Newbie 989 - Dead Serious Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

I've played games in "meatworld" a bunch. Not much special roles beyond cop and doctor though. My timezone is Pacific.

Vote: Rioku243

He voted for me.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

Rioku243 wrote:Isn't OMGUSing usually a scummy thing to do? Or is it different because it's RVS?
I don't know.
*checks the wiki*
The wiki seems to suggest that it can be used by scum, but that it's also used as a random vote.

What's the point behind a FoS?
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

I voted for Rioku because it had slightly more reason (maybe not a very good one) than a random vote. Also, because it was slightly different than a random vote. It has gotten some discussion going after all.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

And because I thought I'd start a small bandwagon. (Man, I keep forgetting things.)
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

Sorry, I have a tendancy to over-explain myself.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

Rioku243 wrote:@STDD- It was at Mr.Nobody.
@Esp- I'm not really sure. It might be slightly newb that he admitted to an OMGUS but the fact that he admitte to trying to start a bandwagon is rubbing me the wrong way...
So did Scrambles.

What's the normal strategy for dealing with lurkers?
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Mr Nobody »

Rioku, are you voting for Trendall for making posts but not adding much content? If it was just for lurking, there have been others doing that.
1.) You saw it as an out? He did it much later. If he was was trying to use it as an out, he would've done it in his explaining post, or a post earlier than the one he voted in.
Er, I don't quite understand this.

Fos: Rioku

Yes, I'm already voting for you but that wasn't for much reason. I find your attack on Trendall a little scummy.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:To both Rioku and Nobody:
What are your opinions on Esp's vote against me?
unvote: Rioku

Vote: Scrambles

I've had suspicions for some time now, but had decided to stick with where I was not feeling the time was right. Maybe I should have done this earlier.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Mr Nobody »

Sorry, I've been busy these past few days. I realized the suspiciousness of my Scrambles vote, but I didn't have the time to explain when I realized it.

First of all, my Scrambles vote was due to me suspecting him before Esp voted for him. I was suspecting both him and Rioku but didn't jump to Scrambles until after someone voted for him; I decided to vote for who I thought scummy and who had the most other people voting for him at the time (which happened to be Esp in both cases).

I suspected Scrambles due to his, ferocity, for lack of a better word, in his attack on me. But I've now realized that could have been playing style rather than scummyness (Is that even a word?). So for now,
unvote: Scrambles

Now STDD. You try to bring up that you started a wagon. That is all well and good but that wasn't why I thought you were scummy. Yeah I gave you a FoS. You should be paying closer attention to the post where I actually voted you and my case there.

You did mention something earlier where my bandwagon got the tick of approval while his didn't. I don't know if that really means anything anymore though.

After looking over the posts, I'm not really sure of who is scum now. I find Esp's accusing of Scramble's defending of Trendall while Esp defended me a little suspicious, but I don't think I have enough to warrant a vote on him.

For the time being I don't think I have much on anybody. I'll just go with my earlier
vote: Rioku
I still think there's a good chance your town, but you are currently scummiest to me.

I don't have a meta you can get, the only mafia games I've played other than here are in real life.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

Err OMGUS much?
I was voting for him earlier. My change to voting for him wasn't because of him voting for me the post before. That was coincidence.
So, your afraid to make a vote by yourself and are attempting to fly under the radar by just voting along with others, instead of making cases yourself.
Somewhat. I was suspecting both you and Rioku, I decided to go with whoever other people were voting for.
I don't remember attacking you...? What post(s) did I do this in?
I'm referring to your comments on my defensive 3-post explanation of my vote on Rioku. It might not have been an attack, but the was the feeling I got from it.
What Rioku did isn't nearly enough a warrant for a vote NOW, considering cases are being formed and opinions made. Nobody, I hope you understand you don't always have to have a vote.
Yes, I voted for him because I wanted to have some vote out there.
1.) Why vote for me, considering Esp's reason for voting me was "trying to buddy up with Trendall?" Were these your suspicions too, at the time of your vote?
2.) If those WERE your suspicions, why not consider voting Esp, instead of just joining him in his wagon against me?
3.) You voted (well, FoS'd Rioku, because you were already voting him in RVS) Rioku because you didn't like his attack on Trendall. I didn't necessarily like it either, but I wouldn't call it scummy. Atleast he gives reasons to his votes, hell, even if I don't agree with them, I like it when people give reasons.
1. I was suspecting you from your earlier voting on me and your "attack" on my defensiveness. That maybe added a little to it.
2. I wasn't suspicious of Esp at the time.
3. Are you referring to me not giving a reason on voting you? I already said I was running out of time.

I just haven't liked your behavior Scrambles. I feel like you've been giving strong "attacks" for little reason. I may not be explaining this as well as I should be, but your kind of behavior has usually been scummy when I've played in real life.
unvote: Rioku

vote: Scrambles
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Mr Nobody »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
Nobody, I think this is the part where you defend yourself, because I don't like it when people stop posting **after** they get cases built against them.
Yeah, I know. Sorry if it seems like I haven't been on or something.
Oh, I see, so now my ferocious (RAAWWRRR!!!11!!one!) gameplay went from being scummy to not scummy, once I call you out for having errors. It all makes so much sense!
Yes, I changed my mind twice. First I was suspeting you, then I wasn't. Your next post got me to rethink that. And the word choice was because I couldn't think of anything better.
I don't like how he kind of like, doesn't construct his own argument here, but instead uses the Wiki to bail him out. He's effectively saying 'well, the Wiki says it can be town, so I'm town', which isn't really much of an argument.
I wasn't trying to defend myself. I was just stating what the wiki said. My explanation of my first vote was pretty much just stating things without much purpose behind it.
Oh, apparently the reason was essentially OMGUS
It was the way he did it. Not because it was against me.
Again, Mr Nobody changes his vote for no discernible reason, but Rioku had voted for him in the post before, so it could easily be another OMGUS
The timing was coincidence. I had decided not to vote for Scrambles at the time and Rioku was the most suspected in my mind at the time. I had already voted for him before (Fos as I was already voting for him).
Scrambles starts an argument against Mr Nobody, and in the next post down, Mr Nobody changes his vote to him.

It was his argument that got me to resuspect him. Yes, my suspicions of him have been from his arguments against me, but it wasn't because of it being against me.
f the post below this contains Mr Nobody voting for me, I actually won't know whether to laugh or cry.
Naw, I'm still voting for Scrambles.
For me, this just screams as a fallback just in case if Rioku flips town, he could be like: "I had a gut feeling he was town". Also, how could you think that he could be town, yet the scummiest?
I thought he was scummiest, but wasn't too sure in my suspicions. I didn't even think of it being a fallback.

Well, I guess that's all I got. The only people I've ever most suspected is Rioku and Scrambles. I never voted for one just due to an attack against me (well, except for the first time sorta :P ). Anyway, that's all.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

No, there's nothing wrong with anybody changing their mind. If you think someone is guilty, and then new information comes to light that makes you think that they actually might be innocent, then of course you're going to change your mind.
I think he's referring to me changing my mind twice rather than just once.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

And I claim vanilla townie.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Mr Nobody »

mallowgeno wrote:
Mr Nobody wrote:And I claim vanilla townie.
Anything else you would like to say?
...No, is there anything else I should say?
But what if he DID false claim a PR to try and protect himself and then we had a CC?
What does the CC mean?
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

Nope. I don't have anything more to say than I've already said. Other than going on vacation. But I don't think that really matters much now. :lol: Thanks for playing!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”