Newbie 1026 - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 am

Post by fouxdufafa »

/confirm

*can't even remember if he has an avatar*
*will find out after hitting this here button*
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by fouxdufafa »

-covers ass at last minute-
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:04 am

Post by fouxdufafa »

Whoo! How is everyone doing?
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by fouxdufafa »

Trainedmonkey wrote:
Vote: Fouxdufafa

for having a name I have no clue how to pronounce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuXdhow3uqQ

Vote: Dominate3000
for being from the future.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by fouxdufafa »

Is editing posts against the rules? Because that really should say Domination3000.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:51 am

Post by fouxdufafa »

TheBadOne wrote:Also, a little question to the newbies: is this your first or your second game here? Do you have experience on other site(s)?
This is my second game here, and I have little experience on another site.
This is technically my second game, but my first one was two years ago. I've played a couple of quick games of Werewolf in real life, but the people I was playing with didn't take it very seriously so it wasn't much fun. I like when things get heated and people actually, you know, try...

Slowsilver and silverbullet are going to confuse me this whole game.

unvote
because he may not be around for a couple of days.
Vote: Looker
for being a little too random and not quite arbitrary enough.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:10 am

Post by fouxdufafa »

silverbullet999 wrote:*sees zombie slow silver*
*doesn't like that he has my name*
*undead always = scum*
*writes his vote down on paper*
*it reads*
VOTE: Slow Silver
werewolf555 wrote:
slowsilver wrote:Mmmm... brains.
ZOOOOMMMMMMMBBBBBIIIIIEEEEEESSSSSSS
VOTE: Slowsilver
Zombies must die
silverbullet999 wrote:*sees slowsilver*
*sees connection in reasoning*
*sees the scum pair*
*says good game and rests*

I find it strange that this to you implied scum pair, but werewolf was jumping on your joke reason earlier(as noted above). And in the following post I believe it's you that calls werewolf a noob scum for using this logic? I'm feeling a strange connection, but it seems more like it's coming from werewolf than you. He's a bit fishy. I also feel like my vote is being wasted right now as Looker is under the radar.

unvote

Vote: Werewolf

What's your reasoning for sticking with your random SlowSilver vote for this long? In post 41 you seem to refer to silverbullet as 'noob scum' and in post 47 you (make a joke?) accuse nopoint of being a scum for voting for you and 'pushing the bandwagon'(you're on one too by the way). You're not voting for anyone you've raised a legitimate complaint against.

Also to nopoint, Dominate said in his confirmation post that he wouldn't be around the first couple of days.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 am

Post by fouxdufafa »

A doctor? Way to give yourself away!
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by fouxdufafa »

Oh no! How dare I mix up words!

"I believe it's you that calls werewolf"

should read:

"I believe it's werewolf that calls you"

That's exactly what happened. Perhaps you are the lazy one for not looking back a page and realizing my typo?

modedit: I can edit, but not delete other people's posts, so it's kinda pointless to try to consolidate.
Last edited by Excedrin on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by fouxdufafa »

Oh I guess I missed your second post, heh.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by fouxdufafa »

Sorry for triple post:

"*does not like above rolefish*
*not one bit*
*reads earlier posts*"

You called yourself Van Helsing. Van Helsing is a doctor. I really don't trust the way you twist words.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by fouxdufafa »

Holy crap I just keep messing up. You didn't call yourself Van Helsing, slowsilver did. and then I made a joke in response.

Jeez I just keep taking up more and more space in this thread. I don't know if the moderator can/wants to consolidate this post?
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 am

Post by fouxdufafa »

nopointinactingup wrote:Are you blatantly rolefishing or something. If you thought he bread-crumbed Doctor you should have kept it to yourself.
I don't think he bread crumbed anything. He didn't say anything in his post to indicate that he was a doctor. He said something about making like Van Helsing and I made a joke about it. Maybe pick up a book sometime, guys? You'll get a lot more references.
nopointactingup wrote: How is silverbullet twisting your word? You specifically stated "I believe its you who calls werewolf noobscum" on post 60. Way to flail.
I'm not flailing anywhere. That is what I said. He in no way twisted those particular words. I'm clearly referring to my doctor line. He twisted it into meaning something other than a stand alone, meritless comment. No reply to it was needed nor was it ever going to have a follow up. Google Van Helsing. He was a doctor. I don't think anyone who was actually the doctor would make such a dumb clue about it on Day 1. By the way, I say later on in the post that werewolf called him noob scum. which is what happened. Way to jump on typing errors.
nopointactingup wrote:This post doesn't seem like a good reason to put someone at L-1. Be specific, what is the connection you are seeing and why?
Is it bad play to put someone at L-1 when we have no information to go off of? If it is then I'll own up to this being a huge 'newb mistake' and back off. I just don't feel like anyone is going to cast that final vote without more information(town for fear of mislynch and scum for the sake of just not looking incredibly suspicious by jumping to a quick lynch). I feel like it's adequate pressure to place on someone to get discussion moving.

Like I said I haven't played this game in two years and even then I only played one newbie game. Is placing this kind of pressure a serious error on my part?

I'm going to
unvote
until I get an answer, but I'm not being flaky. Once I get an answer from some users with more experience than me I'll make a more informed move. But I still want to put the focus on werewolf. By unvoting him right now I'm just acknowledging the people that seem to think that it is a mistake until I get other people's opinions on it. If it isn't a stupid thing to do I will gladly put my vote back where it was.

As far as the connection thing goes, I was just referring to the way that he immediately jumped on silverbullet's random vote and then referred to him as 'noob scum' in a later post. Those two posts are really meaningless right now and I probably shouldn't have said anything about it. That wasn't my purpose for voting him, though. I stated my reason for voting werewolf as being that he keeps calling people scum but he's stuck by his random vote. He hasn't even made a post directed towards the person he's voting for but continues to find other people suspicious. I put him at L-1 to get him talking, because I don't even understand the reason for the SlowSilver bandwagon(probably just to get something going early on?). Werewolf is the only person I find suspicious atm.

I don't even know why silverbullet is getting so defensive aside from my original error in saying that he called werewolf scum. Clearly that was a typo, as I said what actually happened later on in the post. I even stated in that sentence that what I was noticing was from werewolf and not him. 'it seems more like it's coming from werewolf than you. He's a bit fishy.'

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”