Newbie 947 (Game over Scum wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Haylen »

Hi, I'm Haylen one of your SE's, I'm also qualified to be an IC but ZACH FORGOT TO MAKE ME ONE IN THE OP!
Yes, Zachypoo, that was aimed at you. :x

I am going to shamelessly copy something from the first game I IC'd now. Hey, I wrote it, it's mine to do with as I will :P
Hi, guys. Welcome to MafiaScum! :D And possibly your first game here. My name's Haylen, I will answer to any variation of that. I'm
one of
your IC
's
(Inexperienced Challenged player...political correctness and all that) and it's my job to show you the ropes and to make sure you understand what is going on. You can ask me any questions you have during the game, unless it is about your role, in which case you must send a PM with your question to
Vi
Zach (the mod), neither of us bite so don't feel you can't approach us about things. I completely understand that your first game may be a daunting experience...hell, I remember my first game, ended up getting night killed on Night One, and most of you will be in the same boat regarding experience level but you're all here to learn. If you feel as though you haven't done well, don't be put out, just learn from it and improve. It is not cool to insult players for poor logic, anyone caught doing so will receive a post specially made for them in which I barate you...in a kind way. Don't take attacks on your logic personally, or lynches. They happen, that's what Mafia is all about.

Aswell as being a helper here, I am also a player in the game, even though this is a newbie game, I will not be toning down my play, I'll be treating it like a game from any of the other forums otherwise you wont be able to learn and grow as players. Just because I'm
the
an IC, it doesn't mean you can't attack my logic. I will NEVER lie in my answers when questions asked about game mechanics ect. That would completely defeat the purpose of my being an IC here. If I don't answer your questions quick enough, which is extremely unlikely, I believe the
SE is Taranski
is Michel which means he's
a
Semi Experienced player and may also be able to help.
IC like me! Oh, Jerbs is the SE, he can answer questions too

Anyway, read the rules
Vi
Zach has decided to use (warning: other mods may decide to use different variations of these rules,
but the fundamentals are all the same,so don't get confused). When this game is over, and you're all excited about joining games in other forums, ask yourselves if you truly feel ready for it...there's nothing worse than going into a mini normal game (or any other non road to rome game, for that matter) and realising halfway through it that you aren't ready.

And have fun!!!

(by the way, I will be taking notes all through the game, because I am stupidly organised and a perfectionist, so I will be able to tell you what was good, what went wrong and how to improve, when the game has ended.)

Back to player mode :)

Big warning: I like to multipost, meaning I will post more than once in a row. Usually because I have just remembered something I wanted to say in the post before but forgot. I will spare you my megaposts, no player should ever have to deal with them. Also, my grammar is generally terrible because I'm thinking of writing down what I want to say.

First thing's first.

How we vote and unvote:
Vi
Zach says in
her
:P rules that we have to bold votes and unvotes. This is how we do that:

Code: Select all

[b] Vote: playername [/b] or [b] Unvote: playername [/b]

Another important part of the game is quoting, you will find that you want to quote another player and some point or another. We do that like this:

[quote="playername"] what they said [/quote]

A little bit more complicated is putting in a link to another post as it requires multiple steps, you might want to use this sometimes when refering to the whole of a post, rather than quoting the whole thing. Here you go:

1) In the post you want to link, click on the little white symbol to the left of the word 'Posted' at the top of the post.
2) Once you have done this, copy and paste the url from your internet's address bar.
3) you will need to do this:

[url=pasted url from address bar] post number (you can use any word here, but I dont want to be confusing) [/url]

An example of that this. Here is a link to post 1 .

That was a link to
Vi's
Zach's post 1, it has all the rules in it, and as a code, looked like this:

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2241711#2241711] post 1 [/url]

Hope that last one wasn't too confusing, if it was just ask :D

Anyway, enjoy yourselves!

Oh yeah! /confirm! (hi, again,
Vi
Zach.)
Vote Superdemongob

NEVER no lynch on the first day in a game that doesnt start in mylo. It puts the town at a severe disadvantage and we'll end up in a mylo situation (which favours scum) rather than a lylo situation (which favours town)
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Haylen »

Haylen's Mafia GlosseryL-1, L-2, L-3: This refers to how many votes on a person until they are lynched. For example, if I had 3 votes and Michel had 4 votes, because it is 5 votes to lynch, I would be at L-2 and Michel would be at L-1.

------

Lylo: Means lynch or lose. During lylo if the town doesn't lynch a mafia member, then they have automatically lost. Typical lylo situations are 2 townies and 1 scum or 3 townies and 2 scum. If the number of mafia is equal to the number of town at any time, then the mafia have won.

