Newbie 1143 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

/confirm
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:18 am

Hey, so I'd like to ask a question to everyone;
How much experience do u have?
I can definitely see Haylen has plenty, but other than that, have any played else or what?

I have played pretty much all my games here. Mostly Newbie Games or Mini Themed, as I enjoy those most. I also try to do the Marathon weekend when i can. This is actually my first game in awhile, so i may be rusty.
Another thing, I don't like Wall Posts. It can be difficult for me to keep up w/ the game when there are so many walls of text. Just IMO.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 pm

1.Idk, i don't really plan in that way.
2. I suppose.
3.No, i haven't read any games, unless u count marathon games.
4. I wouldn't really be able to judge. I'm competent i guess, but not the best for sure.

Effortless, id like to see some reasoning behind that vote other thna "Most suspicious"
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:46 am

effortless wrote:
Thomith wrote:
effortless wrote:
Thomith wrote:Ozzie seemed to have done the same thing but you only call one person out for it?

He didn't do exactly the same and lizk's version is more suspicious. In any case I don't see the point in focusing more than one person at a time.

Focusing on one person could let their partner slip away if they are scum or scum to slip away if they are town. So focusing on one player souly could let scum slip by unnoticed.

I guess I should have been more specific. I don't think me focusing on more than one person makes sense at this time. If you disagree, fine, but I don't see the point in discussing it.

I still encourage everyone to vote for lizk. I feel like Gen_Wolf is getting bandwagonned for not expressing himself clearly. I can easily see him getting lynched without us getting much of it at all.

I find this very scummy. Frst of all avoiding discussion is something mafia would do. And it sounds like you're saying we should vote for Lizk only ecause Wolf is getting wagonned.
Lizk's version? If you haven't noticed, Ozzie and Saldyn have contributed just about the same amount to this game as each other: Nada.

Just as well, Saldyn, you have two posts so far. One was you're confirm post, the other is just a vote for Wolf. Show me some reasoning behind that vote and some contribution to the game please.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 am

Wolf's post i very much agree w/. You wanted to lynch, but now u back off. Wtf? And IMO, page 3 is FAARRRR to early to have decided a lynch. We've just started playing.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 am

Gen_Wolf wrote:
lizk000 wrote:
while I appreciate tomith's defense, the amount that tomith and effortless have been directly arguing with each other, and almost only each other, makes me wonder if they are purposefully trying to separate themselves from one another..?

QFT

I have been thinking that as well, I was going to give it a bit of time and see how much longer it would of gone on for, but I have been noticing it too... Its very suspicious that so early on you could be having such a go at each other... It also allows for Thomith to withdraw his vote because his partner in crime was close to being voted out and it worried him!

While that is possible, it seems unlikely scum would do something like that so early.

Thomith wrote: The "i want to lynch you" was not legit, it was to try to put pressure on effortless so they would answer the questions and not ignore them because not thinking they were important.

I call shenanigans. You're just saying that because you've come under pressure from that statement.
effortless wrote:
lizk000 wrote:

effortless wrote:
Actually, I didn't see any major slip ups from either Thomith, Gen Wolf or Ozzie. Which makes me think the scum must be among liz, Hazard, Haylen, saldyn and Travis. I wouldn't mind hearing more from all of you.

How do you not see a slip up from Thomith? He said a post of his was false ounce it came under fire. I don't see how that's not scummy. In fact, I willing to place a vote on him.
Vote: Thomith
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:36 am

Post #77 was where Thomith made the "I want to lynch you" line. He is pushing Effortless' lynch hard for awhile until post #89 where he unvotes. Here is that post.
"liz's second post was answering the questions YOU asked. So answering your questions is avoiding attention?
UNVOTE: for now because i didn't relise effortless was L-2 already. IGMEOY though."

So when he finally backed off, and took his pressure vote away he says it's because he didn't realize Effortless was at L2. Why didn't he say it was a pressure vote in that post? Instead he doesn't tell us he was just pressuring Effortless until Gen_Wolf's post at #93 n mine at #94. Ounce Lizk adds to that, he says that the "I want to lynch you" wasn't legit. He was lying when he said that he wanted to lynch Effortless, so he could be lying about anything. I say Lynch All Liars (LAL).

And you're vote on me is very OMGUS. You vote for me as if you've completely forgotten about effortless. Another thing; you say you're case against was pressure, and yet u haven't even expressed what you found while pressuring him.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 pm

I check the site on my phone, and usually can't or don't make a post, because i'm on my phone. What happened to Lizk? Two posts after furthering your case on Lizk you suddenly change to me, just because of what it said on my profile? Wtf?
And Gen Wolf, you were voting for Travis, but as soon as Effortless jumps on the Hazard Wagon you get the confidence to jump on to?
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:06 am

Why should I reply to the comments of my LAL post? They can think what ever they want of my opinions. And honestly, I till think Thomith is scum.
@Effortless: I'm usually on the run or on the go so I don't have time to post.
@Thomith: Yes, I do. What's the point of making cases if no one can hop on without some of their own findings? If someone makes a convincing case on someone, u can't agree with the case? Instead you have to continue the case, but what if there isn't anything else that is legitimately scummy?

