Newbie 989 - Dead Serious Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Rioku243 »

As for your questions...
1) I've played IRL but it's mostly been RVS the entire time and there aren't any reveals when you die... So it's very different from this site. This is my first game online
2) I'm UTC (-5)

But as for your vote, you're thinking of Raikou, not Rioku ;). Very different meanings.

VOTE: Mr. Nobody, Being Nobody does not help the town in any way shape or form.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:25 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Isn't OMGUSing usually a scummy thing to do? Or is it different because it's RVS?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Seems like an over reaction to me...
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Rioku243 »

@STDD- It was at Mr.Nobody.
@Esp- I'm not really sure. It might be slightly newb that he admitted to an OMGUS but the fact that he admitte to trying to start a bandwagon is rubbing me the wrong way...
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Rioku243 »

After rereading all 2 pages of this thread, I'm not really feeling My Mr. Nobody vote so UNVOTE: Mr. Nobody.

However, I am feeling like I should VOTE: Trendall.
He starts off the thread with no vote. I'm assuming because he doesn't really want to draw suspicion to himself. When he's called out on his lack of random vote by RandomMaster, he comes up with a one line excuse.

Then we don't hear anything from him until he decides to try and explain RVS and tell people to get avatars, yet again with the excuse that there's not enough evidence yet. I'm thinking he's trying not to draw attention to himself.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Rioku243 »

1) You did vote for mallow but I saw it as an out to try and find someone to vote because you realized how suspicious it was to not vote.

2) It just seemed like another way to cover yourself from looking too suspicious. You really couldn't just point and pick a name? That seems a little hard to believe. Or maybe you just didn't want anyone to criticize you for your vote? That seems likely.

3) I'll retract this point. Real life didn't even occur to me as I was typing that. I apologize. But
Trendall:Anyway, I'm not seeing anything that's particularly screaming mafia, or screaming out Good from anybody at the moment
really seems like your trying to act like your participating while posting nothing of real content at all. Maybe this is how you really feel at the moment but I think it's scummy.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Rioku243 »

I chose Trendall because, unlike Funky and Milk & Cookies, he did have more than one post. I considered it to be more under the "Active Lurking" that Esp described. I assumed that Trendall was still keeping up with the thread and posting when he thought it would keep his participation up. I was either right that he was keeping up with the thread, or we just have similar activity times because he posted around half an hour after my accusation.

I also found it weird that he decided not to randomly vote in one post but then a few posts later put in a nonrandom vote but using RVS logic such as mallow not having an avatar. I know that not everyone votes in RVS but those who do, usually do it in their first post and not in their 3rd post. It might not be a case, but I thought it was strange and deserved to be brought up.

I find Esp's vote on you legitimate mainly because you're probably the player he finds the scummiest right now. Just as Mr.Nobody finds you the scummiest (although I'm not sure why...). I find your defending Trendall slightly scummy. But I don't feel like it's worth my vote just yet. so
FoS: STDD
. I'm also not willing to lynch our IC yet as he will hopefully teach us a lot within the days. You trying to vote him could be seen as you trying to get rid of the help the newbies need.

If there's anything I missed I'll post later.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Rioku243 »

I didn't mean to skip over your points but from I'm getting from them, Mr.Nobody is the one blindly following Esp. Why would you vote for Esp instead of Nobody since they are supposedly wagoning together?
Esp had a reason for voting you while Nobody didn't. I find the unexplained votes scummier than explained votes. I know you said you don't find Nobodies actions scummy but why not? What I still feel as an over reaction to an early OMGUS accusation, then he vanishes until the heats off of him only to follow Esp again. Esp also called Nobody out and asked for reasoning. I don't think he would bring it to attention if they were scum buddies or anything. If anything, it looks like Nobody's trying to buddy up to Esp.
I understand that there's a 14% chance he's scum but I feel that there's more for us newbies to learn and he could benefit us if alive. No matter his win condition, he's still here to help newbies learn the game, which would benefit everyone.
Could you please elaborate on what you think is hypocritical about his saying you were defending Trendall? Is it because he told everyone that Nobody's town? I'm trying to understand but some clarification would help.