------

Mylo: Mislynch and lose: This is actually a more difficult one to explain. Mylo is where the only thing the town can do safely is to no lynch. You should only ever lynch in a mylo situation when a cop has gotten a guilty on another player. Examples of mylo situations are when there are 3 town and 1 mafia or 6 town and 2 mafia. If the town mislynches during mylo then it is an automatic mafia victory, UNLESS the town get lucky and the have a doc in the game that targets the same person the mafia want to kill.

-------

OMGUS: Stands for 'Oh my gosh, you suck'. It's a type of vote where the voter only votes for who they voted for because they had voted for them first. I tend to stretch the term to people who attack other people because they attacked them first. Everybody suffers from a bit of OMGUS Syndrome, we can't really help but feel the person who is voting for us is scum. A lot of people find this type of votes scummy, but I don't believe they are.

-------

WIFOM: Wine in front of me, it's basically circular logic. An example of WIFOM would be me telling you lot to go and look at my previous games because I never play like this as town. WIFOM or Circular logic arguments don't hold very much credibility in games.

-------

FoS: Finger of Suspicion, you can give people one of these in place of a vote if you don't find them scummy enough to vote them but you still find them suspicious. A more suspicious person would warrant a HoS or Hand of Suspicion.

-------

IGMEOY: I've got my eye on you, generally means they don't find the person scummy but they are going to watch them carefully in the future to make sure they don't do anything scummy then.

-------

Hammer: The word for the last vote on a player that causes a lynch. Today that would be the 5th vote.

-------

QFT: Quote for truth. If you want to be lazy and not type something out yourself and someone else has already written it, just quote their post and type 'QFT' under it.

-------

EBWOP: Edit By Way of Post. Quoting your previous post and changing it because you made a coding error or something.

-------

RVS: The Random Voting Stage. That's what we're doing now! It's an icebreaker, votes during this stage arent serious.

-------

Appeal to Emotion: When a player says or does something in order to play with the other players emotions in order to not be lynched. An example: 'If you lynch me, the town will lose.' Scumminess on this varies from player to player. With me, it's completely normal to do as town or scum due to my bipolar, but with a player who is generally more...stable...it's a scumtell.

I'll leave the rest for when they actually occur

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Haylen »

About Haylen

I lurk. You don't need to tell me in thread.
I, apparently, appeal to peoples emotions when I'm not. Don't accuse me of it.
I don't misrepresent people, I misinterpret what they're saying. Don't even bother accusing me of misrepping.

I think that's about all. :P

Oh, and the following are not scumtells:
Getting angry,
hammering,
lurking (does not include active lurking)
self voting.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 am

Post by Haylen »

PatResults didn't replace out. Vel missed his outting in the queue because he editted his post rather than say it in a new post, so he was already out way before he received a role.

SDG, why are you following Michel?

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Haylen »

At the bottom of the thread there's this link that says "Watch this thread for replies' if you click that, it will add it to you list of 'watched topics' which you can find on the list of links at the top of the page. (Same place where login, private messages ect is. It's in the top row of links first one on the left.)

Oh, and you can also isolate a players posts by going to the bottom of the pages and finding the 'display posts from previous' choose the middle drop down slide to work out which player you want to iso and click go ^.^ (I like using that for prodding people in my games)

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Haylen »

Lesson Uno:
Read between the lines.

Ask why a person does these things rather than why they have said them. Why a person does them is crucial to their alignment. Some people only do them as scum, some people only do them as town. Others, like me, have outside reasons why they do them thus making them null tells. You'll notice eventually that I take a purely psychological rather than a pure logical view of mafia which I've been told is complete tosh - I'm at uni to become a psychologist so it's only natural.
Haylen wrote:
About Haylen

I lurk. You don't need to tell me in thread.
I have exams coming up. Just a warning.

I, apparently, appeal to peoples emotions when I'm not. Don't accuse me of it.
I'm bipolar. I go from hypomanic to depressed. Again, a warning. Expect some depressed comments, my doctor changed my pills yesterday

I don't misrepresent people, I misinterpret what they're saying. Don't even bother accusing me of misrepping.
I'm also dylexic and have processing problems. I tend to come to the same conclusions as everyone else but in a completely different way.
I'd like to point out that there is a difference between lurking and active lurking. Active lurkers are posting elsewhere but not in the game.

I disagree that a person experience relates to their join date. It's the amount of game they have completed that is important. According to his wiki, I have more games that Michel ^_^

And now,
I have,
an appointment
with a shrink

:P

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Haylen »

I have this avatar because of a bet.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Haylen »

Koewoe has failed to pick up his prod. I'll start looking for a replacement now. Hang in there guys.

