Newbie 987: Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

I dont swoop in when it's easy, I glide in and analyze whats been said, then give my suspicions. I have stated in every game since about my third that I hate the RVS, and I haven't participated in it since that game. You are the first person to give me any kind of flak on it, and I want to know why. I also want to know why you are focusing on me when I have at least commented and contributed a little bit, and not on some of the other people who haven't posted a lot or at all. Why you ignoring lunaticlucas and Banana Stickers hmm? Is it because they haven't said anything you can twist and warp into something that paints them as scum?
FOS: podium123456
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by podium123456 »

I told you why... several times, i think. I don't like people intentionally setting back and letting others do the work, and then coming in WHEN IT'S EASY and giving opinions/analysis. It's easy to come in after all this has taken place, and give analysis. It's a lot harder to actually get all that to happen.

Why am i focusing on you? You aren't new, and you specifically said you were going to sit back and let others do all the work before you give input.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But hey, this is good... now we are getting some insight into your personality. See how much fun you can have in the RVS? :P

BTW, what have i twisted and warped to make someone look like scum?
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Hey podium, what did that statement of my do, hmm? Seems like it got us out of RVS and into serious territory. So, while I didn't actively participate in the RVS, I did my part to get us out of it. As to what you twisted and warped, I never said I was going to wait and come in when it's easy, because it never is easy unless you are the cop with a couple of guilties or you are scum. Otherwise, you have just as much information as the rest of town, and must use that, plus your observations, to determine who is scum. I don't wait until it is easy, I wait until there is information. As to that end, two people need to provide some, so
FOS: banana stickers
and here is a pressure
vote:lunaticlucas
. Comic con or not, there is a game that requires your attention, get to it.
SONY MAFIA

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by podium123456 »

I wouldn't say that your statement (assuming you mean your FOS post) took us out of RVS... we had already moved out of it IMO. And the only reason you made that statement is because i pressured you. But, i'm glad that you are participating now.

As far as me twisting words, that's just a semantics disagreement over what's easy and what isn't. You say it's only 'easy' if you have a cop with guilties (duh), but i was comparing RVS and post-RVS and saying it's easier to come in post-RVS after stuff has happened. I don't think i was really twisting anything, if you think about what i was saying.

UNVOTE
VOTE: Banana Stickers

BTW, are you aware that you just put lunaticlucas at L-1? I would suggest someone on that wagon unvote to prevent an accidental (or intentional) hammer.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

I wasn't referencing my FOS post, I was talking about the post you linked to, this post:
jmj3000 wrote:Let everyone else do the RVS, then examine the votes, the randomness, the bandwagons that formed, and the reactions of the people who were voted.
Wouldn't you agree we started heading out of the RVS not long after I posted that?
SONY MAFIA

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Uhhh... no, not really.

And besides that... i'm confused about your flow of logic as to how you could point to that post, where you are answering a general question, and classify it as something you did to move the game out of RVS. That's kind of a stretch, IMO.

And for the 2nd time, are you aware that you put lunatic at L-1?
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Yes, I am aware. Are you aware that your constantly bringing attention to it will hurt more than help because then the scum know. It also helps because now the scum know. A L-1 vote is a double edged sword. As to why I pointed to that post and said it helped move us out of RVS, did you or did you not start to try and get a serious bandwagon going on me after that post?
SONY MAFIA

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by podium123456 »

That was a coincidence of you being my random vote... i didn't reference that answer of yours as a reason for starting a serious bandwagon.

I stuck my neck out and made an effort to get us out of RVS... dont take credit for something i did. Your answer did no more to get us out of RVS than anyone else's answers did.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

You have stated multiple times you want to lynch me because, according to you, I am someone "who is going to sit back and swoop in when it is easy." When I asked you where I said that, you linked that post. Then you wanted to wagon me based on a random vote that stemmed from me saying I didn't like the RVS. The whole reason you are voting me is based off of me not liking one particular part of the game, and refusing to participate in it. which is a really weak reason.
SONY MAFIA

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

It is my firm opinion that arguing over when precisely the end of RVS occurred (or, for that matter, who ended it) is completely pointless, and detracts from scumhunting.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Podium: I don't think I buy that you think that's the best way to generate content. Pressuring Nobody Special has already produced an interesting response, yet you hop off once it looks like it's getting a bit serious. I wonder why...
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by podium123456 »

jmj3000 wrote: 1. You have stated multiple times you want to lynch me because, according to you, I am someone "who is going to sit back and swoop in when it is easy." 2. When I asked you where I said that, you linked that post. Then you wanted to wagon me based on a random vote that stemmed from me saying I didn't like the RVS. 3. The whole reason you are voting me is based off of me not liking one particular part of the game, and refusing to participate in it. which is a really weak reason.
1. I never said i wanted to lynch you for sitting back.

2. I didn't link your post because you asked me where you said 'ima sit back and come in when its easy', i linked it because you wanted to know why i was giving you flak about it.

3. I'm not voting you anymore, but the reason i was voting you was to pressure you into participating... which wasn't a weak reason.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ NS - i've been accused of several things that i feel aren't valid (twisting words to make someone look scummy, buddying up to you, etc.) ... i'm just trying to keep the facts straight. I imagine you would do the same. Yeah, jmj3k and i are dominating the thread right now... but i dont see much harm in it. We are generating some serious discussion, which gives everyone something to work with.

Nothing is stopping you from scumhunting... go ahead.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ foilist - i only voted NS when he accused me of buddying... when he retracted, i withdrew my vote. what exactly is your case on NS at this point?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

foilist has yet to present a coherent case against me. Read him in iso. It's funny.
....what?

