Newbie 208 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:59 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Rand vote:Yamahako
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

bigAl wrote:^^that was odd^^ :? Why the vote, unvote, vote?

Arafax wrote:I'm gonna go with bigAl...He's got shifty eyes
vote - bigAl
Last Newb game I got voted because I
didn't
have shifty eyes...
maby Arafax is really doing drugs!!!
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:15 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

relax
their really is no way to mess up in a game
(O.K. you could do somthing dumb like tell people you are scum but you almost have to try it mess up)
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:07 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

I may be the only one to do this but when i read a post I imagin the person saying it in real life in person. and Yamahako when you post i imagin a hyperactive little kid with a really high piched voice so I'm content to leave my vote where it is and also Yamahako seems almost parinoied about finding the mafia on day 1 maby he is scum trying to throw suspicion of himself
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Joker wrote:bdwhoX, please tell us your mental models for the rest of us too, we're feeling left out. :)

Fritzler, I for one am looking forward to your mockery. :)
I to am looking forward to the mockery

and because you asked I will tell you how I see you and if the rest of you beg and grovel I may reviel my personal opinions.

Joker how i see you personality wise
you seem like a guy that just got out of colledge and got their first real job. Much of the time you are serious and good at this game and the rest of the time you revert to your inner frat boy and become compleatly random Yet at the same time you are able to inject humor into any comment serious or other wise :D
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

2 things
1:Yamahako just stating that you are a child at heart and are over eager

2: vote count please :mrgreen:
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:59 am

Post by bdwhoX »

Joker wrote:
bdwhoX wrote:their really is no way to mess up in a game
(O.K. you could do somthing dumb like tell people you are scum but you almost have to try it mess up)
Why did you cite a dumb scum move and not a dumb townie move? Sounds kind of scummy, maybe a signal to another scum. Why not cite a simple townie mistake such as role-claiming too soon? Are you just scum trying to trick us newbies into doing something stupid?

That said, we do need people to talk. Don't be silent just because you're afraid of messing up. Yamahako, IF you are scum, go ahead and screw up. It's ok, really.
I used that because it is probibly the biggist mistake you can make. I was going for the extreem end of the spectrum.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Under the influence of Stark's mind control machine:

Yay! Stark is so cool! He is awesome! Yay for Stark! Yippie! He is such a cool mod! Go Stark! W00t! He is so cool that I vow never to critisize his vote-counting abilities again! Yippie!
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Joker wrote:
bigAl wrote:
Joker wrote:Now, have bigAl's eyes stopped shifting or am I imagining things? What say Arafax about the shift from shifty to non-shifty, or the lack thereof?
No idea what you're talking about...
The eyes in your avatar no longer shift, I thought maybe you changed it. Maybe it's my browser, not displaying the animation in animated gifs. My bad, nevermind. :oops:
his eyes no longer shift for me ether I think bigal did change his avatar
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:27 am

Post by bdwhoX »

Glork wrote:
Yamahako wrote:Am I supposed to have a partner?
Not unless you're a mafiate.

Joker was indicating that he felt bdwhoX is scum by asking who his "partner" (read: scum-mate) was.
well someone could agree with someone else in a preveous game to be partners. But for the most part you are right
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:11 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

the reason I have not been posting compleatly relivent stuff is because at the moment no one has given me reason to go after them so if I have no focus I just make small talk to try and detect something or find a slip up.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:03 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Joker wrote:I have no complaints with Glork's interpretations of my accusation.

Glork said it's too early for such an accusation. I disagree. Indeed it WAS "on somewhat poor foundation" and bdwhoX's statement WAS "a fairly innocent one" and my claim WAS/IS rather dubious. So what? I'm looking for something. I might have found something. Give it a chance, man. Why come to bdwhoX's defense so quickly? That looks a bit suspicious.
An answer to your questions (in order)

So what?
: some people may perceve this as a way to throw suspicion off yourself

Why come to bdwhoX's defense so quickly?
: I think glork's last post clarifys that quite well.
glork wrote:Joker wrote:
What I was going to post until I realized their was a noose around my neck: I'm still suspicious of Glork for coming to bdwhoX's defense so quickly, HE didn't respond to that. And I'm getting more suspicious of Ameliaslay because she still hasn't given any explanations or reasoning at all.
Actually, I don't think I defended bdwhoX in any way. I didn't offer any explanation for or rationalization of bdwhoX's actions/words. What I was doing was questioning your level of aggression. I feel that implying "X is scum and Y or Z is their partner" that early in the game is stupid, scummy, or both. If bdwhoX and I were scumfolk together, I'd give you . You're mistaking pressure on one player for defense of another here.
The other thing I was trying to do was establish in my own mind what kind of player you are. Some players around here like using bold claims and strong hyperbole to make their points. You came across as one of these players, and I wanted to test your reaction to some counter-pressure. If you really think bdwhoX is scum, you should keep pressuring him (which you are). I'm actually quite satisfied with your responses since my initial vote, so I'm going to Unvote.