Lots of Love,
Hayl xxx

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #37 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Haylen »

Hang on a minute! This isnt Newbie 944...

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #39 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Haylen »

Pfft. This is what I get for have three mafia windows open, that was meant to be for my newbie game, I had both this game and my game with windows where I was about to post and forgot which one I was in. You can hardly call that irrelevant so stop strawmanning my actions please. It's scummy.

Regarding DB It was an RVS vote, that wasn't exactly random and I dont plan on unvoting until Ive either seen the RVS as being over.

I don't mind L-2 votes at any point in the game, including RVS. The only thing I do mind is when people put somebody at L-1 without wanting them to be hammered. I will only put somebody to L-1 if I think they should be lynched, because of the chance that there will be a simulpost and that one containing a vote on the same player.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #46 (isolation #10) » Sat May 01, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Haylen »

V/LA for a few days. Death in the family.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #62 (isolation #11) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Haylen »

SDG wrote: i'm not trying some weird tactic where you see my confidence and back down,
i'm serious
. lynch me, waste a lynch OR we can focus on finding real scum.
Appeal to emotion - here he tells us that by lynching him we will be wasting a lynch. This is scummy because it makes the town scared of lynching somebody, the town should never be too scared to lynch a person.

"Im serious." I cant remember the proper term for it but it is suspicious when somebody uses 'honestly' or 'im serious' ect

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #69 (isolation #12) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 am

Post by Haylen »

Michel wrote: @Haylen: didn't you say that Appeal to Emotion wasn't a valid scumtell for you? Why do you actually believe it is a scumtell when demongob uses it?
Because DGB isn't me lol. I gave my reasons for people misreading what I write as appealing to peoples emotions. I know why people find me scummy sometimes and why I'm often mislynched. I don't know about a lot of peoples.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #74 (isolation #13) » Thu May 06, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Haylen »

Can we get an activity prod on Haylen, too? Just cause, you know, II'm always prodded at least once per game.

I find it interesting that everybody is sheeping around Michel. I am also worried that Michel may be trying to lead the town (because there are sheeps)

FoS Michel

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #91 (isolation #14) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Haylen »

will comment/amswer questions ect tomorrow afternoon. I dont really post at weekends it's usually reserved for modding due to my bad work hours. Feel free to ask me questions to answer when i return ^.^

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Mon May 10, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Haylen »

Zach's layzee...he just copy/pasted his last one. Be glad he didn't link to the last vote count instead.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Mon May 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Haylen »

post tromorrow, need schepp

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #145 (isolation #17) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Haylen »

Oops :oops: I could have sworn I posted here earlier today. Oh how time flies.

Wacka is annoying me. Seriously.
STOP REFERING TO PEOPLE IN SUCH DEROGATORY TERMS OR I'M TAKING IT UP WITH THE MOD AND HE WILL LISTEN CAUSE IF HE DOESN'T HE KNOWS I'LL KICK HIS ASS
. I disagree with the points he has made about people needing to react to things in mafia. It depends on how emotionally involved the player gets in the game. In the past, I have been highly emotional about things in games - particularly if people are using personal attacks. He is also asking players to make a case on something basically impossible. How can you make a case on somebody who has barely posted? It looks to me that he is trying to play Ally and Me=Weird off against each other. It also looks like he is trying to force himself to look protown by yelling at everybody to be active cause most players would have learnt before joining a game that lurking is the sign of a mafia member.
FoS Wacka

Ally, use as many bolded things as you want. Sometimes it helps in games if something is bolded or italicised like people names. We're bolding FoS's, arent we? The mod doesn't need to take them into account.

Btw, guys, can we quit claiming our roles? It's far to early in the game and I wouldn't advocate it until a player is at L-1.

M=W - Information instead of analysis.
FoS Me=Wierd

I'm pretty sure half of what Jerbs has said in the game isn't relevant. His last post wasn't even about this game. And I, personally, don't think anybody should be using Razorback as an example of anything unless it is 'cheater'. He cheated in his last game. I wasn't in the game but I'm still pissed off about it. Haylen doesn't like cheaters. It brings back bad memories of a player called 'Sting'.

I find it incredibly weird that DGB asked to be replaced out as soon as pressure was put on him. That is the sort of thing that makes me want to lynch a person straight away. When a scum feels trapped, it is more difficult for them to escape than it is for town. It is my belief that he felt unable to dig himself out of it and thought somebody else would do a better job ie he didn't want to lose. I would advocate any DGB lynch right now.

I usually prevent myself from doing this so early in a game, but I think that Wacka and DGB are most likely to be scumbuddies.

