Newbie #1019 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

1. Origin of your username? Ringwraiths from LoTR. I love them.
2. Why'd you choose your avatar? See above.
3. What, in your opinion, is the dumbest possible move you can pull in Mafia? Hammering yourself, or not lynching anyone on Day One.

And
Vote: Nazgûl
for having special characters in her name that I can't type. /shakes fist

:P
Upon it sat a shape, black-mantled and threatening. A crown of steel he bore, but between rim and robe naught was there to see, save only a deadly gleam of eyes: the Lord of the Nazg├╗l. A great black mace he wielded. To the air he returned, summoning his steed, and now he was come again, bringing ruin, turning hope to despair, and victory to death.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Seriously though. I have to Google search the Wikipedia page for Nazgûl and copy-paste it every time I log in on a new computer.

But it looks cool though. And it wouldn't be correct, otherwise! :)
Upon it sat a shape, black-mantled and threatening. A crown of steel he bore, but between rim and robe naught was there to see, save only a deadly gleam of eyes: the Lord of the Nazg├╗l. A great black mace he wielded. To the air he returned, summoning his steed, and now he was come again, bringing ruin, turning hope to despair, and victory to death.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Nazgûl »

GPT wrote:Or just hold down the Alt key and type 0251 then release Alt.
ûûûû
Oh! Thank you! That will certainly help. I was beginning to wish I had just used a regular "u", now I don't have to!
GPT wrote:3. A Scum trying to mason gambit D1 and being left to hang by his partner cause he didn't want to draw any attention. obviously lead to both being lynched.
Hahaha! That would be rich! :)
Reilster wrote:I am
Reilster
, and I apologise for starting late, absolutely criminal.
Though I don't exactly think so myself, I have heard that apologizing (even for the most mundane things) is bad, because the mafia feel the need to apologize for everything because subliminally they feel bad about killing us all in our sleep, right? And though I can picture good guys doing it too, it just makes more sense for the mafia to do it.

I like Thian's post #30 with a few caveats, but it is mostly a pretty good post!

To answer your question, Thian, (and your accusation, camn) it was really the only thing I thought of at the moment. I didn't want to bother making up a reason to vote anyone else, and I was annoyed at my "û" so I voted for it. :D

Hehe, I can just see a scenario in my head now... "U!" "NO, Û!"
And just think... My "û" is semi-experienced, even though I'm not! har har! Ok, bad joke, I know. Sorry.

Olinea: Thank you for explaining how self hammering is good for scum and bad for town. I knew it was bad for town but didn't necessarily think about it being good for scum. That's something to think about.

Also, you seem to be pretty experienced so far, you've only been on the site for 20 days though? Like, telling us the difference between "lurking" and "active lurking" and whatnot.

But I agree on your point re:camn and her being too serious at the beginning. I thought that was what the random voting stage was for, to break the ice! :)
Withnail wrote:Not concerned that you voted
for me
, but curious that you voted
without a reason
. It seems to me always best to explain a vote, even if the reason is to do with sibling initials (IMO a perfectly good reason, at this stage.)
No, that's why its called a random vote.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Random_Vote
Olinea wrote:That being said, the question is relevant because a scum's job is to blend in. If they cast the first vote, a lack of evidence or a "Why the heck would he do that?" may arise and put suspicion on 'em. Generally speaking, scum candidates tend to be the third and fourth voters, because they can simply parrot (repeat) the case against the target, maybe find something else, and justify the vote. It's scary to throw a hammer, especially for scum since they already know the flip, and once it comes up town, the hammerer is a huge target. Even hammering scum is sketchy, since people are fully aware of bussing and its pluses.
I am very glad I read this, it gives me a lot to think about. I don't think I will be doing any "hammering" either way, because I will always want to discuss it more before somebody lynches them. Besides, it's not like they can run away to anywhere, is it? :P
Withnail wrote:Nazgul: I thought about voting for you, for lurking (just 2 short posts so far). But that would put you at L-2 (two votes away from being lynched) because of your self-vote. Please would you remove it? It may hinder people voting for you ... which in itself makes it a reason to vote for you. If you see what I mean?
Yes. That's very circular, but I see what you mean. :)

It was not a serious vote anyway, so UNVOTE: Nazgûl.
camn wrote:Dont let it stop you.
Firstly, Nazgul's post was scummy, and deserves votes.
Secondly, never suffer a lurker to live.
Thirdly, people often drop their tells on their first post.
It is like the truth is DYING to come out. . .
Last... I really think the best parts of this game of mafia come when someone is at L-1. Never be afraid of it. except in lylo :)
You seem very harsh! So I take it that voting for oneself during random voting not something that people do often... but I have seen it in another game I am playing at the moment, and it was one of the SE's who did it!
Reilster wrote:@People encouraging votes for nazgul.