Also can you give me your opinion on my choice of Trendall instead of M&C or funky? You seemed to only comment on the stuff involving Esp instead of the explanation that iirc, you asked for.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

@Mod: Can we have a vote count please?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

@STDD- Which do you think is more likely? Esp/Nobody scum pair, or Esp being scum and Nobody being town. And let's say by some chance you're wrong and Esp IS town. Don't you think that losing that teaching would make the scum's job easier? I'm not trying to defend Esp's actions, but in general. I don't think trying to lynch an IC on the first day is the best thing for town/

@Random Master- Who do you think is the most suspicious in this game so far and why? Are you getting any reads on anyone that you'd like to share with us?

@Mallow- What do you mean by "You won't fool me." Are you saying that you'll be able to read his actions well enough to figure out his alignment? Please elaborate.

@Esp- If you're right about STDD being scum, then who would you target next? Do you have anyone in mind as his scum buddy? Or will you just try to figure it out as you go?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Rioku243 »

@Esp- Why not? If you'd rather me rephrase it, who else do you find suspicious? I realize it's early in the game with little information but we have to try and work with what we have don't we?

@STDD- I don't really find meta's reliable in either case. People can act really different in games despite their alignment.

@mallow- I don't think anyone's an auto clear. There's always a chance that they're scum until they flip.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

I just did an Isolation read of Esp and nothing really screams scummy to me... The only thing that sticks out is his defense of Nobody early on. And that it was a little rude of him to just laugh at STDD's request for a meta, even though I don't think it would help much either. And I don't think rude=scum in these forums.

Nobody seemed to have a panic attack early on when people accused him of OMGUS but then just, seemingly blindly, votes Scrambles without a good explanation. I'm kind of seeing him as slightly scummy right now, until he provides reasoning for his Scrambles vote but I've already mentioned this so I won't beat it to death.

Random Master seemed like he tried to defend Trendall as well but only by agreeing with Scrambles. But he also hasn't posted enough for me to get a good read on him, so I'm considering him neutral now.

Scrambles seems like he's town to me. I feel like he's one of the few actually trying to scum hunt here. His case against Esp is solid even though I don't particularly agree with it mainly because I don't see anything particularly scummy with Esp's posts. As of now, he has a town read from me because he seems like he's TRYING instead of trying to pull the "We don't have enough information yet" crap.

Believe it or not, I actually believe Trendall's town atm too. He replied to my points with a cool head instead of panicking like I believe he would have if he was scum. UNVOTE: Tendall

Anyone not mentioned, I can't get a read on because lack of posts/content in posts.

At this point in time, I find Nobody scummiest so that's where I will place my vote. VOTE: Mr.Nobody

@Trendall: I'm a him :P

And I'd like to clear up my IC lynch statement. If the I believe the IC is scummy I will vote for him, but I feel it would be a dangerous bandwagon to start now when I don't think he's scum, because if he's not and we do accidentally speed lynch him (This has happened before, correct?) that puts scum at a great advantage. I know the SE's could help us but I think the experience of an IC is more valuable (No offense STDD or Mallow :P) because they've seen more.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Rioku243 »

I believe that's 3 cases of OMGUS in this game from him already... First during RVS. Second as stated by
I suspected Scrambles due to his, ferocity, for lack of a better word, in his attack on me.
and then a third for his vote on me again.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Rioku243 »

But what if he DID false claim a PR to try and protect himself and then we had a CC? It would have brought more discussion than "Oh nobody hammer if he's VT" "Oh... I am VT...yeah"

And it's not like he would CLAIM scum, so the way you put it, we aren't lynching him any way. It sounds like you're trying to protect him.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

That's what I meant it as so if it isn't correct I apologize haha.

And Esp, my argument is that by you saying "If you claim VT we shouldn't lynch you" you gave Nobody the lee way TO claim VT as a safe option. Otherwise, he may have panicked and claimed a PR, hoping to avoid the lynch. Now if he went uncountered, I would have unvoted. I think it's pretty much a give in to not lynch a claimed PR because that's bad for town.