Also, a quicklynch on page 7 is bad for town. We'll have much less time for discussion.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:16 am

@Effortless I guess you''ve got me figured out.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:48 pm

It was sarcasm. Sorry, I often forget that sarcasm isnt so effective over the internet :S
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:51 pm

All my reasons...
gut, and lying.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:17 pm

I think TravisB needs to do something, it's starting to annoy me. I also see Daybid as a good candidate to be lynched, but first
@Thomith: I'd like to know exactly why you are voting Daybid, please.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 am

This is gunna sound biased (and, hell, it could be), but lizk is making a lot of sense IMO.

"He is acting like because effortless is "town" then i must be scum but if i am town it doesn't make effortless scum, even though she said she suspected us both, but she is saying i can only be scum and effortless can only be town.
Also if we don't lynch lizk or hazard today i will take the lynch as it means it is likely that one of lizk/hazard is scum and giving you guys information from my flip, although that is the worse case situation that hopefully doesn't have to happen."
Actually, I dont think that he is. it sounds like your just clinging to what he said a while ago about you and effortless bussing each other or w/e. What happened to changing your reads? I think you said that yourself.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Hey...
Yea Imma try and make a post later tonight. I'm pretty sure im getting close to the 3 day point or w/e.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 am

Thomith wrote:
lizk wrote:(which not enough of you are getting aboard on).

Why don't you prove it to people rather than going "not enough of you are voting vote please" which if you are town, you would prove to others that your suspect is town, not just say "lynch that guy"

Also travis, you are calling me scummy for attacking others? Which is me trying to find scum by attacking them, so basically you are calling me scummy for trying to find scum by attacking them, and by voting against me you are attacking me, and by the same logic lizk has attacked me and effortless, but you call me out for it?

Lizk has proven it and given reasoning. All your doing is pulling that one line out context. He's telling everyone to vote for you, and providing reasoning outside of that one sentence.
It looks like you really ignored the bulk of Travis' post and just saw "You attack people. You must scum." It's not that you attacking people makes you scummy, it's how much your doing it and the way you go about it.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:17 am

Also, sorry completely forgot about making a post last night. Here's a list of my reads.

Daybid: Neutral
He replaced Saldyn who really didn't do anything, and when he came into the game he had a rather backward theory on the game. But since then he hasn't done much at all that was scummy.
Effortless: Townie
He generally seems to be useful to town. He's active and scum hunting.
Gen_Wolf: Neutral/Townie
hunting and pointing scummy thing outs, and hasn't had any real slip ups.
Haylen: Neutral/somewhat scummy
She isn't posting much. When she does post it has bits of useful info, but she could just be trying to stay away from attention. I wouldn't say haylen's a lynch candidate.
Lizk: Neutral/Townie
Was quiet at first, but very active now. Liz has a lot of good points on Thomith as well.
Ozzie: Neutral
He's been pretty quite and kind of doing the samething as Haylen, but he seems to just be noob. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Thomthi: ScumScumScum
I don't think he requires a description, but w/e; lies, generally annoying logic, and i have to agree w/ travis' post. IMO he was kind of running things.
Travis: Neutral
FAR to quiet. I don't really have a read on him. Post more plz
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:42 am

Thomith wrote:So i am your only scum read, it kind of seems that after 14 pages you are only focusing on me being scum without looking at how anyone else can be scum, but making most of the players null reads.

Where in that post did I say i was only looking at you? Tell me cos I really don't know. This is why it's so obvious your scum. You take something that is said and then stretch the statement out so it can be used against them.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:10 am

There's a difference between looking for scum and finding scum. Gen_Wolf or Ozzie haven't had any major scum tells, unlike you.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 am

Thomith wrote:So focusing on one person only to find out they are going to flip town will help you find the scum in the game, oh wait you probably are scum, nevermind. Seriously though if lizk is town then hazard is most likely scum, i doubt they are both town and i also doubt they are both scum.

Again, I did not say I was focusing on you. Where are you getting all this? You're my lynch for the day, cos you slipped up.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:31 am

Approximately 7 times.
/sarcasm
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:34 am

Thomith, I'd like to see a complete list of your reads, please.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:57 am

So just because I have one person I want to lynch means I'm ignoring everyone else? If you haven't noticed I do only get 1 vote.

Adn is that really all the reasoning u have against us? You have no reason to suspect that one of us is scum, but you constantly say that we are.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:13 pm

^Where's the like button?
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 am

^^Where's the like button?
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:06 pm

YAY! :D
1 scum down, 1 to go. Can't wait for the flip!
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:31 pm

shit...
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:38 am

How is that a scum slip? I just pushed for the lynch of a townie. I love how you don't provide any reasoning behind that "scum slip" either.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:35 pm

School's hitting me pretty hard. I thin I'm going ot have to replace. Sorry guys.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”