Personally, I don't think lurkers should survive, but I don't like people trying to get people to vote against them. It seems to me that it would be a good way to avoid getting lynched on the 1st day, and also, if they are merely inactive, it's a good cover, as they won't question you back.
I am here, don't worry! :)

It may be a day or so (or two, but hopefully not) between my posts sometimes. I will try to maintain a steady level of activity, however. I was getting a little too antsy for this game to start, so I replaced into another game, and now I have to keep up with two! So sometimes I will respond to the other instead of this one.
Reilster wrote:Just wondering what some terms mean.
To hammer?
L 1/2/3/4?
RVS and RQS?
I wondered myself, so I went to the wiki page and found out. There is a lot of info there, way too much to ingest all in a sitting, but if you need to search something, it's there.

I am only about finished reading to the middle of page 3, but I have to go, so I will be back later!
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Nazgûl »

Ok, I'm continuing from where I left off.
camn wrote:And as a bonus in this case, Nazgul dropped a scumtell then ran to hide when it caught my attention. Total lurkerscum behavior.
How I am I lurking? I try to come on and post at least once every day or two.

And what scum tell did I drop? The self vote? How is that a scum tell?
camn wrote:@ Rikka: That would entirely depend on Nazgul's response to pressure. But I am generally OK with lynches. I think it is a little EARLY this game to be lynching, but certainly not too early to be VOTING.
However.. if Naz suddenly got run up, I think we would get a ton of info out of that, and maybe a scumlynch on top of it.. so maybe it would be OK! Are
you
willing?
I don't mind pressure. I have nothing to hide. But what do you mean by run up? and how would you get information out of that?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but... if you lynched me, you definitely would not be getting a scum lynch.
Rikka wrote:The first vote being a self-vote is a suspicious move for sure, and the lack of reaction is worth pushing.
I have reacted now; do you have any further thoughts?
Thian wrote:Sorry, you are right, I spelt the name wrong.

we can't be sure. so automatically assuming that someone is lurking and deserves to be lynched based on that is not right. We don't know the circumstances regarding her being quiet, so advocating a lynch based on "lurking" is not right at this point.

its just way too easy to get everyone to jump on board with lynching Nazgul,. it targets someone who is least active and appeases everyone else because it doesn't put a target on their own backs.

Camn, would you agree that, sometimes the easiest lynch is not always the best?
This post is very good.

I want to make it clear to everyone that my intention is not to be inactive.
I just had other things to do on October 4th :) It was a busy day! I am doing my best to involve myself, though.

Withnail wrote:EBWOP / something I forgot to include:

8. VOTING for lurkers is really the only way to push them to come forward and start helping the town.

Anticipating a possible question: Yes, I am encouraging people to vote for lurkers. :D I would like to know others' views.
I agree with this post!
camn wrote:Old as it may be, I am philosophically PRO answering direct questions, so I will:
1) yes and yes. You defending someone else is scummy, especially now. Either Naz is your partner and it is a chainsaw, or Naz is town, you know it (since you are scum) and you are trying to get on the right side of a mislynch. Your defense of her is scummy on it's own.
Are you saying that defending someone is always scummy, no matter their alignment?

You are only looking at once side of the coin. What if Thian is town? You failed to mention either of those scenarios, EVEN though you say he is one of your top town reads.

I find this to be interesting and suspicious. What do you have to say about it?
Thian wrote:What I have kept in the back of my mind with Naz is her self vote after saying it would be stupid to self hammer, and putting your vote on yourself is just as stupid as self hammering, but keeping an open mind that there are 9 people here who are just as guilty as the next.
Is it really that scummy if it's RVS, and if you unvote in your next post?