I think you should have waited until after his claim to give us suggestions on what to do next. I don't think it was necessarily scummy, but just a poor move.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Yeah but now we have a limited time until the day ends. Anything you wanted to say before day 1 ends better be really quick
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Rioku243 »

I'm not really seeing how mallow hammering is scummy. If he really believed Nobody was scum, then he had a perfectly acceptable reason. It might have been a little fast but as for it hindering conversation, there hasn't actually been any. Even though we have a lot of extra time in twilight (Is it normally this long?) and no ones said anything except that they're starting an early D2 bandwagon of Mallow that I don't really see justification for. If someone could explain that to me it'd be appreciated.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Rioku243 »

EBWOP: Sorry just realized Haylen's V/LA till Friday so that's why twilights lasting so long
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

RM, how do you feel about the Mr.Nobody lynch? You haven't commented on it since your vote.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

I agree that I believe we got scum but there's one thing that makes me unsure. He seemed okay with being lynched and I don't think scum would be in a game where there's only two of them. Of course there's nothing anyone could have done at this point because it was in twilight but that's the only thing that makes him look town to me...
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Trendall, can you please explain these "obvious reasons"? I agree with you but I want to see what you have to say on the subject before I say anything.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Yes, but do you really think that it would be the same if Mr.Nobody was scum? Mallow wouldn't be facing this judgment would he? I'm actually far more interested in the fact that RM was NK'd after he said this
RandomMaster wrote:I feel like we got scum, but you never know for sure in this game. Just usually when I come on and I got something to say, it's already picked up by someone else, so me just repeating it would just make it redundant, such as the VT claim, so that's why I haven't commented. Rereading his defenses still holds up my opinion of him as scum. Looking back at the wagon, I would say if A) he flips scum: Go after Espeonage for the buddying with scum.
Or, if somehow B) he flips town: I'm going to look at STDD and mallow.
STDD, looking back seems to be holding on to his vote until steam picks up on him. Notice he put just FoS' and HoS', then Trendall and I vote Mr. N., and then he votes, stating it's for the same reasons as before. What I don't understand is how back at the FoS', when he was telling us his reasons, how that wasn't worth a vote, yet later on, it is. mallow is pretty much for the "I agree that no one should quickhammer him. So do you have something else to say?" "No" "(hammers)" Again, it depends on what he flips. I'm about 85% sure we got scum.
Now, Scrambles was one of my stronger town reads on Day 1 but Mallow didn't really seem to post much and when he did, it wasn't very long but it definitely affects those two negatively in my eyes.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Then maybe it isn't as reliable as a tell as I thought. We still don't have a lot of information to go off of so anything that can help us needs to be brought out. I don't think it's a strong enough case to vote for either of you yet, but it's something to keep in the back of your heads.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Rioku243 »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
Rioku243 wrote:Then maybe it isn't as reliable as a tell as I thought. We still don't have a lot of information to go off of so anything that can help us needs to be brought out. I don't think it's a strong enough case to vote for either of you yet, but it's something to keep in the back of your heads.
Yet again, interesting. You seem to pull back on it once I call it a newbscum tell.
I'm glad you find me "interesting" and all, but I feel you are misinterpreting my posts. I brought up the issue of RM's NK because I thought it was a valid point that could be brought against either you or Mallow. Then when you told me that a lot of newbscum try and manipulate the NK to frame people, the idea lost credibility in my head. The idea is still present but it's weaker than when I originally thought it.
I knew it wasn't a strong case when I originally posted, hence me not voting. But it still has some merit and shouldn't be completely overlooked.

Now Scrambles (or anyone I guess), How do you feel the NK should be interpreted? Do you think that victims should be looked at for their suspects, or that scum will use this to set people up? I believe this is WIFOM, but I'm curious.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Scrambles, are you saying you've cleared mallow?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Funky, the fact that you haven't had anything to say when people have directly asked your opinions and through a lynch doesn't seem right to me. Care to explain this style of thinking?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Sadly I agree.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Funky, even if you seem to agree with everyone(which I feel is rather unlikely), ignoring posts asking for your opinion is not the way to go about things because it denies the town a chance to read you which will inevitably lead to the conclusion that you are scum.

While it's true you probably shouldn't comment after every post saying "good point" or "I agree" but you should check in every once in a while and give your opinions on people so everyone else has something to go on. Just make sure you can back up your suspicions.

I'm also going to VOTE: Funky because I find it very hard to believe that he has no opinions about ANYTHING after a lynch. It seems he's trying to fly under the radar and fence sit until someone else makes a case. Then he'll agree with it and add another vote to that person.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Rioku243 »

First of all, Mallow, I'm not really seeing anything there? It seems like he included him self to give us the overall picture so I'm not really seeing what's scummy.

