12 posts. That means 4:12 or 1:3 of my posts are 'silly' or 'irrelevant', whereas you have 1:2. (Hint: that means you have more fluff compared to content than I do)
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (isolation #16) » Thu May 17, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Pulcher »

Also, WHAT THE FUCK PART OF 'YOU DON'T ANNOUNCE PRESSURE/REACTION VOTES' DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? You agreed with me when it was about Gen.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #17) » Sat May 19, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Pulcher »

Bluh, emotions probably are getting in the way with the LS thing so an UNVOTE: until I can curb the attitude and be productive about any of that.

I'm glad the Fitz wagon is falling apart, it's a bad lynch. His thing about LS and I being on opposite sides wasn't a scumslip, just a bad assumption in the vein of the 'disagrees with me/wrong = scum' fallacy. Notice he followed it with 'No way they would do this if they're both scum,' which strikes me as naive (not the word I want but close enough). Fitz's play thus far has just been that of a careful person, as per the many times he's tried to not take wine into his suspicions. He's been fairly active when here and hasn't done anything else that's scummy, so we can probably find a better lynch in the week we have left.

Sigma showing up again has struck me as interesting. He only seems to post when there's a prod on him, and he was quick to jump on the biggest wagon at the time. That, with his calling out Arugula for not unvoting only to say 'Meh, it's not important' is making him look really bad to me. Thoughts?
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #18) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 am

Post by Pulcher »

Morton, LS is right about your case just repeating what I've said, and I dropped it because we were going in circles. If you don't like his case, fine, but please bring something NEW to the table. And I honestly don't see where he's gotten worked up over this.

The fact that you're beating an already undead horse like this isn't making me feel better about your slot. LS isn't exempt from suspicion, of course, but until/unless we get something new to work with, we've gotten everything we can out of this ordeal.

Between this and Sigma's earlier behavior, I'm ready to VOTE: Morton.
That's L-1, please don't hammer until we're all in agreement and Morton's had his final say.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (isolation #19) » Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Pulcher »

Morton, you neglected the part where I told you to bring something new. You're free to use those points, but without anything else, you've told us nothing that my exchange with him hasn't. It just seems like you're trying to waste time and distract us from the current wagon on you.

I'll review Rach, but would you care to cite examples of what you're claiming? Is this the only scumtell you have on Rach? You seem to like to tell people to do that, so return the favor.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (isolation #20) » Thu May 24, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Pulcher »

In post 339, Jal wrote:Pulcher - After the episode with LS, you haven't been commenting or contributing as much we you did prior. Do you believe Morton to be scum? Who else reads scummy to you? I'd like to hear more of your reads on others.

I found Morton/Sigma scummy, but I'm starting to feel better about him because he has moved on to something more productive. I find Rach scummy for being rather careful until someone else pioneers a lynch (More on that in a minute). Fitz has given me some town vibes, and Gen slightly so. I was leaning towards scum for LS, but I've given him a null read given the emotion involved and I'm unsure how much of that is affecting my judgement. Everyone else is null at the moment, though I want to look into Arugula and see what others see.

Having re-read Rach, I noticed something interesting that I don't think has been brought up with the case on her. Both of her votes came after others directed attention to the targets. Her vote on me didn't come until after Arugula and Last Survivor commented on me. Once, I'd chalk up as not seeing it, but her Sigma vote didn't crop up until I brought him up and Arugula and Lowman agreed in the two following posts. While I will admit that the latter was her first post since I brought up the Sigma case, I find it telling that her only two votes in the entire game were on whoever was talked about most. I also don't like that she was quick to call OMGUS on Morton even though he had given reasons, and never claimed it when he voted for LS (or when I did, for that matter).

Arugula has done very little. He gives opinions here and there, he explains when people ask, but I don't see too much of... anything in his posts, really. I'm getting slight scum vibes, as it feels like it could be Active Lurking, but I'm not so sure about a lynch on him just yet. Do you have anything else on him, Gen?

UNVOTE: . I'd be okay with a Rach lynch, methinks, but I'd prefer to hear what she has to say and find out about Gen's case on Arugula before I do any voting.
Pulcher
Pulcher
Townie
Pulcher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #21) » Fri May 25, 2012 8:32 am

Post by Pulcher »

In post 429, Jal wrote:Mainly, Pulcher's unvote off of you and sudden suspicion for Rach reads as disingenuous to me.
He feels better about you because you've moved onto something more productive? Like what?
You've been doing and saying the same things as previously.

He stopped rehashing the argument against LS and moved on to Rach, who hadn't been discussed much prior. The former went nowhere while the latter resulted in Rach's ISO results and made us talk about something new, i.e. it was more productive. I really don't see how this is that difficult to comprehend?

In post 409, Jal wrote:
During the walls fest, Pulcher is very active in the thread, except between post 209 and post 255 (the LS unvote).
What happened between that absence?

Long story short, it was a cool-down. I can go into detail if you really want, but it's not all that relevant and it sounds like AtE even to me.

In post 409, Jal wrote:
Looks to me like Pulcher hopped on an easy-to-lynch bandwagon and is the most scummiest of the votes placed on Morton.

Why me over others? I mean, Rach's was pretty similar to my reasoning except more vague.

As for 'hopping on the easy-to-lynch' wagon, notice I could've very easily stayed on the Morton wagon, or immediately switched my vote to Rach. Both were easy targets, yet I did neither. I could've also jumped on Fitz's wagon, bringing it back up to three, yet I didn't. You could very well have said that about anybody who was on a large wagon at any point in the game.

In post 424, Jal wrote:One reason I am hesitant to vote Rach is how this bandwagon is forming. LS votes for Rach and suddenly people (Pulcher) come out of the woodwork saying they may have found something scummy with her? Give me a break.

I reviewed her, and I saw something worth mentioning. What is wrong with that, exactly?

As far as the ISOs, I honestly don't have much to add to what's already been said, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Spoiler: The Requested ISOs
Rach
remained fairly null to me for a while. I did get suspicious of her after the LS thing (the apparent buddying), but the ISOs never materialized because I began to feel unsure of how much was confirmation bias. After the re-read, I noticed what others have said about her not taking stances (until that got prodded, anyway), and her only two votes came as support for their wagons increased. I don't consider either one of those individually worth much, but together they start to look bad. Her reactions to Mort and Arugula, I found interesting. I can understand frustrated posting, but it struck me as unusual. She was quick to accuse Morton of OMGUS when he voted for her when it was not, and it seems to me like a Square Peg/Round Hole deal. All in all, I'm still getting some
slight scum vibes

Morton
I disliked at first for re-treading the same argument that led to nowhere before, etc. etc. As I said before, I'm starting to feel better about him now that he's moved on to other things that haven't been discussed, and his posts are starting to look more frustrated to me than scummy. I'm still wary, but right now he's seeming more
null

Gen
hasn't really given me much reason to suspect him. He explains himself well when there's a concern and he's been making good efforts to try to find scum. I feel safe giving him a
town read

I have run out of steam, as can be seen by the pathetic ISO, I'll see if I can't address the Arugula situation before Day end.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”