I don't understand the connection you make between a self-hammer and a self-RVS-vote. Please explain.
Reilster wrote:My views at the moment is that I don't trust a single one of you :evil:
I don't either! :)
Reilster wrote:If anyone's asked me question and I haven't answered them, please remind me! I don't think there are any directed at me at the moment, but if I miss any say.
Same here.
Reilster wrote:@ Nazgul

Well you at least are active, and answered, in a way. First of all your point against me, apologising for being late being a scummy move? Really? I was gonna say I'm sorry for being polite, but wouldn't that be scummy? You seem to want appear nice to everyone, personally I don't trust any of you, and so I'm going to tell you that. I hope your answers later hold some more substance. Also you've given a reason to not turn up very often, legitimate or not, that would be very convient for scum.
Well I have heard that apologizing is scummy. That is all. I don't know if you are the mafia, I just thought I would point that out.

Of course I want to appear nice to everyone. I AM nice to everyone.

And how am I making an excuse? I'm just saying that sometimes real life might be a little more important than a mafia game, no matter how much anyone else playing the game disagrees. And besides, have I really been that inactive? I have been doing my best to contribute. I just don't have time to get on as often as the rest of you (or at least, some of the rest of you. Others post even less than I do!)
Reilster wrote:@ McGiddle

I'm really suspicious of you to be honest.
McGriddle wrote:I hate the beginning of these games, I try to get out of them as quick as possible so these stupid questions that hold no value to the game aren't worth more than a couple sentences.
I'm guessing here, but the beginning of a game can be the most telling at the end. You seem to claim you want to lay low until later in the game. What, so you might kill someone in the night and then say 'but look what i wrote here?’ That's the most you've written in the entire game, are you even interested in catching scum?
I agree. It makes sense that the Mafia would try to do that. I have my eye on McGriddle too.
Reilster wrote:I don't like the fact you agree with her
[camn's]
answer straight away.
This is true. Something I want to bring up is the possibility that camn is in the mafia! Nobody seems to be even taking into account that, as the IC for this game, she could be teaching us how to play in a devious way: by getting everyone to trust her, and then turning around and killing us all! Which would teach us to trust nobody. I'm going to start out right now and be like Reilster, not trusting ANYBODY.
Reilster wrote:@ Camn

You've inquired well, but just because you're the 'pro' doesn't mean I trust you. If you are scum, you were playing very well until POST #54. You can claim as the pro to be taking the lead and showing us where to go (e.g. voting nazgul) but that’s a very strong response for this early in the game.
Exactly!!! I totally agree with Reilster.
Thian wrote:Scum and town have reasons for being apologetic, how does this further anything?
I guess it doesn't. Sorry! /irony
Thian wrote:scum would only have to bother making up a reason, or avoid a vote on someone else. why did you add a an idea after your real reason which was,being annoyed at your u in your name. the real reason why you didn't vote else where was you not wanting to bother with making up a reason or to vote for anyone else.
Thank you for telling me what my actual reasoning was! I didn't know up until now! You are so useful! :)
Thian wrote:
nazgul wrote:Olinea: Thank you for explaining how self hammering is good for scum and bad for town. I knew it was bad for town but didn't necessarily think about it being good for scum. That's something to think about.
if you knew it was bad for town, how could you dismiss the fact that whats not good for town is good for mafia?
I meant it this way:
1. Hammering oneself as a townie = bad for town, good for Mafia. Ok, check. I knew that.
2. Hammering oneself as a Mafia = good for Mafia, bad for town. Oh wow, I never thought of the opposite! Thank you for pointing it out Olinea!

Does that satisfy you more? I am not stupid, just a bit slow on the uptake... :P
Thian wrote:Are you glad you read it because now you can plan to stay off of scummy spots on a wagon? Why would you not hammer? discussion is good of course. How long are you willing to drag on a day round if people are confident in a person being scum? Just how long would you prolong something if you were the one who had to hammer?
I am glad I read it because it makes me a better player. I wouldn't want to hammer because I'm scared they would turn out to be a town player after all. I am willing to drag a day long enough for ME to be confident that someone is scum, not just others. I will not just succumb to peer pressure, if that's what you're asking.
Thian wrote:
Nazgul wrote:So I take it that voting for oneself during random voting not something that people do often... but I have seen it in another game I am playing at the moment, and it was one of the SE's who did it!
Well, because an SE does it, doesn't mean it will not be questioned if it will do it. What did you expect to get from voting yourself after you knew it was bad?
Well, people dismissed it as meaningless in that game, so I figured they would dismiss it as meaningless in this game too. I really don't get why it is a big deal. Nobody else is complaining about anyone else's random votes, so I figured it wouldn't matter if I did that. Apparently I am wrong and its a big crime. Well, excuse me if I disagree! :)
Olinea wrote:
Nazgûl:
I found nothing wrong with the self-vote. It was still RVS when it was made, so it's not like she was refusing to "show her hand" or anything.
Exactly! Geez, talk about making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
camn wrote:
Rikka
- only 7 posts and already
obvtown
. I like that. I disagree with you taking the wind out of my lurkerhate.. because it really works better when people THINK I will lynch them out of hand with no remorse whatsoever.. but meh. Post more. We need you.