Second, Esp, How's that reread/analysis thing coming along? I've noticed that you haven't been doing much of an analysis in your posts either. When I read through the thread (since you know, nothing else is going on) all I see from you is a lot of IC teachings. You haven't put a case up against anyone, except for a minor one on Scrambles, which as you admitted yourself wasn't very convincing. I believe you are what you defined as Active Lurking. You only pop up every now and again to give an IC moment every now and then. It seemed like you were upset with Nobody's lynch so early because it would hinder discussion, when you haven't really done anything to increase discussion anyways, even given the extended twilight. The only thing you said during it was that Mallow would be an easy bandwagon to start today, which you didn't even follow through with.

@Funky, I see that you logged on yesterday. Why not comment on the fact that you've gotten a couple of votes? Please don't tell me you don't have an opinion on that too?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Funky, maybe you didn't jump on the wagon as to avoid suspicion to yourself? I've read a few games where peoples scumminess goes up for speeding a wagon up too fast. Even if you didn't feel comfortable voting anyone, you could have still posted opinions. And I do understand not having the time to post for a bit. So I'll let that point slide.

Scrambles,
1) Believe it or not, I was going to vote Funky when I got onto a computer, I only had access through my phone for a while there and making a case wouldn't have been fun so I waited, it was just coincidentally after yours.
2) I believe I explained this to the best of my ability.
3) are you talking about this one?
Rioku243 wrote: I'm glad you find me "interesting" and all, but I feel you are misinterpreting my posts. I brought up the issue of RM's NK because I thought it was a valid point that could be brought against either you or Mallow. Then when you told me that a lot of newbscum try and manipulate the NK to frame people, the idea lost credibility in my head. The idea is still present but it's weaker than when I originally thought it.
I knew it wasn't a strong case when I originally posted, hence me not voting. But it still has some merit and shouldn't be completely overlooked.

Now Scrambles (or anyone I guess), How do you feel the NK should be interpreted? Do you think that victims should be looked at for their suspects, or that scum will use this to set people up? I believe this is WIFOM, but I'm curious.

If so, it wasn't anger. It was me coming to terms with the fact that you had a point. NK's aren't as big of a tell as I hoped. If I still would've thought it was a decent case, I'd be pursuing you or Mallow. I'd feel it was more disappointment than anger.

4)I actually started the Nobody Wagon and I had good reason to. Nobody played very scummily, especially under all the pressure. And IIRC, you were also on said wagon so using this point against me doesn't really mean much.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Welcome to the game Bob :D. Mallow being an SE means he should've had enough experience not to hammer that quickly but he's only played 2 games. It's still not a lot and he might still be easily influenced. Not saying it's truly justified but putting pressure on people just for having experience isn't really fair.

Mallow, do you mind explaining your Esp vote? I also found it as strange considering that post had nothing to do with him.

Scrambles, are you going to pursue that case you had on me or are you just gonna leave it at that? I also want to ask you why you only fos'd me instead of voting for me. You unvoted right before it so why not just vote me?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

But after looking at it again, mallow care to answer bobs accusations? Your only defense is that it would be oppurtunistic for a replaced scum to target you. And you said milk and cookies lurked hardcore but he didn't. He flaked. I don't find that to be scummy necessarily. I find active lurking like esp and funky to be much scummier.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Rioku243 »

What exactly does his IC post on lurkers have to do with him being scum?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Towards the beginning of Day one I felt Mallow was protownish. He was trying to help explain things to everyone while still trying to play the game. I didn't really have a problem with him until recently when he started to avoid Bob's points against him. Hammering doesn't really seem like a big scumtell to me but his explanation does seem rather weak. I don't think Mr.Nobody would've made it to LYLO so that was a pretty weak excuse there. Mallow is also avoiding questions to his "case" on scrambles.

@Mallow- Why did it seem weird to you that Scrambles included himself as possible scum? And can you respond to all the points made against you and not just the ones involving the Esp vote?

I'd also like to bring attention back to Funky. He seemed to jump on Mallow as soon as someone else did. His only defense being "It could be scummy but I'm not and I don't have a defense for it" is really bothering me too.