In other news: I'd like Ameliaslay to give a firm opinion on one person she thinks stands out as being pro-town or unusually scummy. I'd also like to hear bdwhoX weigh in again, especially with regards to Joker's pressure on him. (Because paper trails are always a good thing.)
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:20 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Yamahako wrote:I think it's possible that bdwhox and joker are acting against each other as a way to separate themselves in our minds so if we get one of them, we'll assume the other is innocent.
or joker thinks i'm scum and I'm trying to prove him wrong (and he is wrong)
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:51 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Arafax wrote:
or joker thinks i'm scum and I'm trying to prove him wrong (and he is wrong
bdwhox, maybe you're just trying to defend yourself, but you seem touchy...Are you afraid of being a lynched townie or a paranoid scum?...I'm not sure yet, though I will mention again that I have felt you to be one of the most scummy thus far...In other news, I
VOTE Fritzler
for the sole reason of uselss vulgarity. :?

I Seond the vote count please.
or maby I am responding to an acusation. I'm not being paranoid I just defend myself when called for you just don't let people make acusations and not do anything about it especialy in this game when a small un-answered for detail can turn in to a lynch (oh and to answer your question I am afraid of a townie being lynced I am not a paranoid scum)
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

unvote

the vote I made was a randome vote to get discution going. at this point in the game the discution is going along just fine so I have no reason for keeping my vote where it is.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Arafax wrote:Thank you to Yamahoko for answering my question...Ameliaslay, you are straight defense to me...This is scummy no matter how you look at it...And if by chance you are town, you are not helping us at this point...I will have to cast a vote.

Vote - Amelialsay
he does have a point BANDWAGON
vote:amelialsay
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:58 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Ameliaslay I am mearly agreeing with a very good comment made by Yamahako and feel that the logic presented is very acurate and is grounds for a vote (this is my opinion others may disagree), furthermore this is only day 1 and until tonight when there probibly will be a killing we have very little to go by and such a powerful argument can go a long way when are information is so limited.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:31 am

Post by bdwhoX »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOKER

all together now: happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to joker, happy birthday to you
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

we got a majoriy vote for a lynch but it has not happened yet so, no it is not night, yes a lynch will happen, and yes we can post
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

O.K. I may be doing this to early but I can tell you right now that 3 of the 6 people remaining are inocent. The list I am about to show you is almost perfectly acurate

bdwhox: I am the doc so you can count me out
Joker: He is the one who was targeted last night I saved him
Yamahako: Don't know
Arafax: don't know
AmeliaSlay: dead
Glork: don't know
BigAl: is the cop asuming that he is not lying

so at this point ether Yamahako, Arafax, or Glork are scum this reduces the number of suspects greatly. I may be coming into the open way to soon but this will let us look at far fewer people
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:06 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

yes I know many of you didn't want me to clam doc but at this point we have a 66% chance of getting the scum if we miss today we have a 100% chance of a hit in the next 2 days. Yes I know many of you will go nuts thinking I am lying so if you want to test me go ahead, do a lynch you will find out I'm doc. the only hitch is if al is not really cop other than that getting the scum should be easy pickings
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

we also have to look at last nights posible kill. Joker. The scum where probibly planing on framing me owing to our little scuffle yesterday. they knew that my head was already on the chopping block for yesterdays lynch (I want to apologise for that it was speady an rash) so I was set up for a fall. This means that the scum think things through and make smart decitions, which gives us reason to belive that the scum is quite experienced. We also have to look at who might gain from jokers death, I have not gone through the posts yet so I have no suspicions yet but their may be a clue in there some where.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:15 am

Post by bdwhoX »

Yamahako wrote:
bdwhoX wrote:O.K. I may be doing this to early but I can tell you right now that 3 of the 6 people remaining are inocent. The list I am about to show you is almost perfectly acurate

bdwhox: I am the doc so you can count me out
Joker: He is the one who was targeted last night I saved him
Yamahako: Don't know
Arafax: don't know
AmeliaSlay: dead
Glork: don't know
BigAl: is the cop asuming that he is not lying

so at this point ether Yamahako, Arafax, or Glork are scum this reduces the number of suspects greatly. I may be coming into the open way to soon but this will let us look at far fewer people
Dude you are SO busted. I am the doc you scum!! I protected Glork last night since he seemed the most likely to be townie. I hid my claim in my first post to prove it:
Yamahako wrote:
I
'm in my first game!
A
m I supposed to pick someone to random vote now?
M
y first vote shall be vote bdwhox.
D
o we start looking for suspicious people now?
O
r should I just start trying to find discrepancies in other people's posts? '
C
ause I don't want to mess anything up in my first game!
That's why I sounded a little wierd, it was hard to get all the sentances to start with the right letters.