GPT
-
Die, lurker, die
. This is why I hate people who dont post: you have said nothing. I have nothing to read on you, which doesn't help the town AT ALL. Also, random votes suck, for the same reason self-votes suck. POST MORE!

Reilster
- I think your wishy-washiness is not a scumtell per se. I see it a lot with new players.. but it certainly is over conservative. Nobody expects you to know who the scum are.. so there is no need for fence-sitting.
probtown

Withnail
- Although I certainly agree with lurkervotes, I don't like your positions. It seems that all your attacks have been on policy grounds: "last to post" "only one sentence".. I don't see how those things are scummy. Actually I do, but I don't see why YOU think they are :).. and your tone comes across as responsibility-avoiding voting.
probscum

Nazgûl
-
diescumdie
. My thoughts on you are clear. I think Thian brought up a REALLY good point on you, too.. the 'making up reasons to vote'. Even in the RVS, townies don't make up reasons. I anticipate you next post... but so far I see a lot of scumminess here.

Olinea
- I was not particularly interested in your questions, but I think you are pretty town. I believe you were just getting conversation going, and I support that. Plus, you got too much heat too early to be scum.
Town

McGriddle^
- See GPT. You should really get in the game.
No read.

Thian^
-
Obvtown
. I apologize for my annoyance with you, but you reminded me of someone I vigged once. I don't like how you ignored all my questions, mostly because it makes me question how you will hold up in endgame.. but for now, you are an asset.

camn*
-
Obvtown
. :) I see the normal cutthroat camn was shining through there for a while, but she will try and tone it down.

--------------

So, looking back..
The scum are
WITHNAIL
and
NAZGUL
..good thing my vote is in the right place.
If I am wrong about one of them, the remaining scum is in GPT or MCGRIDDLE by POE.
My
obv
town reads are almost always dead-on, so you can consider Rikka and Thian clear.
Haha! Consider Rikka and Thian clear. Good one!

Your opinion about
me
is totally and completely wrong, so why wouldn't your opinion about
them
be totally wrong too?

In my opinion, this entire post is just you trying to exert a sense of "I'm smarter than all of you, so you might as well all listen to me" over everyone here. And I'm not buying it for one second.

Also, I have heard that it is very scummy for a person to include themselves on their own town or scum lists, so I am going to point that out as well. I am pretty sure it's scummy for the same reason that it's scummy to vote for oneself, but in a backwards way. I really don't like that one bit. I mean, most people would just say "well, I know I'm town, so I'm not gonna include myself on this list" or even "I'm town, so I'll list myself first to get it out of the way", but you listed yourself LAST instead. I think that's worth noting because it doesn't follow the trend of what I listed above in this paragraph.

One other thing I think is worth noting is that you don't just call yourself "town", you call yourself "obvtown", which is not just "telling everyone else that you obviously think you're town, because you KNOW you're town", which I'm sure is what your response will be. The correct way to do that would be to list yourself as "town", would it not?

What you're really doing by listing yourself as "obvtown" is threefold. You are:

1. grouping yourself in the exact same category as Rikka and Thian, and trying to buddy with them that way.
2. subliminally trying to make it seem like you are superior to everyone else, and that it should be "obvious" that you are town. Which it's not.
3. and if somebody doesn't pay attention and is just skimming through, they might actually make the mistake of thinking it's somebody else's post, and you are on somebody ELSE'S "obvtown" list. I shouldn't have to explain why this is terrible.

Call these thin arguments if you want, but that is the subliminal kind of thing I've been on the lookout for this whole time, and you just triggered my subconscious in three ways by doing that post.

I am almost ready to vote, I think.
Withnail wrote:
Nazgul
: I'm glad you unvoted - but surprised you didn't recast it for someone. It seems to me that votes are the main weapon the town has. To lynch with, obviously, but also to put pressure on people. Not voting also looks like you are trying to avoid building up a record, which I don't think is helpful to the town. We all need to take some stands, and with it the risk of being lynched as a result.
I think it is early enough in the game that I can afford to stay neutral for the moment. Yes, votes are our only weapon. But if I am going to vote somebody, I am going to make good and sure that I want them to be lynched. I do not take my votes lightly. If we just switch all the time, it makes them meaningless, and what's the point? I attach more of a sense of weight to my post, and when I vote for somebody, it will be because I want to lynch them.