More tomorrow when I will post a giant message at Wacka to MAKE him answer questions - he'll have to wade through it to find them. ^.^

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #155 (isolation #18) » Fri May 14, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Haylen »

Popping in quickly to answer Jerbs. No, the game I am refering to was 951 (i think) Sotty ran it. Sorry, i tend to remember games by the mod or game name rather than by the number, for example, my newbie game is Poetic Justice but if you asked me the number for it I wouldn't have a clue...even though I wrote it :P

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #227 (isolation #19) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Haylen »

Why are you voting for me.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #233 (isolation #20) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Haylen »

Yellow evil smily face wrote: You keep on promising to bring content, but you don't. You have been super lurky and not helpful, and I will leave my vote here for awhile until you bring content that I am satisfied with.
So it's a pressure vote?
Pressure votes don't work on me, lol. They never have done and never will. You can put me to L-1 and I won't bat an eyelid. I'll post content when I want to post content. Btw, I'm generally pretty useless on Day One...not enough info for me to go with. I absolutely hate first day. So why don't you replace in on Day Two? I hear you cry, it's because I love the RVS.

Hmm...so two out of you five are scum.

bemyally
jmurph3
Mb53
Tyrope
Jerbs
Haylen

MichelSableheart

I think MB53 and Michel are scum. Michel I have already explained why and MB53 because the majority of his posts have been Information instead of analysis. He has also turned into the lurker police. No, this isn't OMGUS, this is me doing some work.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #249 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Haylen »

Tyrope wrote:I'm sorry for not posting here, real life family issues prevented me from coming online, i shall put the promised post online ASAP.
*huggles*

Take your time.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #252 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 am

Post by Haylen »

JR wrote: So far, only haylen and xcom has caught my attention. Haylen, because almost half of Day, she weren't around while everyone is scum hunting. Might be a mafia trying to hide in the background. I'm keeping an eye on her.
^_^ Hi! I actually have had the equivilant of what american's call finals over the past few weeks. And if I am completely honest, I replaced into way too many games and am modding more than I can handle. It burned me out quite a bit. But three of the games I was in are over now and I'm only in 3 more now ^.^ Expect something later today.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #263 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Haylen »

there's a small possibility that she is overusing real life as an excuse. I just find it odd that despite of her busy schedule in real life, she still has the will to play.
Mafia is my only reality escape. I need it otherwise I will completely lose the plot. If you really want to know what's been going on in my life the past few weeks, I'll PM you after the game. But I don't want it advertised.

i dont post weekends

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #271 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Haylen »

Checking in before bed: Michel, you give me a scummy vibe, and you seem to be gathering newbies around you to form an evil army of minions. Jerbs is lurking. Did I do a PBPA?

baaaaah, bed time.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #275 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Haylen »

Oh that sucks, i thought I did one already. You WERE leading the town, I didnt say you are now. YES I DO REMEMBER THAT GAME, I GOT A LOAD OF SHIT CAUSE I UNVOTED 24 HOURS BEFORE DEADLINE.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #285 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Haylen »

@Haylen: if you read that line, and remember that game (where I believe I explained pretty solidly why a No Lynch is a bad idea), then why aren't you voting now?
Ok,
Vote Michel
I dont feel I have more information to go on than I did on Day One :? Yes, I'm voting you because you still look like you're trying to lead the town >.>

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #326 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by Haylen »

Bad lynch is bad...although it does make my life easier. The only thing I'm guilty of is not being able to get into the game.

KILL ME, KILL ME IF YOU CHOOSE, BUT I SWEAR TO THE GODS OF MAFIA, I WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU ALL. AND YOU WILL THINK IT IS VERY VERY MEAN.

hehe.

Claim: Lynchproof townie

I kid.

Real Claim: Vanilla Townie

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #329 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:09 am

Post by Haylen »

hehe. Translated roughly into English, what I said was 'I would like to cut you up with my meatcleaver named CheezeFuffles.'

Btw, it's bad to lynch without asking for a claim first. Also, tomorrow is most likely going to be lylo, this means that if you mislynch again tomorrow, the town loses.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #364 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Haylen »

oooh, I have a bah post.

Come on Zach, shake that sexy ass of yours all the way to Japan!

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #383 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Haylen »

Michel wrote:Haylen, I may have said this before, but if you're not going to play the game, it's better for everyone if you don't sign up.
Thanks. I know where I'm not wanted.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #386 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Haylen »

Also, btw, Michel, you're activity was hardly any better than mine. Jerbs should have been lynched ages ago, he did less than I did. And FYI, the reasons for me not posting as much were unforseeable so don't dare tell me I didn't play the game. If I didn't I wouldnt have replaced in.

@Haylen :P

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”