VOTE BDWHOX

- oh and Thanks BigAl I'll fix my gender! :-)
nice fall back plan. if you get outed then you can just clam you where doc all along. would you explain why you protected glork the chances of you guesing right is very slim, and I bet you don't have a better reason than I do for protecting joker. He is obviously just trying to counter my clam and get me lynched so Yama and his partner(he may be framing glork). I don't call for a lynch yet but he is scum.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:25 am

Post by bdwhoX »

He is obviously just trying to counter my clam and get me lynched so Yama and his partner (he may be framing glork) can march to victory.

sory I didn't finish this sentence in my last post
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:49 am

Post by bdwhoX »

or maby you are just trying to get out of the big dich I threw you in, I my self have used the "if i where scum i wouldn't do this" exuse before. By the way would you explain why the scum would attack glork. You never provided a reason for picking him other than that he was at the bottom of your scum list, the statistics are not on your side for a luck guess
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:51 am

Post by bdwhoX »

my last post was refering to Yamahako
and while I'm at it I will Fos: Yamahako I want this decition to be made as a town not as individuals
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:02 am

Post by bdwhoX »

why would the scum kill glork tell me that
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:10 am

Post by bdwhoX »

I have an Idea. If today we vote no lycnh there are 6 people going in to night I protect Al. If I die we will know Yamahako is lying we kill him. Al investigates some one else he tells us which of the other people are scum. If I don't die al tells us who is scum they get lynched. the next night I protect all again he investigates another person we make our lynch game. I may be wrong but I think that is a guarenteed victory for town
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

Yamahako wrote:
Glork wrote:
Joker wrote:I don't like the way bigAl and Glork aren't attacking each other enough. The only way they're both town is if it's Yama and Arafax. A while back my hunch was Glork and bigAl were the scum, playing us noobs. But that seems impossible with the two docs.
I've stated before that, though I was certainly suspicious of BigAl on Day One (I remember pointing out that he was lurking a lot), I've been thinking that Arafax is scummier. I will re-evaluate my opinion of BigAl makes some kind of ridiculous gambit as scum.

Joker wrote:
doc bdwhoX: Yama

scum bdwhoX: Yama
cop bigAl: Yama

scum bigAl: Yama
townie Arafax: bigAl or Yama

scum Arafax: bdwhoX
townie Glork: bigAl or Yama

scum Glork: bdwhoX
doc Yama: bigAl or bdwhoX
scum Yama: bdwhoX
townie Joker: bigAl or Yama
Isn't that five townies who could/should be voting Yama? Why isn't he lynched yet? It seems that nobody as scum would want to vote Yama. That indicates that he is the right play for today. I'm more comfortable lynching Yama today and leaving the bigAl/Arafax/Glork matter for tomorrow. I want to go with what is most likely to be the best lynch, and I think we've illustrated that it's Yamahako.
BigAl is the safest lynch in this case then because it leaves the doc to protect at night in either case. If BigAl is definatly scum (being either my partner or bdwhow's), which I know him to be because I know bdwhow is scum, then isn't he better seeing as how that leaves the doc a chance to protect a townie tonight?
Nothing in my PM said I couldn't protect myself
, making a 1 scum night kill a mite bit harder.
now Yamahako during this game many times you have said "the wiki said" or somthing to that extent now the wiki also says that the doc usualy can not protect them self. With your personality asking so many questions and all I doubt that you would leave somthing like that to chance, this is a very obvious change in behavior, maby one that a scum would make to try to remove acusation.

I however still call for a NO LYNCH because if you do the math there is a guerente that town will win. The ONLY posible hitch in this plan is if al is lying, I think we should turn away from the posibility of a lynch and figueout if bigal is lying, that has to be our fucus right now the posibilitie of a 100% chance of town winning. now I am going to look through al's posts and look for a answer to that question, but again this is where we need to focus out search.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

After looking through al's posts I think he is probibly a cop, the only thing that has me suspicious is his reluctance of a no lynch, however he may be conviced that yam is scum and dosen't see the point of a no lynch. however looking at this from a normal townies point of view I would not want to take a risk of yam just being a weird townie claming cop.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:18 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

I recieved no message there is a chance that the mafia did not kill willingly last night. Joker may be scum and he has been receving a free ride all day, I do not know.
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

vote: Yamahako

joker is right I know I am doc so I may as well lynch yamahako
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:57 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

stark never said there was only 1 doc *hits head* yam and I could both be doctors.
N
O
O
O
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:10 pm

Post by bdwhoX »

O.K. I was just worried
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:43 am

Post by bdwhoX »

bigAl wrote:
stark wrote:You will get your lynch scene in the morning, as I am very tired and am far too lazy to write one now. Have a good sleep!
Fine then. Keep us in suspense, why don't ya? (jk, jk)
I think he took this to heart
bdwhoX
bdwhoX
Townie
bdwhoX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:55 am

Post by bdwhoX »

We will win!!!!!!!!!!!
bdwhoX
bdwhoX