Of course, all of what I said above does not apply to my random vote on myself. :oops: Look at me, being a hypocrite.
Withnail wrote:
camn
: Before your last post, I was thinking that you are likely to be a very good player. In any game, I think as relative newbies we should all keep a very careful eye on the IC player, who is almost certainly the best equipped to pull the wool over our eyes if s/he happens to be Mafia. Fortunately the odds are 5/7 that you are town, but your choice to attack me obviously makes me suspicious of you. I'll respond to your points in a separate post - here I just want to comment on the rest.

As the IC player, you know your points will be very influential. You've picked out several people as clearly town-aligned, and cast very strong doubts against two of us. Your town-aligned picks are clearly very plausible, which makes the rest of what you say seem more credible. But still I find your doubts about Nazgul in particular much too strong for this stage of Day 1. I can't really believe that you believe it as strongly as you say. I wonder whether you are just stirring the pot to see what happens, or perhaps trying to focus attention away from a Mafia partner. In summary: I'm not sure what to make of you, and proceeding with caution!
I totally agree with this. Another reason I think camn might be in the Mafia!
camn wrote:Hmmm. That was a very town flavored post.
Which means there is another scum in Mcgriddle and GPT.

I am willing to lynch either. I dont like their votes on Oli, I don't like their activity level, and I am ready for blood.
That said

UNVOTE
VOTE: MCGRIDDLE

This can easily be a GPT vote, too, if anyone is so inclined.
But let's raise the stakes, and see what happens at L-2. I have a feeling withnail is onto something.
That's funny.

You're voting for ME, who you have a (and I quote) "
diescumdie
" read on, but then as soon as Withnail makes what you say is a (quoting again) "very town flavored post", you suddenly switch your vote to McGriddle, who you have NO READ on.

This is
extremely
suspect. Please explain immediately how you could possibly come to that conclusion?
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Hi! First of all, it is late, so I won't be catching up in this one right now, but I wanted to pop in to say that I should be able to contribute a lot more over the weekend. I was busy catching up in my other game earlier today, and that one took up all my time. I just had a few minutes to come on right now so I thought I'd come share that I'll be back soon! I might even bring some cookies if you all are nice! :D
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Checking in to say that I am not lurking, but that I won't be able to post anything worthwhile until tomorrow.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Nazgûl »

Checking in once again to say that it has been one very long week for me thus far, and I have still not been able to get any time to post. I do apologize for this. I will try my best to get some time in for this over the next 24 hours.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Nazgûl »

For the record, this is happening in both of my games; you may check if you want by looking at my latest posts in my profile. I have just been terribly busy this week. :(
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Finally able to catch up!

First I am going to post responses to people's questions or comments about me, and then after that, a little bit of my own analysis...
camn wrote:First, I am not smarter, just more bloodthirsty. I know I am kind of harsh sometimes, and I apologize for that.

Second:
... but you listed yourself LAST instead. I think that's worth noting...
I actually copied and pasted from the playerlist in post 1. But that is a nice reach...

Third:
What you're really doing by listing yourself as "obvtown" is threefold....
Actually, it is a running joke. Thus the smile.

Last:
This is extremely suspect. Please explain immediately how you could possibly come to that conclusion?
I am a bloodthirsty little slut.

In fact
UNVOTE,
VOTE GPT

Whoever has the most votes on my scumlist gets my vote. WHy? because if we lynch everyone on my list, we get a town win.
Your turn will come, Nazgul.. later.
That's it? That's the only explanation I get? Entirely unacceptable.

If by the time I finish reading through the topic I haven't found anyone else more likely to be mafia, I am probably going to vote for you.
Rikka wrote:@Nazgul: Well your posting, and you're rather.....spunky. Not that it is a bad quality to have, but in a game like this spunk is kind of odd. Not necessarily scummy, just odd. I also kidn of agree with your voting policy. I haven't fully worked out what mine is yet, being my first game, but I'm not big on throwing out votes lightly. For her vote switch, you had made a post by then, and it fits with her "go after lurkers" policy. But then switching to GPT. She has an explanation, but it it a bit flimsy.