Banana Stickers
Banana Stickers
Townie
Banana Stickers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am

Post by Banana Stickers »

Pressure vote, podium? I can appreciate that.
Are you aware that your constantly bringing attention to it will hurt more than help because then the scum know. It also helps because now the scum know.
Out of curiosity...how does bringing attention to it hurt more than help? How does it help scum that they "know"?
foilist has yet to present a coherent case against me. Read him in iso. It's funny.
This is true. Small little posts from foilist, turning abruptly from random stage to immediate scum accusation stage, and not using a lot to back it up with.

I haven't been around for any sort of games yet, but that sure seems like a scum tell to me.

vote: foilist
Record
W / L
Town
2 / 0
Mafia
0 / 0
Other
0 / 0
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:31 am

Post by Sotty7 »

4th Vote count of day one

:arrow:
lunaticlucas: 4 (Mutilator7, jenniwren, Moospiker, jmj3000)

foilist13: 2 ( Nobody Special, Banana Stickers)
Nobody Speical: 1 (foilist13)
Banana Stickers: 1 (podium123456)

Not voting: 3 (lunaticlucas, Banana Stickers)
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Moospiker »

podium123456 wrote:
UNVOTE
VOTE: Banana Stickers
Why...?

What's Banana Stickers done?
Nobody Special wrote:It is my firm opinion that arguing over when precisely the end of RVS occurred (or, for that matter, who ended it) is completely pointless, and detracts from scumhunting.
QFT. You should never have even started that argument.

lunaticlucas need to get his arse over here.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
Mutilator7
Mutilator7
Townie
Mutilator7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Mutilator7 »

UNVOTE

A kill this early into the game is something i want to avoid until someone does something scummy.
BonK!
Banana Stickers
Banana Stickers
Townie
Banana Stickers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Banana Stickers »

Why...?

What's Banana Stickers done?
I believe this is part of the "lynch all lurkers" bit...you know. We'll vote you until you start talking, dammit!
Record
W / L
Town
2 / 0
Mafia
0 / 0
Other
0 / 0
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Moospiker wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:It is my firm opinion that arguing over when precisely the end of RVS occurred (or, for that matter, who ended it) is completely pointless, and detracts from scumhunting.
QFT. You should never have even started that argument.
Are you saying I started the RVS argument?
....what?

Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Moospiker »

QFT means quoted for truth. I was refering to jmj/podium.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Okay.
....what?

jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 am

Post by jenniwren »

I love that Mutilator gets prodded and immediately unvotes. And finally! More people are talking. I am going to stick with what I have already said, which is that the bantering is less scummy to me than the silence. There are valid reasons for lurking, but again, in a phase when there really isn't much to go on in the way of scumhunting, the only way to learn anything is to actually talk. Sitting around and waiting just puts targets on people; at least voting stirs up discussion. I would love to hear more from Lunatic at this point, or from Mutilator. Banana has redeemed her lurking, at least imho, with a vote based on solid reasoning (thought it doesn't quite convince me--yet, anyway).

As to why I am sticking with my current vote...poking your heads in to say once to say "I was busy" or "Ok, I unvote" and going back to sleep, is a bit suspicious. Right now Lunatic needs to, as Moospiker put it, "get his arse in here" as he was almost lynched a little while ago. And Mutilator...why would you not post for days, then post only to save someone from lynching with no real explanation other than it's too early in the game to have a lynching? If you don't think Lunatic is scum, then why not? Has someone else been acting more like scum? (And by the way, right now, the other obvious question is "Did you unvote him b/c he is scum, and do you know this because you're his partner?") Don't sit on potentially useful observations and information. I personally want to make the best and most informed vote that I can, and lynching the wrong person now can make or break the rest of the game...so, if you have a good reason to lynch or not to lynch, fill us in, please!

P.S. Banana...what specific comments of Foilist's are you referring to? I see him and Nobody Special kind of doing the same things, rhetorically, anyway.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Mutilator7
Mutilator7
Townie
Mutilator7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Mutilator7 »

jenniwren wrote:I love that Mutilator gets prodded and immediately unvotes.
Funny story about that, for some reason i had lost the concept of pages in a forum and kept looking at the thread everyday and thinking that nobody was posting, i get prodded and realize the game is 4 pages in. I felt like an idiot and lunatic was at L1 with pretty much no reason so i had to unvote.
BonK!
Mutilator7
Mutilator7
Townie
Mutilator7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Mutilator7 »

jenniwren wrote: And Mutilator...why would you not post for days, then post only to save someone from lynching with no real explanation other than it's too early in the game to have a lynching? If you don't think Lunatic is scum, then why not? Has someone else been acting more like scum?
I explained why i didn't post for days, take that how you will. As of right now i don't feel like anyone is more scummy than anyone else but that may change soon.
jenniwren wrote:(And by the way, right now, the other obvious question is "Did you unvote him
b/c he is scum
, and do you know this because you're his partner?")
That's an obvious question to ask, i understand your logic. But i have to ask you, do
you
think he is scum? Because the way that is worded it sounds like you do.
BonK!
lunaticlucas
lunaticlucas
Townie
lunaticlucas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by lunaticlucas »

I've been stranded on the side of the high way for a day so I've been a little preoccupied with trying to find a way home. So I'm back now and should not be lurking any time soon.

P.S. I hold no grudges to all who have voted for me, I know I would have done the same, thinking that I seemed to be actively lurking.
Just because I stand over you, Doesn't mean you understand me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”