Hayl, can you prod Esp please? It's been 5 days or so...
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Well I think it should be done regardless of alignment, but, like Esp, the helping was most of Mallows day 1. It made them seem protown while actually contributing very little to the game. But because it's not essentially a SE's job to help the newbie players as much as the ICs I'd say him trying to help clarify things was slightly protown.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

mallowgeno wrote:Phsaw! I'm not going to answer this again.
... VOTE: mallowgeno
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

I just realized that was a hammer... I'm sorry you guys I forgot trendall voted at the start of the day. I thought I was putting him at l-1.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Rioku243 »

I'm assuming no one else noticed this either... or they would've asked for a claim after funky voted. Right?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Rioku243 »

First off Esp, Why exactly would I be more dangerous than funky in lylo? I really haven't played a better game than him, especially with my quick hammer yesterday, even if it caught scum. I'm also failing to see much of an argument in Scrambles ISO. 3 posts had me in it and the worst I got was an FoS. If there's anything specifically you'd like me to answer out of his posts then please quote it because I'm curious as to what exactly would make you think "Scrambles NK= Riokuscum" And why wouldn't we link it to the NK? You probably wouldn't have even looked at Scrambles if he wasn't NK'd last night.

That process of elimination seems like BS too. It's just filler to try and make your vote on me look better especially since you haven't given reasons for your town/scum reads.

Although I don't agree with bobs "IC living to day 3" is scum theory. It seems like WIFOM that scum would use to get an easy mislynch day 3.

Oh and I'd also like to congratulate Esp for his second real vote in this game! Really though, afraid to commit to anything?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Bob, I can't. But it still seems like a WIFOM case...

Esp- Then I'm very confused as to your voting me. You said Scrambles being killed pushed me in front of funky. Then you said not to take the NK into account. Now you're completely retracting the statement.

You have no case on me besides your process of elimination? Is that what I'm getting here?

And I'd still like to know why I'm more dangerous in LYLO than funky. Care to explain?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

You guys sure picked an awesome day to be active >.< I'd also like to point out that Esp is at L-1 currently. I'll post actual content tomorrow after I sleep and reread. Just don't do anything hasty there Trendall... (I'm mostly speaking to you because Funky and bob are already voting for him and Esp probably won't vote for himself.)
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Day one notes:
-Still not liking that Esp
knew
Nobody was town.

-Also just noticing Mallows post
mallowgeno wrote:I can never get a good read on ICs because they devote themselves to helping everyone which may lure newbies into a reading them as town. I'm not saying you're mafia Espeonage, I'm just saying that if you are, you won't fool me.
which to me sounds like "I'm gonna act like I'll always be suspicious of you, but I really won't do much about it." I'm thinking this could be a form of the Vote:town Fos:scum buddy theory. Mallow later votes for Esp, but no one else is so it was a safe vote to try and distance scum buddies.

-I like the way Trendall posts his defenses. They're clear and seem genuine. But I don't see much offense until he attacks Nobody, which is what everyone was doing. Not that there was a whole bunch of offense throughout Day one.

- I don't like how Esp just kind of shoots down mine and Scrambles arguments with "lol we shouldn't be discussing this here" at the top of page 4. But as I said earlier I don't really see that as a scum tell just kind of rude.

-Wait, wait, wait wait... Funky's only content post of day one.
funkyzafara wrote:
Mr Nobody:
He's been very defensive, doing a couple of OMGUS votes, but I am not sure if that is actually a suspicious thing, as everyone is defensive for themselves if voted against. Still doesn't stop me from seeing scummy behavior here though.

Scrambles:
I cannot justify why, but I just have a bad feeling about you, sorry. It may be your avatar, or maybe I'm just reading your posts wrong, but you definitely seem scummy to me xD.

Esp:
The whole "teaming up" with Nobody in the early start of the topic, on top of the now, seemingly know-it-all IC, makes me suspicious against you.

Anyone else:
There's not anyone else I've really "noticed" being scummy yet, but I am still suspicious of everyone.

All-in-all I really don't see anyone I can fully vote on, as I am still very torn.

Suspicious of 3 people. One of them being the top suspect of Day 1. But no vote. You say you're very torn but that's fence sitting. And why is noticed in quotation marks? I find that strange. I wish I would have noticed this earlier.

Day 2-
-Esp vanishes. while supposedly doing a reread. Which I don't think we ever got the analysis of.