I don't want you to take it that because camm has called my obvtown that I'm now fully trusting her every word. camm's aggressive play makes her a, well, "bloodthirsty little slut." She's either a really obvious town or a really obvious scum. That might sound like it's not useful to know, but I think it is. Some kind of read is worth noting over no read.
Thank you? I'm glad you think I'm spunky, if that's a good thing.

I disagree that camn's actions are at all understandable. Or justifiable.
Withnail wrote:@ Rikka, Nazgul, Thian, McGriddle

Four of us have given summaries of how we view all the other players. You haven't. Are you planning to do so? If so, now looks like a good time - before a new replacement arrives, and while the game has gone a bit quieter. If not, why not?
I was much too busy. As it is, I haven't made any decent posts in the game for over ten days, so I am very behind. I am going to try and catch up tonight before I go to bed, and then you should get my summaries of the players.
Rikka wrote:camn: Like I said, really town or really scum. She focuses mainly on lurkers, maybe too much?
You dropped the case with Nazgul a bit quick.
You've done extra questioning on her and on Thian, so it's not like you're just attaking people who don't talk. She's made the most moves that seem like attempts to take command.
I have put in italic another thing that I think camn has done that is very scummy. I don't like it at all.
Withnail wrote:Nazgul keeps promising to post but seems to be lying low instead.
I was very busy and this has affected all of my recreational hobbies; you can check my activity across both games I am playing in, if you don't believe me.
EggyLv999 wrote:Nazgûl: Scum-ish. With all the lurking and short posting.
I am glad you think posts
and
were short!! /sarcasm

Your scum tells are showing.

Ok, that's done with the responses so far, but I have realized while reading through pages 5-11 that there is no way I'll be able to respond to any good amount of that without staying up at least another hour, and I am very tired already, so I will do it tomorrow when I have time and when my brain is working more efficiently (and on more sleep!)

I realize that this post is woefully inadequate in the greater scope of things (10 days and 5 pages gone by), but it will just have to tide you fellas over until I get some much-needed shut-eye. Today was horrifically busy as it was.

zzzzz
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

I am willing to hammer whenever is necessary. I have a lot of things I need to say about this game though before I do. Hopefully I will have a chance at work tomorrow (if my boss isn't watching like a hawk) to post some of my thoughts. I am behind in two games though, and the other one has a deadline of the 20th, and this one is out to the 23rd. So I might respond to only that one, if I only have time to respond to one. This one will come before the deadline though, and hopefully it will be in time for any other things to happen that need to (claims, etc). Even though McGriddle has refused to claim. So I don't know. Anyway, it's bed time! :)
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Nazgûl »

McGriddle wrote:I'm not claiming because this wagon is formed upon no foundation. I am not going to give up my role for such a stupid wagon. Forgive my harsh words, but I am a little pissed and a little fed up with what MS has become.
So basically you are either:

1. mafia, who doesn't want to bother fabricating a fake claim and hoping people won't lynch you because of it,
2. a VT, who has nothing to lose from claiming, and has no reason to give the excuse above to NOT claim, or
3. a really, really stupid town PR.

I don't think either 2 or 3 fits, and your little last-minute "forgive my harsh words" appeal to emotion is completely unconvincing.

As I said. I will hammer when the rest of the town gives their approval.

P.S. Thian: No.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Nazgûl »

Thian wrote:Nazgul, deadline is coming, seems you are okay with mcgriddle lynch regardless of anyones approval.

Is there anything else you can offer towards other people other than the main focus which is Mcgriddle?

You have mentioned others behaviour as scummy any reason you can't formulate more questions on your concerns with them too?
I am ok with a McGriddle lynch, yes. There are four other people on the wagon currently, which including myself constitutes a majority. What's your point?

And do you believe it is prudent to try to pursue anything against people besides McGriddle at this point? You yourself just said that the deadline is coming. Which it is. Any convincing case on anyone else would at best split the town.

Yes; others' behavior has been scummy, some of it QUITE scummy. But we know nothing at this point without a flip. When we see McGriddle's flip, it will tell us quite a bit. Do you disagree?

And the reason that I can't/won't formulate more questions/concerns at the moment is twofold: First, as I stated before, it might split the town. And second, I don't have a lot of time to play mafia because I have a very busy life.

In other news, this is my favorite haiku of all time:

A haiku is a
Japanese poem that has
Seventeen syllab-
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Nazgûl »

Well thank you for explaining to me what I am suggesting. Would you like to answer my questions now?
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Nazgûl »

I am withholding the hammer for now because I wanted to give everyone a chance to talk a bit more. I have said that I will do it later on if it's needed. Why keep pestering me about it?

And I would assume (this is directed at both Olinea and Thian) that the person going to be killed tonight will probably be one of the most vocal players today who has most obviously fingered the mafia as suspicious. I have my own suspicions but I believe the best play at this point is just to lynch McGriddle and move on to Day 2.

Do you agree or disagree?
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Thanks, but that part was mostly at Thian, who questioned me about why I am not hammering, but at the same time condemned me for not trying to bring up other suspects and try to throw that into the fray in the short time we have before a lynch vote must be reached. Which doesn't make sense in my mind.

So... Thian?
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Nazgûl »

Wait. Yeah. Why isn't
Thian
hammering, but he's pressuring ME to, even after I've expressed my aversion to doing so?

/narrows eyes at Thian
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Olinea wrote:Rikka and Reilster, what're your takes on McGriddle? Would either of you be up to throwing the hammer?

Also, Naz, if you so desire, I will unvote, you can place the L-1, and I will hammer if it sets your mind at ease. Griddle will be forever immortalized in my sig.
Okay. :)
Reilster wrote:Right, I have 3 main suspects at the moment, McG, Eggy (slipped under the radar, you were definitely buddying up vs nazgul) and Nazgul. But I'm quite happy to see McG go down at see what info we get from that. Why? He's definitely acting very scummy and if he is town, he's simply wasting a space.

But Eggy and Nazgul, if he is scum Nazgul looks suspicious, if he is town, well it's not really the end of the world as he is kinda worthless at the moment (as is eggy...)

(Also, I'm going away tomorrow and won't be back till late on the 23rd, where I assume the game may have moved on, so need to make my mark now)

UNVOTE: Eggy
VOTE: McGriddle

Till Saturday ladies and gentlemen.
Well, never mind. Looks like that plan is out the window.
Olinea wrote:Another haiku pertaining to McGriddle.

I refuse to hunt
You're all stupid, dumb, and wrong
Bee tee dubs, not scum.
OK, nice haiku, but why aren't you hammering away, Olinea?
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

To be clear: I can and will still hammer, I just want to make sure everyone else is done discussing everything else?
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Reilster wrote:But Eggy and Nazgul, if he is scum Nazgul looks suspicious, if he is town, well it's not really the end of the world as he is kinda worthless at the moment.
This looks like you trying to put blame on me if he turns out to be scum, even though I have already said multiple times that I will hammer if necessary before the deadline.

Is it anti-town to draw this out? I thought I was doing the right thing.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Olinea wrote:Because I wanted to know your stance, and because you have failed to hammer, and instead put me into the crowd of "non-hammerers", I will equate that to you failing to put Griddle at L-1 had Reilster not pulled his little stunt. I would say "you are all talk", but your constant lurking would make that a lie.

So, without further ado,

Vote: McGriddle

=========[]
I am ready and waiting. Well,
was
ready and waiting. I don't see how that was scummy at all.

Anyway, I will see you guys tomorrow, if I live throughout the night.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

EggyLv999 wrote:Epic quote, btw. I still remember reading LotR.
:D
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:27 am

Post by Nazgûl »

I also need to re-read the thread. I am definitely not mafia though, so there's no use trying to lynch me.

I suspect camn now more than ever.
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Nazgûl »

Reilster wrote:Nazgul, still very scummy, the self-vote still lingers and will continue to be...wierd.
Nazgûl wrote:I also need to re-read the thread. I am definitely not mafia though, so there's no use trying to lynch me.

I suspect camn now more than ever.
So you haven't even re-read the thread, yet you suspect camn more? Why?
Because McGriddle and Olinea were town. Duh?
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Nazgûl »

Probability (now it's 2/7 instead of 2/9), plus, she was my biggest suspicion from day 1.

As such,
Vote: camn
Nazgûl
Nazgûl
Townie
Nazgûl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Nazgûl »

Reilster wrote:@nazgul, probably need to put my balls where my mouth is VOTE: Nazgul

Could you show me the entire case vs Camn, as probablity doesn't really hold it for me.
ISO me, it's in my first couple of posts somewhere. It's kind of (well,
really
) long if I remember correctly. And to dismiss it straightaway like she did in the following post is not only foolish, it's ridiculously scummy.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”