-Funky appears to defend himself and vote mallow with the reason
funkyzafara wrote: mallow, you have some good points in your post, and I agree, Bob does need to make an impression fast, and he did that by voting for you. However, it seems as if you would've actually wanted to vote for him, but decided to vote for Espeonage instead, so it wouldn't seem like an OMGUS vote. However you did this, without putting up any points as to what Espeonage did that was scummy.

VOTE: mallowgeno
Which to me reads, "I'll change my mind as soon as the heats off you but I need people to think I'm against you"

-Bob joins the game and quickly comes off to everyone as protown. I find the way he led the town against mallow kind of scary though. Because Mallow flipped scum it might make him seem almost confirmed town but that might be exactly what he wanted. The aggressiveness of it makes me think he is really scum hunting though.

-I don't like how funky and I were the only ones Mallow called town. It makes me slightly more suspicious of Funky but the case could also be used against myself. I know my alignment but none of you do so that point doesn't hold much weight to anyone besides me.

-I'm also not really sure how to take Bob's reaction to my hammer vote. It was a mistake but he bought it really fast, especially considering he was attacking Mallow for his quick hammer the day before. Trendall's reaction was the one I expected out of almost everyone.

Day 3-
-Hey look Esp's back! And he provides some crap logic about process of elimination to try and vote me!And he spells my name wrong...twice.

-I still don't like Bob's IC set up there... but he has explained it.

-Ok this post right here is giving me red flags.
Espeonage wrote:You are more dangerous as scum in lylo as you would have a better chance of confising the town than Funky. Consider it a compliment.
I, myself would rather not confuse the town so I don'/t know HOW that is a compliment. So I'm either seeing that as a trap to try and set me up by agreeing to it, or that's how you're trying to get the town to play. Either way is upping your scumminess to me.

-Funky extreme buddying up to Bob. Bob notices this and calls Funky out on it though which makes Bob seem more pro town and Funky seem more like scum to me. Funky continues to fence sit and follow Bob around by listing Esp as his top scum read but not voting him until he is pressured because he didn't vote.

-I also don't like Esp bringing up his meta to try and defend himself. I don't think meta is a good argument. At all. Especially if brought up by the person themselves.

People

Funky:
My top pick for scum right now. I'm thinking he's trying to active lurk too much. He's doing a lot of fence sitting, trying not to stand out until he's pressured. Then he follows Bob. I don't like it.

Esp:
He's feeling really scummy to me as well. His lack of content while still trying to look productive is starting to catch up. He was able to hide it through IC posts on day one but it's like he's not even trying anymore. Esp, we aren't mind readers. Please explain why you've determined Bob and Trendall as town and what exactly in Scrambles ISO puts me infront of Funky for your vote.

Bob:
Most likely protown. I don't know for sure though. His town leading is what's making me the most suspicious.

Trendall:
I'm most confident in my read that he's town. He seems like he's trying to think from both perspectives to find the motivations behind peoples posts instead of just jumping to conclusions.

I'll end this post with my vote. VOTE: Funky
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Esp- apologies for my apparent misrep but that's how I took that phrase. You should really be clearer in what your posts are supposed to mean. By layin it out as a compliment, if I agreed, you'd pretty much have my as scum right there. It looked like a trick.

Bob- You didn't specify that you were waiting on me. And now that I've posted my reread, you haven't commented on it, despite continuing to attack Esp. And that post saying Mallow helped his team more than he realized is actually quite strange to me. Can you explain it please?
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Just noticing something else on Esp... On day one he called Nobody town, feeling very confident then
Espeonage wrote:scum can be certan.........
Hmm...
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

Day one:
Espeonage wrote:I love Newbie games.
Mr. Nobody is town.
Then later on Day 3 he says
Espeonage wrote:scum can be certan.........
When discussing funky saying he wanted to be certain before voting.

Now I believe he just may have incriminated himself a little further.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #45) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Funky, at that point, I didn't think you really had anything to worry about with voting. Nobody wants another quick lynch. I know I've been keeping a close eye on the vote count anyways. Being "certain" of someones alignment will never happen unless you're a cop or you're scum.

Bob, I'm alright with an Esp lynch or a Funky lynch today, even though I believe Funky is our last scum. I'd like to wait until closer to deadline to actually make that lynch though.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”